Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 03-19-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I can't forget, classical music laid the roots for EVERY form of modern music that we enjoy today. So with that in mind, I enjoy classical.
Not sure I'd entirely agree with that. I doubt there's much classical influence on blues and jazz (or not, in the case of jazz, until after WW2) and it's probably difficult to say how much classical and european folk music influenced each other as they more or less come from the same source. Not that I've got anything against classical - I just don't listen to it very much.
Old 03-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_J View Post
Not sure I'd entirely agree with that. I doubt there's much classical influence on blues and jazz (or not, in the case of jazz, until after WW2) and it's probably difficult to say how much classical and european folk music influenced each other as they more or less come from the same source. Not that I've got anything against classical - I just don't listen to it very much.
Natalie, if we had some time together and I could get past drooling over how sexy you look (how's that for a nice cross-thread reference to your pics elsewhere?), I could play things for you that would show you precisely where classical music influenced jazz. For instance, the late Beethoven piano sonatas introduce new rhythmic structures that later show up in ragtime. W.C. Handy's blues from St. Louis have the structures of the minuets from Haydn's middle-period symphonies. Duke Ellington wrote big suites of jazz that follow classical forms in many respects.

American blues come primarily from Mali, in Africa, with little classical influence.

As for the European folk music and classical music, one need only listen to the Hungarian composer Bela Bartok to hear how they are intertwined. Or listen to Mahler's symphonies; he used l?ndler (folk dances) from Bohemia and Germany throughout his symphonies. These are but a few of dozens and dozens of examples.

What do you say? Is it a date?
Old 03-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
In the spring, summer and fall I do a lot of bicycling. The Erie canal is less than a mile from where I live and the canal path is great for riding a bike, it goes from Albany to near Buffalo.
How far have you ridden, Alice? It's really a lovely bike ride; a couple of summers ago, I rode part of the path near Albany, between Cohoes and ... I don't remember the other end. And another time, I rode up near Rochester.
Old 03-19-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Hey, shadows and rockabilly, is this what you mean by an "action" figure?
Maybe for you.
Old 03-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough

lol does it have "kung-fu" grip ?
Old 03-19-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Music...Let's think...A lot of old-school, classic rock such as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Monkees, etc.

Then, I also like a LOT of alternative-90's stuff. Some favorite groups include The Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, Vast, etc.

And if you can't tell from the groups I previously listed, I like some of the traditional goth-rock and goth-traditional types of music-- stuff like Type O Negative, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Dead Can Dance, etc.
Wow! There is only one possible reaction to that list of music!

Name:  bowing.gif
Views: 84
Size:  265 Bytes Name:  bowing.gif
Size:  265 Bytes Name:  bowing.gif
Size:  265 Bytes

Seriously, that is a kick-ass list for sure!

I also think that your hobbies are really nice. I have a little flower garden in my back yard. Last year a plant started shooting up that I hadn't even planted! My mom had visited and was thinking about taking it out, but I suggested keeping it around for a little while longer as it looked like it was going to flower. It turned out to be a good idea! The mystery plant was a butterfly bush and it is a very lovely plant. It grew to about 6'! A lovely looking flower on it that smelled nice as well. And when the butterflies start coming around(hence the name) it raises it's beauty even more!

With the nice Spring we've had so far, the bush is already starting to have leaves growning on it(you leave the stalks alone, and just cut the seed pods(formerly the flowers) off. If you don't, it won't flower again. It turns out the neighbours forgot to prune their butterfly bush down last year and that was the reason it started to grow in my garden. If they had pruned it like the previous years I would not have had the pleasure of having it grow in my garden.

If you ever get your book(s) published, maybe I could get an autographed copy?
Old 03-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
If you ever get your book(s) published, maybe I could get an autographed copy?
Certainly my friend!
Old 03-20-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
What do you say? Is it a date?
Sounds divine! If I'm ever in the US or you're in the UK we'll have to give it a go (even if I count myself as more of a rock chick really)

Actually, not mentioning Ellington was a big oversight on my part - I was thinking more of the Jazz players who came after WW2 who had some classical training (like Miles) or had played in Army bands.

