Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 04-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Tommorow is the first day of the 2010 baseball season and that means
THE YANKEES WIN THE YANKEES WIN

Philliefan Jen
Old 04-04-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post

Philliefan Jen
Jennifer, I thought that you didn't like the Yankees.
Old 04-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
I don't but those are the six words you will hear at the end of the first game played this season
Philliedan Jen
Old 04-04-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't but those are the six words you will hear at the end of the first game played this season
Philliedan Jen
I think smc will have something to say about that.
Old 04-04-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
It's gonna be a frustrating start to the season. ESPN-UK don't have any baseball scheduled during the next fortnight. I may have to wait for the NHL and NBA postseasons to finish before ESPN-UK start showing baseball.
It looks like you'll be waiting until almost the end of June then. You're going to have to move over here, dauls. It's possible to get hockey, basketball, and football (soccer) right now. Baseball will be shown soon in addition to the previously mentioned sports. You wouldn't miss the Premier League by living over here either. One of the sports channels carries several Premier League games every week.
Old 04-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:

Philliefan Jen
Quote:
Quote:
Philliedan Jen
Quote:
I think smc will have something to say about that.
It's just a guess, but perhaps Jen is just razzing me for taking issue with the attitudes and behaviors of Phillies fans in general (although not Jen in particular). I hope it's not that Jen is going over to another "side of the fence" and embracing the evil empire.

Jen, you do realize that the scumbag Steinbrenners would want nothing to do with someone like you, right? They only want people who have no souls.
Old 04-04-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
........Jen, you do realize that the scumbag Steinbrenners would want nothing to do with someone like you, right? They only want people who have no souls.
And all this time I thought George only wanted poor people so that he could throw millions of dollars at them for doing absolutely nothing.
Old 04-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

What a game! The Red Sox -- a team the pundits said would have no offense this season (what with the shift to "run prevention") -- beat the Yankees 9-7, coming back from a 5-1 deficit!
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Trouble sleeping?

Quote:
What a game! The Red Sox -- a team the pundits said would have no offense this season (what with the shift to "run prevention") -- beat the Yankees 9-7, coming back from a 5-1 deficit!

SMC:

Somebody is too excited to get any sleep tonight?

Just a guess. Good game though. Congrats.

TAL
Old 04-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Cool! I was going to check the highlights of the game(it was 8-7 when I checked earlier) but I figured I would check this thread out first. Neither starter was very good, but the offense was alive and kicking!

Good start to the season.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Cool! I was going to check the highlights of the game(it was 8-7 when I checked earlier) but I figured I would check this thread out first. Neither starter was very good, but the offense was alive and kicking!

Good start to the season.
Actually, Beckett was great in the 1-2-3 top of the 1st inning, getting three outs on 7 pitches. But his curveball wasn't working at all, which was weird given how effective it was in his last spring training start.

Sabathia was tremendous until the 5th inning.

The highlight for me was Pedroia hitting a 2-run homer. Pedey rules!

Off to sleep now.

Hey Jen, if you come on and read this, is there anything you want to correct about earlier posts?
Old 04-05-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The local newspaper ran a story about the game. I don't know what the editors were thinking though. The picture that ran with the story showed two Yankees doing a fist bump. I would think that they would have run a picture of a home team player for a season opener. Perhaps the staff at the paper should be given a geography lesson on where Fenway Park is.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
The local newspaper ran a story about the game. I don't know what the editors were thinking though. The picture that ran with the story showed two Yankees doing a fist bump. I would think that they would have run a picture of a home team player for a season opener. Perhaps the staff at the paper should be given a geography lesson on where Fenway Park is.
I think you should cut the editors some slack, since there is a reasonable chance that they have sold their souls to the Steinbrenner Devil like so many other people around the country who focus only on the Yankees.
Old 04-05-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I think you should cut the editors some slack, since there is a reasonable chance that they have sold their souls to the Steinbrenner Devil like so many other people around the country who focus only on the Yankees.
Yeah, they probably caught some of that excess cash that Steinbrenner was throwing around.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Just A Guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Yeah, they probably caught some of that excess cash that Steinbrenner was throwing around.
ILA:

It might have been because it was the only game for that day.

