Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 08-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

BoyNeedsGirl can only hope to improve
Send a message via MSN to BoyNeedsGirl
Default Body Swapping

Does anyone else fantasize about completely swapping bodies with other people? For instance, waking up as your girlfriend / boyfriend and living their lives....

Also, why are people not researching brain transplants for this kind of thing? Who wouldn't want to at least try it?
Old 08-05-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Who's to say their lives would be any better?

Personally, I am fine with who I am, warts and all.
Old 08-06-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

send.the.love is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to send.the.love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyNeedsGirl View Post
Does anyone else fantasize about completely swapping bodies with other people? For instance, waking up as your girlfriend / boyfriend and living their lives....

Also, why are people not researching brain transplants for this kind of thing? Who wouldn't want to at least try it?
We are a long way off before we do any fullscale brain transplants. The human brain is the most complex organ and we have have barely tapped the surface in discovering how it works and then some.

I don't fantasize swapping, but rather just waking up a new person. I've wondered what kind of woman I would be, and I've also wondered what it be like if I were more androgynous male.

"Swapping" is little too sophomoric for my taste.
Old 08-06-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by send.the.love View Post
We are a long way off before we do any fullscale brain transplants. The human brain is the most complex organ and we have have barely tapped the surface in discovering how it works and then some.

I don't fantasize swapping, but rather just waking up a new person. I've wondered what kind of woman I would be, and I've also wondered what it be like if I were more androgynous male.

"Swapping" is little too sophomoric for my taste.
The problem is, there isn't enough research into the brain but more research into trying to cure incurable diseases. If, say we spent more time researching the brain, we would have a better understanding on how it works and transplants would more likely be possible.
Old 08-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
The problem is, there isn't enough research into the brain but more research into trying to cure incurable diseases. If, say we spent more time researching the brain, we would have a better understanding on how it works and transplants would more likely be possible.
How in the world do you equate brain transplants and body swapping? Do you think that a transplanted brain from a person of a different gender would suddenly make your body different?

No disease is incurable. That goes against everything biologists understand. It may not be possible to develop the cure, but incurability qua incurability is a misnomer.

And as for brain research, perhaps you would be interested in a small piece of what is happening at my institution.

http://bcs.mit.edu/

http://mcgovern.mit.edu/
Old 08-06-2010
Natalie_J

Brain transplants? Hmmm...

I've got visions of that old Sci-Fi cliche of the brain inside the jar, all wired up and talking (almost as if it doesn't know it's in a jar)
Attached Thumbnails
brains.JPG  
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

I've got dibs on a #6
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
How in the world do you equate brain transplants and body swapping? Do you think that a transplanted brain from a person of a different gender would suddenly make your body different?
???? Ummm, eh? Backwardsmuch?

Quote:
No disease is incurable. That goes against everything biologists understand. It may not be possible to develop the cure, but incurability qua incurability is a misnomer.

Physics and Chemistry may have some contradictions there... Everyone's gotta die of something, and the laws of thermodynamics say you can't live forever.
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
???? Ummm, eh? Backwardsmuch?
What I mean, Anna, is not that a transplanted brain would fail to make one's body feel different. I am referring to the physical reality of the body. If a GG's brain were transplanted into my current body, I would not suddenly have a vagina.

Quote:
Quote:
Physics and Chemistry may have some contradictions there... Everyone's gotta die of something, and the laws of thermodynamics say you can't live forever.
What I wrote does not state that I believe humans are immortal, as you imply. I simply wrote that the fact that we die of a disease does not mean that the disease "incurable." It may only be that we have yet to find the cure and perhaps never will. The word "incurable" is a misnomer; we should use the phrase "currently incurable" or "not yet curable" or even perhaps "never curable because we just aren't smart enough to figure it out." Disease is either an impairment of health caused by an external factor, which in theory could be eliminated (e.g., a cancer-causing agent in the drinking water), or an abnormal functioning of some part of the human body system, which in theory could be corrected so that it functions normally.

Nothing I wrote contradicts physics, chemistry, or the laws of thermodynamics.
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
What I mean, Anna, is not that a transplanted brain would fail to make one's body feel different. I am referring to the physical reality of the body. If a GG's brain were transplanted into my current body, I would not suddenly have a vagina.
If a GG's brain were transplanted into your body, you would be dead (assuming your brain goes in the mecical waste bin, not into another body), and she would now have a penis.

Brain transplant is a bit of a misnomer really, you are the brain, and you are getting a new body transplanted around you.

As for incurable disease, if you die, you must die OF something, so unless you get flattened by a bus, you are dead from a disease, and as you are dead from it, it's clearly not been cured...
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
If a GG's brain were transplanted into your body, you would be dead (assuming your brain goes in the mecical waste bin, not into another body), and she would now have a penis.

Brain transplant is a bit of a misnomer really, you are the brain, and you are getting a new body transplanted around you.

As for incurable disease, if you die, you must die OF something, so unless you get flattened by a bus, you are dead from a disease, and as you are dead from it, it's clearly not been cured...
Well, since with brain transplant we are discussing something completely hypothetical, and therefore with the assumption that it is possible to do without killing someone, I am going to stand by my post.

As for "incurable" -- I think I made clear what I meant. I did not contradict the notion that we die "of something." And the fact that a disease HAS NOT been cured does not make it INCURABLE qua INCURABLE -- i.e., NEVER curable -- as I wrote in my initial post. To say otherwise is to say that those who thought polio was "incurable" were correct for all time.
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well, since with brain transplant we are discussing something completely hypothetical, and therefore with the assumption that it is possible to do without killing someone, I am going to stand by my post.