As for folk music, I was going to mention Bartok, but as you already said, I decided there were too many examples to go into specifics. A great number of Russian composers borrowed heavily from folk music as well, I believe. In the development of modern music, the European folk music that crossed the Atlantic with the early settlers of the US sowed the seeds of a lot of it, especially once it got mixed up with the blues...
Old 03-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_J View Post
Sounds divine! If I'm ever in the US or you're in the UK we'll have to give it a go (even if I count myself as more of a rock chick really)

Actually, not mentioning Ellington was a big oversight on my part - I was thinking more of the Jazz players who came after WW2 who had some classical training (like Miles) or had played in Army bands.

As for folk music, I was going to mention Bartok, but as you already said, I decided there were too many examples to go into specifics. A great number of Russian composers borrowed heavily from folk music as well, I believe. In the development of modern music, the European folk music that crossed the Atlantic with the early settlers of the US sowed the seeds of a lot of it, especially once it got mixed up with the blues...
I truly think we could have a wonderful time exploring all this stuff. It's really too bad that these kinds of connections across the globe via the Internet rarely turn into anything more. But I've made enough new friends on the forum in the UK that I may just have to make a special trip, and bring CDs for our "date", Natalie.
Old 03-20-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Certainly my friend!
Thank you. I look forward to it someday in the future.
Old 04-07-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Ct Finest is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
Hobies...

I plan my survival in the even of a zombie apocalypse when I'm not doing anything else...

Gawd could I be a bigger nerd?
after seeing 28 days/weeks later, i always think to myself, now what should i do if the infected smashed through a window right next to me haha
Old 04-07-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Ct Finest is infamous around these parts

I'm a musician, working out, football, ny jets are my hobbies!
Old 04-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

My vocation is often my avocation, that being an artist (photographer/writer); truth is, I love anything that allows me to be creative. I love art.

On the pure hobby side of things, I'm a sailor, (yes, I own a sailboat); I'm a lover of nature, and an adventurer and spiritual explorer. I love to walk. I

I also love pistachios. Can that be counted as a hobby?
Old 10-17-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

moonvisage is on a distinguished road

I like buying camping equipment,and using it when i can.From buying tents,i have now progressed to buying a hennessy hammock.
Old 10-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

runround04 is on a distinguished road

Motorcycles, cars typical stuff. Im if im not out riding im probly in the garage tinkerin with something. Still need to find a sexy gurl to go for a ride with me tho
Old 10-17-2010
Dark Overlord

I've got a new hobby, started this past Summer. I enjoy going to the beach and looking for beach glass. I have three large milk bottles full of pieces of various colours, and another smaller jar full of "special" pieces, ones that are rare colours or unique shapes.

I went to the beach yesterday, and found many pieces of glass, including some large pieces that had not been totally smoothed out yet. Also, I found about 50-60 pieces of various ceramic or porcelain. I have been out to the beach at least 10 times so far, and this was the first time I've seen so many pieces of porcelain. They must have been in a container underneath the water for some time, and it must have somehow spilled out! I likened my haul to something that came from a "treasure chest".
Old 10-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've got a new hobby, started this past Summer. I enjoy going to the beach and looking for beach glass. I have three large milk bottles full of pieces of various colours, and another smaller jar full of "special" pieces, ones that are rare colours or unique shapes.

I went to the beach yesterday, and found many pieces of glass, including some large pieces that had not been totally smoothed out yet. Also, I found about 50-60 pieces of various ceramic or porcelain. I have been out to the beach at least 10 times so far, and this was the first time I've seen so many pieces of porcelain. They must have been in a container underneath the water for some time, and it must have somehow spilled out! I likened my haul to something that came from a "treasure chest".
The only glass i ever find on the Jersey shore is a broken beer bottle from the nite before

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-17-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
The only glass i ever find on the Jersey shore is a broken beer bottle from the nite before

Jerseygirl Jen
Some pieces are from broken beer bottles, but they have been in the water long enough to smooth them out.