TAL
Old 04-05-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvenada View Post
ILA:

It might have been because it was the only game for that day.

TAL
You missed what I was saying. I know it was the only game for that day. It was also the first game of the regular season. My point was that the newspaper could have at least run a picture of the home team on the first game. It also should have been a picture of the game action. Two players bumping fists doesn't seem like an appropriate picture for the story.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Brave's fan here...and it's Bobby Cox's last season at the wheel.

I've mixed emotions on that one...Bobby's been, IMHO a good manager based on [I]averages[I], but there are things he habitually tends to do that hurt the team, such as leaving a struggling pitcher on the mound for too long. We'll see what the changes bring.

That said, it's only in my heart for the old man...

Anyway, the game's one of the reasons I love spring!
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegirllvr View Post
Brave's fan here...and it's Bobby Cox's last season at the wheel.

I've mixed emotions on that one...Bobby's been, IMHO a good manager based on [I]averages[I], but there are things he habitually tends to do that hurt the team, such as leaving a struggling pitcher on the mound for too long. We'll see what the changes bring.

That said, it's only in my heart for the old man...

Anyway, the game's one of the reasons I love spring!
I think the Braves are the only team that has a chance of beating the Phillies in the NL East.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think the Braves are the only team that has a chance of beating the Phillies in the NL East.
Let's hope so. It's a distinct possibility. There's a good bit of new blood on the field.

Opening night against the Cubs, Lowe v Zambrano. What a way to start!

Tacos all around - be here at 7.
Old 04-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Let's hope so. It's a distinct possibility. There's a good bit of new blood on the field.

Opening night against the Cubs, Lowe v Zambrano. What a way to start!

Tacos all around - be here at 7.
Damn. I screwed up, big time!

First pitch was 4pm. Now in the bottom of the 7th, score's 12-5, Braves.

At least there's that...
Old 04-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Damn. I screwed up, big time!

First pitch was 4pm. Now in the bottom of the 7th, score's 12-5, Braves.

At least there's that...
And your team did not cough up the lead in the bottom of the ninth, like a certain team that I root for.

Nice debut as the closer, Frasor. You sucked mightily!

I will take two positives from this game, however. Wells was 3-4, hit a home run, and had 3 RBIs! Also, Shawn Marcum pitched very well(except for that 3 run inning due to a home run) especially considering how he missed all of last season with Tommy John surgery.
Old 04-06-2010
Dark Overlord

Click image to open a larger version of baseball2.gif. Views: 5.

Time for a pitching change.
Old 04-06-2010
Dark Overlord

smc, this one is for you.

Click image to open a larger version of baseball3.gif. Views: 4.
Old 04-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
And your team did not cough up the lead in the bottom of the ninth, like a certain team that I root for.
Not to be pessimistic, but time will tell. The trend usually starts just before the All-Star break. It's been a very bad habit of theirs.

But what an opening day for my Braves! 16-5 over the Cubs!
Old 04-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
smc, this one is for you.

Attachment 156831
And the Yankees are still in town. I can smell them when I open the window.
Old 04-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Some random musings about baseball after Opening Day (post-Opening Night):

President Obama threw out the first pitch at Nationals Stadium wearing a Nats jacket and a White Sox cap. Whatever else you might think of the president, you have to give credit to him for "representing" for his favorite team despite the venue.

There was a wonderful moment in the Cardinals - Reds game when the Cincinnati catcher tried to deke Albert Pujols by calling for a fastball and then signaling -- with his head -- that the pitcher should fake shaking it off before throwing the heat. Pujols wasn't buying, and launched the fastball into the stands for a home run.

Does what happened with Jason Heyward of the Braves portend what the Braves season might be like, in Bobby Cox's last year as manager? The rookie hit a three-run homer, not just in his first major-league at-bat, but his first swing. I've said it before in this thread: the Braves are the only team in the NL East capable of giving the Phillies a run for the division title.

The Pirates won on opening day, beating the Dodgers 11-5. The last time these two teams met each other in a season opener, the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn. Any guesses on how many more games the Pirates win this year? They've had 17 consecutive losing seasons until now, and I'm of the opinion that Major League Baseball should forcibly oust the Pirates ownership.

