Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 11-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Here are some scores from the November 3rd games:

3. Boston beat Buffalo 5-2. And the Bruins keep on rolling. According to some of the comments that I've read, the Bruins didn't play as well as they could have. Tim Thomas finally gave up a goal, his first in almost 3 full games!
Your report should have included that the Bruins were up 4-0 early in the second period!

Anyone remember Tuukka Rask?
Old 11-04-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Judging by the score, you would not be blamed for thinking they were playing against Boston.
Good one, shadows, and unfortunately true.
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Your report should have included that the Bruins were up 4-0 early in the second period!

Anyone remember Tuukka Rask?
The Bruins are truly lucky to have two goaltenders of the calibre that they do. They pretty much have two #1 goalies!

And, unfortunately, I remember Tuukka Rask. The Leafs gave him up for crap! CRAPPPPP! Andrew RayCRAP, that is.
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Good one, shadows, and unfortunately true.
And they are also, quite unfortunately, in the same Division as our two teams, Ila.
Old 11-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Time to do my happy dance as the Flyers beat the Rangers 4 to 1 and the Flyers are on a five game winning streak
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-06-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Devils 0-3 Rangers

The Devils:
Win streak ends at 1 again.
Lost each period 1-0 again.
Are 0-5-1 @Prudential Center.
Old 11-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Damn it!!!!

17 seconds. That's all that the freaking Leafs needed to win the freaking game! 17 SECONDS!!!!! Of course they give up the lead, and OF COURSE they lose in the shootout. To freaking Buffalo(who are a crappy team this season so far)!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Well, here are some more relevent scores from last night's games.

1. Philadelphia beat the Islanders 2-1. Right now I think the only team that wouldn't beat the Islanders are the Leafs and that is due to their putrid offense.

2. St. Louis beat Boston 2-1 in the shootout. This is Boston's second loss in a row. Tuuka Rask finally gets another start and the offense decides to pull a disappearing act on the poor fellow!

3. Ottawa beat Montreal 3-2. Darn it! Why couldn't Ottawa have lost? I really hate Ottawa!

4. San Jose beat Tampa Bay 5-2. Good. Any time an Eastern team loses it helps my team out.

5. I think we have a Dallas fan here. Unfortunately for that person, their team lost 5-0 to Colorado.
Old 11-07-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....3. Ottawa beat Montreal 3-2. Darn it! Why couldn't Ottawa have lost? I really hate Ottawa!.....
I'm glad that you feel my pain, shadows.
Old 11-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Damn it!!!!

17 seconds. That's all that the freaking Leafs needed to win the freaking game! 17 SECONDS!!!!! Of course they give up the lead, and OF COURSE they lose in the shootout. To freaking Buffalo(who are a crappy team this season so far)!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I'm glad that you feel my pain, shadows.
Thank you Ila.

At least that game is a mere blip compared to the doldrums that the Leafs are going through right now.
Old 11-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I feel your pain
Flyersfan Jen
Thank you Jennifer.

Unfortunately, here is some bad news. The Flyers lost 3-2 to Washington in overtime today. The refs called a penalty in overtime to allow Washington to score the game winner. Earlier in the game they called a 4-minute double minor to Pronger for a high-stick(which sounds like it was called for), so Philly was playing short-handed for quite a while during the last parts of the game.

Hopefully it will cheer you up that Edmonton beat Chicago 2-1. Chicago is not even a shadow of the team that it was last season. If they continue to play like this they won't be repeating champs, that is for sure!
Old 11-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Thank you Jennifer.

Unfortunately, here is some bad news. The Flyers lost 3-2 to Washington in overtime today. The refs called a penalty in overtime to allow Washington to score the game winner. Earlier in the game they called a 4-minute double minor to Pronger for a high-stick(which sounds like it was called for), so Philly was playing short-handed for quite a while during the last parts of the game.

Hopefully it will cheer you up that Edmonton beat Chicago 2-1. Chicago is not even a shadow of the team that it was last season. If they continue to play like this they won't be repeating champs, that is for sure!
Ref's of all the B not to mention The damn overtime crap rules
on the brighter side i believe Hall scored another goal and my second fav team beat the Blawkhawks
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ref's of all the B not to mention The damn overtime crap rules
on the brighter side i believe Hall scored another goal and my second fav team beat the Blawkhawks
Flyersfan Jen
I just checked NHL.com and it looks like Hall did not get any points in the game, so he is still at 3 goals and 3 assists. If it's any consolation he still has 1 more point than Tyler Seguin(who has 3 goals, 2 assists).
Old 11-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just checked NHL.com and it looks like Hall did not get any points in the game, so he is still at 3 goals and 3 assists. If it's any consolation he still has 1 more point than Tyler Seguin(who has 3 goals, 2 assists).
Why should that be "any consolation"?
Old 11-08-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Thank you Jennifer.