A few trips ago, I found a stopper made of red glass. It had to have been in the water for over 50 years! It looked like a small glass bell.
Old 10-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Some pieces are from broken beer bottles, but they have been in the water long enough to smooth them out.

A few trips ago, I found a stopper made of red glass. It had to have been in the water for over 50 years! It looked like a small glass bell.
Ever go down to FL or the FL KEYS? i have a yim pal who lives in FL and she tells me after a hurricain is a great time to hit the beach for washed up treasure draged up from the ocean

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-18-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ever go down to FL or the FL KEYS? i have a yim pal who lives in FL and she tells me after a hurricain is a great time to hit the beach for washed up treasure draged up from the ocean

Jerseygirl Jen
Alas, I have never been to either locales. It sounds like it would be quite a lot of fun!
Old 10-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Been awhile since i was down there but the last time i was at the KEYS i did find a pretty big shark's tooth on the beach
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-18-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Been awhile since i was down there but the last time i was at the KEYS i did find a pretty big shark's tooth on the beach
Jerseygirl Jen
Now that would be a neat find!
Old 10-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
That brings back some memories from bein a kid. My unlce lived on the west coast of florida, he used to find sharks teeth by the bag. He would go out after storms, I remember my grandma would always have some for us when we visited her. Memories...
Old 10-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

What beach?
Old 10-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
What beach?
Just a local one, off of Lake Erie.
Old 10-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Just a local one, off of Lake Erie.
That's what I thought. My friend, your new hobby will take some seriously steps forward when you get to try it at the OCEAN!
Old 10-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hobbies

My hobby is looking for fossils. Years ago I found fossil sharks teeth in the Santa Ana Mountains. One of them is four inches long. Supposedly, one inch of tooth equals ten feet of shark. Gulp!
Old 10-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
My hobby is looking for fossils. Years ago I found fossil sharks teeth in the Santa Ana Mountains. One of them is four inches long. Supposedly, one inch of tooth equals ten feet of shark. Gulp!
Hope you still have it, sounds like a Megalodon tooth, if so, they can be worth some good money.
Old 10-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
That's what I thought. My friend, your new hobby will take some seriously steps forward when you get to try it at the OCEAN!
Unfortunately, there are no oceans close by. If I ever get some extra money, I will endeavor to take an ocean-side trip.
Old 10-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by runround04 View Post
Hope you still have it, sounds like a Megalodon tooth, if so, they can be worth some good money.
Yes, a Megalodon, I will post a pic.
Old 10-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Yes, a Megalodon, I will post a pic.
$20 says that'll be the first Megalodon tooth posted here
Old 10-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Sharks tooth

This dude could have "Jaws" for lunch.
Attached Thumbnails
800px-Megalodon_shark_jaws_museum_of_natural_history_068.jpg   megalodon 002.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
This dude could have "Jaws" for lunch.
Thats just plain cool, what a find!!
Old 10-22-2010
Dark Overlord

Digging through the stones that I had gotten from the beach on Wednesday, I discovered something really neat! I had found a stone that had some really neat colouring on it, and that was the reason(at the time) that I placed it in my bucket. However, there was a clump of dirt around it that hid the true value of it.

Emptying out the bucket tonight, I discovered the stone was in fact a Native American arrowhead, somewhere between 500 and 5000 years old! It can truly be amazing what you can find when you least expect it. I'll try and get a picture taken of it soon and post it here.
Old 10-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Digging through the stones that I had gotten from the beach on Wednesday, I discovered something really neat! I had found a stone that had some really neat colouring on it, and that was the reason(at the time) that I placed it in my bucket. However, there was a clump of dirt around it that hid the true value of it.