Roy Halladay opened for the Phillies. It's nice to see Doc pitch for a team that is likely to give him post-season opportunities.
Old 04-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Some random musings about baseball after Opening Day (post-Opening Night):

President Obama threw out the first pitch at Nationals Stadium wearing a Nats jacket and a White Sox cap. Whatever else you might think of the president, you have to give credit to him for "representing" for his favorite team despite the venue.

There was a wonderful moment in the Cardinals - Reds game when the Cincinnati catcher tried to deke Albert Pujols by calling for a fastball and then signaling -- with his head -- that the pitcher should fake shaking it off before throwing the heat. Pujols wasn't buying, and launched the fastball into the stands for a home run.

Does what happened with Jason Heyward of the Braves portend what the Braves season might be like, in Bobby Cox's last year as manager? The rookie hit a three-run homer, not just in his first major-league at-bat, but his first swing. I've said it before in this thread: the Braves are the only team in the NL East capable of giving the Phillies a run for the division title.

The Pirates won on opening day, beating the Dodgers 11-5. The last time these two teams met each other in a season opener, the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn. Any guesses on how many more games the Pirates win this year? They've had 17 consecutive losing seasons until now, and I'm of the opinion that Major League Baseball should forcibly oust the Pirates ownership.

Roy Halladay opened for the Phillies. It's nice to see Doc pitch for a team that is likely to give him post-season opportunities.
With regard to Jason Heyward and his first major league at bat and swing, a very similar thing happened with Jeff Francour and his first at bat, only it wasn't a three-runner, if my memory is correct. Still, a homerun in a player's first at bat, first swing in the majors is a rare thing.

It sure as hell set the tone for the season, but will it make a difference in the season? I sure as hell hope so. It be nice to see Bobby's retirement extended by playoffs and series matches.

And our fearless leader. My, my. I saw the video first on YouTube and it wasn't until I saw it on a highlight reel a bit later that I caught the hat trick.

Last edited by ErosArtist; 04-06-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

sammyjob is on a distinguished road

The Pirates will win more than they did last year. More importantly, the current majority owner has only been in charge for two or three years. He has put in place a management team that seems to be doing things right, and the whole organization has been remodeled, based on drafting and developing young talent, rather than overspending on a free agent here and there which didn't help much. Actually, that's the way baseball teams used to do it before the modern era in which the richest teams (Yankees, Redsox, Phillies, Dodgers, et al) merely outspend everyone else. But it is true that even when the pockets are deep you still need to do it with intelligence. For instance, the Mets, and (until the past couple years) the Phillies spent a lot of money and didn't have much to show for it.
Old 04-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjob View Post
Actually, that's the way baseball teams used to do it before the modern era in which the richest teams (Yankees, Redsox, Phillies, Dodgers, et al) merely outspend everyone else.
While it is true that the Red Sox are one of the richer teams and spend big money on free agents. the team has one of the highest-rated farm systems. Dustin Pedroia (Rookie of the Year and then MVP), Kevin Youkilis, Jon Lester, Jacoby Ellsbury ... they all come out of the farm system (and are only a few examples). Three of them are starters for the team, and Lester would be the #1 ace on most teams.
Old 04-06-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default One down, 161 to go...

Quote:

OK, an 11-1 thumping of the Nationals isn't anything to write home about, but a win is a win. And it sounds like the Nationals' pitchers were about as effective as Obama was from the mound.

Great first Phillies start for Halladay. Great return to the Phillies for Polanco. And Ryan Howard opens his home run account early and survives six at-bats without striking out!
Old 04-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Dang. The Yankees won 6-4.

Smc, what sort of year do you think Ortiz is going to have? Is he going to have a half-decent year(I honestly don't think that he'll have any monster years like before due to his increase in injuries and the shadow of PED's that he has fallen into) or will he have a horrible season like last year?

The Red Sox really need him to increase his production, especially since Bay left.
Old 04-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Smc, what sort of year do you think Ortiz is going to have? Is he going to have a half-decent year(I honestly don't think that he'll have any monster years like before due to his increase in injuries and the shadow of PED's that he has fallen into) or will he have a horrible season like last year?