Damn, I really hate Washington.
Old 11-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Today is a great day in hockey history as the first to women were inshrined in the hockey hall of fame
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Why should that be "any consolation"?
She is a fan for the team that Taylor Hall plays on, and since Seguin plays on another team that she doesn't really follow he wouldn't be as important for her to follow.
Old 11-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Damn, I really hate Washington.
At least we will see them choke in the playoffs like they always do, and Ovechkin will be denied yet again!

Even though they are an Eastern rival, I think Boston has a good chance this year(barring any key injuries). Actually Boston, Montreal, and Philadelphia all look to have improved from last season.

Toronto has more points than they did at the same point last season, but I can't really say they are an improved team. I really hope Ron Wilson gets turfed soon. I just don't think that he is a good fit for the Leafs.
Old 11-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
She is a fan for the team that Taylor Hall plays on, and since Seguin plays on another team that she doesn't really follow he wouldn't be as important for her to follow.
Duh. The question was why Hall's stats as measured against Seguin's in particular should be the issue. But there's no need to answer that ...
Old 11-09-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Duh. The question was why Hall's stats as measured against Seguin's in particular should be the issue. But there's no need to answer that ...
Meeee-ow! *scratch* *scratch*
Old 11-09-2010
Dark Overlord

I am pretty much finished with the ing Leafs. They get shut out YET AGAIN by the Lightning, losing 4-0. They are pathetic. They could probably make it so Toskala gets shut-out after shut-out. YOU LEAFS!!!!!!

Ron Wilson better be getting his ass fired soon. I could give a Fiddler's fk that Burke says his job is safe. Wilson SUCKS!!!!
Old 11-10-2010
Dark Overlord

Holy crap! Man, are the Leafs awesome or what? They scored a goal this time, and boy oh boy, what a goal! They are the best in the entire NHL...for sucking ass! you Leafs! We chould make a Club TLB team(co-ed team) and we'd beat those pathetic pieces of !

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!: censored:

Can I get a hug?
Old 11-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Holy crap! Man, are the Leafs awesome or what? They scored a goal this time, and boy oh boy, what a goal! They are the best in the entire NHL...for sucking ass! you Leafs! We chould make a Club TLB team(co-ed team) and we'd beat those pathetic pieces of !

Can I get a hug?
here you go gave you a double one
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-11-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down #1,500: Devils 4-5 Sabres (SO)

Quote:

Can I get a hug?
And you think the Leafs suck, what about the Devils?

Another loss for the Devils - still winless at home (0-5-2).

We conceded two goals in 13 seconds. We gave up 1-0, 3-2 and 4-3 leads against the Sabres.

The Devils finally made it to 10pts - the last team to do so.

We are also last in goals scored - only 29 in 16 games.

And... have you seen the clip of Kovalchuk losing the puck as he blew his chance in the shootout gainst the Sabres? It's what they call a 'schoolboy error'. Not what you expect from the '$100M man'. I can't take another 15 years of this.
Old 11-11-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
here you go gave you a double one
Flyersfan Jen
Thanks Jennifer. You always bring a smile to my face.
Old 11-11-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
And you think the Leafs suck, what about the Devils?

Another loss for the Devils - still winless at home (0-5-2).

We conceded two goals in 13 seconds. We gave up 1-0, 3-2 and 4-3 leads against the Sabres.

The Devils finally made it to 10pts - the last team to do so.

We are also last in goals scored - only 29 in 16 games.

And... have you seen the clip of Kovalchuk losing the puck as he blew his chance in the shootout gainst the Sabres? It's what they call a 'schoolboy error'. Not what you expect from the '$100M man'. I can't take another 15 years of this.
The worst part of all this? Neither of our teams has their first round picks this year. The Leaf's go to the Bruins again and New Jersey's goes to Atlanta. Neither of them can afford to finish at the bottom of the standings, but it looks like it's a good chance of it happening to one, if not both, of the teams. Ugh.
Old 11-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Since shadows hasn't posted last night's results I'll post at least two. Montreal beat Boston 3 - 1.

Philadelphia over Carolina (I think) 8 - 1. It's happy dance time for you again, jen.
Old 11-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Since shadows hasn't posted last night's results I'll post at least two. Montreal beat Boston 3 - 1.

Philadelphia over Carolina (I think) 8 - 1. It's happy dance time for you again, jen.
Did you see the Habs / Bruins game? It's hard to say that Montreal "beat" Boston. It would be more accurate to say that two teams arrived under the guise of playing a hockey game, and that as both teams proved they weren't really there, one team ended up being a little bit more "there" than the other team.