As for "incurable" -- I think I made clear what I meant. I did not contradict the notion that we die "of something." And the fact that a disease HAS NOT been cured does not make it INCURABLE qua INCURABLE -- i.e., NEVER curable -- as I wrote in my initial post. To say otherwise is to say that those who thought polio was "incurable" were correct for all time.
Sorry, double fail.

Your post is still ass backwards. You talk about putting a female brain into your body, what you should be talking about is putting your brain into a female body. Your post made no fooking sense at all.

And the fact is, either humans die from disease, or humans are immortal. The fact that pollio people could not cure polio, and now they can does not preclude the existance of a disease that is impossible to cure ever. That's like saying, "they couldn't change a man into a woman in 1900, and they can now, therefore one day they will be able to make a person into a magical dragon."
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Sorry, double fail.

Your post is still ass backwards. You talk about putting a female brain into your body, what you should be talking about is putting your brain into a female body. Your post made no fooking sense at all.

And the fact is, either humans die from disease, or humans are immortal. The fact that pollio people could not cure polio, and now they can does not preclude the existance of a disease that is impossible to cure ever. That's like saying, "they couldn't change a man into a woman in 1900, and they can now, therefore one day they will be able to make a person into a magical dragon."
It's really too bad that you choose to characterize my posts with insulting language. The fact is that I responded to the OP, who wrote about brain transplants generally (not specifically in one direction or the other), suggested there was insufficient research into the brain, and bemoaned that what research there is focuses on "trying to cure incurable diseases" rather than his transplant idea.

Of course, there is nothing that precludes the existence of an incurable disease. You would know that I agree with that statement of yours if you read my posts carefully. I am simply saying that there is also nothing that precludes that all diseases may in fact be curable but for the fact that we don't know how to do it (yet). Hence, I propose using different language -- NOT A DIFFERENT CONCEPTION OF THE OBVIOUS.

As for your last point, I think it wise not to be so dismissive of the "unbelievable" becoming reality. Where I teach and research, someone has invented a way to send actual tools by email that can be printed out on a laser printer and then constructed to do the functions of hammers and screwdrivers and saws. Someone else has created a nanotechnological system to implant a human self-generating air conditioner via a chip in the bodies of people who have to wear a lot of shit in the desert (e.g., soldiers in Iraq). Those things sound pretty unbelievable, don't you think? Whose to say definitively that magic dragons don't exist?
Old 08-09-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

I like how my thread has turned into a serious debate.... I should try to turn it back into whatever it was.

Remember in "Scooby Doo" the Movie when they all got that artifact and were transplanted into each others bodies? I got a little horny in that part.
Also, theres an Australian film called "Dating the Enemy" where a boyfriend and a girlfriend swapped bodies and had to adjust to life as each other. In the end, if I remember correctly, they go back into their own bodies and understand each other better . Theres something about this story telling device that just makes me.....well, excited.

Can anyone else name other films or TV shows where this sort of thing has happened? (Such as "Freaky Friday")
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I like how my thread has turned into a serious debate.... I should try to turn it back into whatever it was.

Remember in "Scooby Doo" the Movie when they all got that artifact and were transplanted into each others bodies? I got a little horny in that part.
Also, theres an Australian film called "Dating the Enemy" where a boyfriend and a girlfriend swapped bodies and had to adjust to life as each other. In the end, if I remember correctly, they go back into their own bodies and understand each other better . Theres something about this story telling device that just makes me.....well, excited.

Can anyone else name other films or TV shows where this sort of thing has happened? (Such as "Freaky Friday")
The 1991 film "Switch" sort of fits the bill. A chauvinist pig (played by Jimmy Smits) is murdered by his ex-girlfriends and is reincarnated as a woman (Elaine Barkin). It's a comedy.
Old 08-09-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

There should be more of these movies.... It really takes some acting skill to pull of being someone of the opposite gender..... It's kinda like the Victorian era where men played women and vice versa... Most of Shakespeare's plays did that.

Anyway, there was "The Hot Chick" with Rob Schneider. That was a pretty good film (Well as good as a Rob Schneider film can be). "Where do you hide your weed? Oh I don't have one of those"
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I recently watched a 2005 film titled "Zerophilia." Here's how the All Movie Guid describes the film:

About Zerophilia

Starring: Taylor Handley, Gina Bellman, Alison Folland

A young man who remains decidedly insecure about his masculinity attempts to uncover the mystery of his rare genetic disorder before it transforms him into a female in a sci fi flavored romantic comedy directed by Martin Curland and inspired by the studies of renowned Neuromorphologists Professor Czierny Ptolemy and Eva Szantova. Slowly immersed in a world where some change gender at will and others seem to make the transformation despite how hard they try not to, Luke (Taylor Handley) is forced to abandon all of his assumptions on sexual identity to focus on the one person he truly loves. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide
Old 08-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hedonistman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hedonistman
Default Amazing flic,,,

I saw Zerophilia bout a yr back,,thought it was too funny. Although no visual sex is shown I was surprised it made it onto regular cable tv....
Old 08-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

I saw Friday the 13th a while back and there was this episode that caught my attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZBc8SpA3A
Old 08-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WudLuv2try is on a distinguished road

Yes... body swapping... I do it in my head sometimes.

I imagine I swapped my body with an 18 yrs old girl...