The Red Sox really need him to increase his production, especially since Bay left.
Well, on the basis of two games, I would say he's going to have a slow start. He doesn't seem to have much back speed, he's hitting right into the shift, and he steadfastly refuses (or, I should say, Terry Francona, the Red Sox manager, refuses) to bunt down the third base line to teach other teams not to shift so radically on him.

That said, two games are far too few upon which to make such judgments, don't you agree?
Old 04-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well, on the basis of two games, I would say he's going to have a slow start. He doesn't seem to have much back speed, he's hitting right into the shift, and he steadfastly refuses (or, I should say, Terry Francona, the Red Sox manager, refuses) to bunt down the third base line to teach other teams not to shift so radically on him.

That said, two games are far too few upon which to make such judgments, don't you agree?
Yep. two games are far too few; the Braves had their spectacular opening day, then a day off, and get down to business tonight. (I'm going to check the first pitch time right now to be sure I didn't screw up again - alright, 7:10 tonight, Jurjens v Dempster.) In mid-season, they tend not to do too well from that type of schedule.

A decent indicator, IMHO, of what sort of season a player is going to have is how well said player does the second time he see's a club, particular in early season. So many clubs are still in a 'clean-up' sort of mode now, perhaps the same can be said of the team as a whole...just my HO, of course.
Old 04-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Yep. two games are far too few; the Braves had their spectacular opening day, then a day off, and get down to business tonight.
Nice to see a rational Braves fan. One of my colleagues at work, who is from Atlanta, told me this morning that Jason Heyward was going to hit 55 home runs. I laughed out loud, and he got angry. Then a student who we both have in classes walked by and asked what all the commotion was about. I told him, and had to explain a little bit about baseball to him (he's from Singapore). He then turned to my colleague and said, "Professor, what do you say in class that I shouldn't take seriously?" I laughed so hard I nearly passed out.
Old 04-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Nice to see a rational Braves fan. One of my colleagues at work, who is from Atlanta, told me this morning that Jason Heyward was going to hit 55 home runs. I laughed out loud, and he got angry. Then a student who we both have in classes walked by and asked what all the commotion was about. I told him, and had to explain a little bit about baseball to him (he's from Singapore). He then turned to my colleague and said, "Professor, what do you say in class that I shouldn't take seriously?" I laughed so hard I nearly passed out.
Thanks. I suppose I could say I've been called worse!

Us southern folk tend to be optimistic, but speaking strictly for myself, falter at predictions of grandeur. Certainly, based upon his opening day performance, Jason Heyward was spectacular, but is it a surety of things to come? Hardly.

no matter the team, opening day is like the wedding and reception; the first two or three series the new team faces, the honeymoon. Then it's time to go to work.
Old 04-08-2010
Dark Overlord

The Evil Empire won again!

At least the Blue Jays played well today and are now 1-1 to start the season. Wells hit two more homeruns today(3 in 2 games now!). Hopefully he can keep up this sort of production for the rest of the season. I am not expecting monster numbers, but I would like an improvement over the past couple of seasons.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The Evil Empire won again!
Yes, young Skywalker, the force was strong with the Empire in the late innings.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Yes, young Skywalker, the force was strong with the Empire in the late innings.
As it was with the Braves...At least Bobby got Jurjens off the mound in time, though his issues weren't necessarily his own, but a lack of run support.

In the end, a homer by Chipper in the 8th took it. Wells v Hanson tonight.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

A short while ago, I received an email from a former student of mine who became a baseball lover while studying here in the United States. He's from Algeria, and lives back there now.

After he graduated, he was in DC for a while and became a Baltimore Orioles fan. The email expressed some mock concern over the fact that the Orioles have started the season 0-2. It reminded me of a certain season, many years ago, when the Orioles began the season 0-21, which is still the major league record for the most consecutive losses to start a season.

That spring, I was visiting at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. As the losing streak continued past 10 games, there was a certain DJ on one of the local radio stations who would tell the best Orioles joke listeners had called in during the previous 24 hours. I can remember only two of them, and I thought I'd share the best of those.

What do Michael Jackson and the Orioles have in common?