Emptying out the bucket tonight, I discovered the stone was in fact a Native American arrowhead, somewhere between 500 and 5000 years old! It can truly be amazing what you can find when you least expect it. I'll try and get a picture taken of it soon and post it here.
Looking forward to a photo of your find. I also have a beach find to post soon.
Old 10-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Looking forward to a photo of your find. I also have a beach find to post soon.
Thanks. I'll try to get it posted sometime during the week.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the treasure you found on the beach.
Old 10-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default sand dollar

Years ago I was beach combing South of Point Reyes near San Francisco. I was picking up sand dollars when I noticed one that looked different. I picked it up and realized it was a fossil! Here was a fossil sand dollar lying next to regular sand dollars on the beach, amazing! Apparently it had eroded out of the cliffs. It is in the Genus Scutella and is about two million years old. The modern sand dollar, actually a flat sea urchen, is related to this fossil. They are both unique in that they stand on edge to feed on plankton. Most sand dollars remain horizontal while feeding.
Attached Thumbnails
Fossil 001.JPG  
Old 10-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Years ago I was beach combing South of Point Reyes near San Francisco. I was picking up sand dollars when I noticed one that looked different. I picked it up and realized it was a fossil! Here was a fossil sand dollar lying next to regular sand dollars on the beach, amazing! Apparently it had eroded out of the cliffs. It is in the Genus Scutella and is about two million years old. The modern sand dollar, actually a flat sea urchen, is related to this fossil. They are both unique in that they stand on edge to feed on plankton. Most sand dollars remain horizontal while feeding.
That's pretty cool, Randolph! It would definitely be something worth keeping! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

This past week i found an old Bobby Orr hockey card from the 70s and i rember collecting Baseball and Hockey cards as a kid so i'm really thinking of starting collecting hockey cards
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
This past week i found an old Bobby Orr hockey card from the 70s and i rember collecting Baseball and Hockey cards as a kid so i'm really thinking of starting collecting hockey cards
Jerseygirl Jen
That would be a fun hobby to start, Jennifer.

I have a bunch of baseball cards from when my Uncle worked at O-Pee-Chee. If I ever find them I'll see if I have any cool ones.
Old 10-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That would be a fun hobby to start, Jennifer.

I have a bunch of baseball cards from when my Uncle worked at O-Pee-Chee. If I ever find them I'll see if I have any cool ones.
If i'm not mistaken O-PEE -CHEE is the Topps company in Canada
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
If i'm not mistaken O-PEE -CHEE is the Topps company in Canada
Jerseygirl Jen
You could very well be right. It may have just been the name my Uncle used. It has been a long time since I've last looked at them.
Old 10-26-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

nisa is on a distinguished road

No.Never had a hobby in my entire life.
Old 10-28-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

StrangeLookinRabbit is on a distinguished road

I don't really have a hobby, I just help other people with their hobbies, then I get bored and steal someone elses hobby.
Old 10-28-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

WTFagain is on a distinguished road

Riding my Motorcycle
Old 11-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFagain View Post
Riding my Motorcycle
whatcha got?
Old 11-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

KittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to behold

Airsoft, ghost hunting, paranormal investigation, law enforcement, criminal justice, firearms and weapons, writing, martial arts, theme parks and travel to name a few...

First two is full airsoft gear. Third image is my ghost hunting stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Tactical Kaiti.JPG   P9130308.JPG   l_e96d92bd962444cd83a2c72f1874abca.jpg  

Old 11-21-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKaiti View Post
Airsoft, ghost hunting, paranormal investigation, law enforcement, criminal justice, firearms and weapons, writing, martial arts, theme parks and travel to name a few...

First two is full airsoft gear. Third image is my ghost hunting stuff.
Those sound like interesting hobbies. Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to try out Airsoft here in Canada due to it's regulations towards firearms.
Old 11-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Location: Federal District of Missouri, United Socialist States of America
tslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKaiti View Post
Airsoft, ghost hunting, paranormal investigation, ... firearms and weapons,...
That's cool, I'm into guns and ghosts too.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

DEO VINDICE
Old 11-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Location: Federal District of Missouri, United Socialist States of America
tslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to beholdtslust is a splendid one to behold

Since I don't get paid for it, can I include cock sucking as a hobby.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

DEO VINDICE