They both wear a glove on one hand, seemingly for no reason.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I'm now sad for the rest of the night as the NATS beats my PHILS today
Philliefan Jen
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'm now sad for the rest of the night as the NATS beats my PHILS today
Philliefan Jen
Oh, Jen, don't be sad. Even the best teams have to lose to the Little Leaguers once in a while. It won't happen often for the Phillies.
Old 04-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Another game, another homerun for Wells! Sweet! That gives him 4 already, and he only had a total of 15 last season. It looks like his wrist is fully healed.

Toronto came back to take the game 3-1 in the top of the ninth against the Texas closer(karma for the comeback win by Texas in the opener). Toronto is 2-1, and if not for the lousy game by Frasor in the first game, Toronto would have been 3-0. Not too bad considering that people predicted us to lose a 100 games!

Ricky Romero pitched a gem today. He only gave up one run off a wild pitch. So far I have been impressed with our starters. Marcum, Tallet, and Romero have had 3 straight quality starts.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Toronto came back to take the game 3-1 in the top of the ninth against the Texas closer(karma for the comeback win by Texas in the opener).
Holy crap, shadows, do you actually believe that "karma" in baseball works that quickly? No, it plays out over decades, like the 86 years between the Red Sox winning World Series championships.
Old 04-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Holy crap, shadows, do you actually believe that "karma" in baseball works that quickly? No, it plays out over decades, like the 86 years between the Red Sox winning World Series championships.
That wasn't karma. That was a curse.
Old 04-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That wasn't karma. That was a curse.
Karma, as used in Hinduism (from whence it comes), is about causality. Benefits are derived from past beneficial actions. Harmful actions in the past lead to harm in the future.

Harry Frazee sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees to finance "No, No Nanette." His harmful action led to future harm -- 86 years worth. The "curse" is just part of the name for this particular example of karma.

(Note: I don't actually believe any of that crap. And speaking of crap, have you ever seen "No, No Nanette"?)
Old 04-09-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Karma, as used in Hinduism (from whence it comes), is about causality. Benefits are derived from past beneficial actions. Harmful actions in the past lead to harm in the future.

Harry Frazee sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees to finance "No, No Nanette." His harmful action led to future harm -- 86 years worth. The "curse" is just part of the name for this particular example of karma.

(Note: I don't actually believe any of that crap. And speaking of crap, have you ever seen "No, No Nanette"?)
I don't believe I've ever heard of "No, No Nanette" before. I take it he was a player the Red Sox thought would be a good player and he ended up being a bust?
Old 04-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I don't believe I've ever heard of "No, No Nanette" before. I take it he was a player the Red Sox thought would be a good player and he ended up being a bust?
I'm laughing so hard I can barely type. Did you just punk me really, really well? Or do you not really know that "No, No Nanette" is a musical comedy that opened in 1925 in London and from which the famous song "Tea for Two" comes?

Harry Frazee wanted so much to be a Broadway producer instead of a baseball team owner, and wanted to help finance its opening in New York!
Old 04-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A curse? in 67 you just had the misfortune to run in to the Cardinals who were a better team then in 75 you ran in to THE BIG RED MACHINE agian a better team the in 86 you ok that team may have been cursed right thru Buckners legs
Philliefan Jen
Old 04-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A curse? in 67 you just had the misfortune to run in to the Cardinals who were a better team then in 75 you ran in to THE BIG RED MACHINE agian a better team the in 86 you ok that team may have been cursed right thru Buckners legs
Philliefan Jen
Gee, Jen, I wrote something nice to help alleviate some of your sadness about the Phillies losing today to the Nationals, and you reward me with this miserable trip down memory lane?! What's next? Are you going to come up here and scratch my eyes out?
Old 04-09-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I'm laughing so hard I can barely type. Did you just punk me really, really well? Or do you not really know that "No, No Nanette" is a musical comedy that opened in 1925 in London and from which the famous song "Tea for Two" comes?

Harry Frazee wanted so much to be a Broadway producer instead of a baseball team owner, and wanted to help finance its opening in New York!
Nope. No punking this time. I have honestly never heard of it before until this thread. I did make up the part about being a baseball player, but the rest was legit.

At least I now know what it is.