If I had gone to the Garden for that one, I would've been demanding my money back -- even if the roles had been reversed!
Old 11-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Did you see the Habs / Bruins game? It's hard to say that Montreal "beat" Boston. It would be more accurate to say that two teams arrived under the guise of playing a hockey game, and that as both teams proved they weren't really there, one team ended up being a little bit more "there" than the other team.

If I had gone to the Garden for that one, I would've been demanding my money back -- even if the roles had been reversed!
I didn't watch the full game as I was watching another show at the same time, but I did occasionally check to see how the game was going. The game was going quite well when I did watch it, although it seemed neither team could shoot the puck towards the net.
Old 11-12-2010

Thumbs down It's getting worse...

Midway through the game and the Devils are losing 3-1 to the Oilers.

This has to be a new season low.
Old 11-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:

I'd feel your pain, dauls, except that I like Edmonton more than New Jersey.
Old 11-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Oh come on where's your love for the Oilers? True they are not the power house from the 80s but they still wear my second fav sweater design
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

looks like the Devils pulled it out in ot to beat the Oilers 4-3
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-12-2010

Thumbs up Devils 4-3 Oilers (OT)

Quote:
Oh come on where's your love for the Oilers? True they are not the power house from the 80s but they still wear my second fav sweater design
Flyersfan Jen
All sympathy for the Oilers goes out the window when they play against my team.

Quote:
I'd feel your pain, dauls, except that I like Edmonton more than New Jersey.
A little pain relief, as the worst in the East fight back to narrowly beat the worst in the West.

A first home win of the season for the Devils (1-5-2).

And Wednesday night's boo-boy Ilya Kovalchuk scored the OT winner and left the ice to cheers from the home crowd.
Old 11-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I'll let my friend Stewie sum up my feelings about tonight Flyers game
So here's Stewie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsiJgMX1c4
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
All [SIZE="3"][FONT="Courier New"]......And Wednesday night's boo-boy Ilya Kovalchuk scored the OT winner and left the ice to cheers from the home crowd.
I still say there shouldn't be overtime during regular season games. There was no overtime in the original NHL and it was only brought in to attract hockey fans in nontraditional markets.
Old 11-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

shadows seems to be missing so I'll give a recap of the scores for last night (for the games that I care about )

Montreal thrashed Carolina 7 - 2.

Ottawa beat Boston 2 - 0. What's happening with the Bruins lately, smc. Have they forgotten that there is a full season to be played?

Bad news for shadows as his Leafs went down to defeat against Vancouver 5 - 3. It's time to jump aboard the Canadiens bandwagon, shadows, or maybe the Hamilton Bulldogs.

As Jen has already posted, Philadelphia won last night. They beat Florida 5 - 2.
Old 11-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Ottawa beat Boston 2 - 0. What's happening with the Bruins lately, smc. Have they forgotten that there is a full season to be played?
Damned if I can explain how any major league-level hockey team can lose to Ottawa.
Old 11-14-2010
Dark Overlord

I remember "Lucky Luke" from when he played for the Leafs. No parent should ever have to go through this. Rest in peace, Daron.

Article is from tsn.ca:

TEENAGE DAUGHTER OF SENATORS' ASSISTANT RICHARDSON DIES

OTTAWA -- The teenage daughter of Ottawa Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson has died.

Daron Richardson, 14, was rushed to hospital Friday, the team said in a statement Saturday.

"There was an accident at their home (Friday) and Daron tried to take her life by hanging," the statement read. "Her mother found her in the basement, and Daron was rushed to the hospital by ambulance where she remained in critical condition in ICU until she succumbed to her injuries."

Luke Richardson played 21 seasons in the NHL with Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Columbus, Tampa Bay and Ottawa.

He retired in 2008, finishing with 35 goals and 166 assists in 1,417 games.

He was not with the team when it shut out the Bruins 2-0 in Boston on Saturday night. Asked about Richardson, coach Cory Clouston choked back tears and walked away.

"It's a difficult time," forward Chris Kelly said after the game in Boston. "It puts things into perspective. We just play a game, and things like that ... I don't know."

Goalie Brian Elliott said the team found out before the morning skate that Daron Richardson had been taken to the hospital.

"It's just a bad situation," he said. "Our thoughts are prayers are with him. You never want that to happen to anybody. We just ... our thoughts are behind the family."
Old 11-14-2010
Dark Overlord

And it looks like the bad news continues for Markov of the Montreal Canadiens. Again, from tsn.ca.

REPORT: MARKOV TO MISS UP TO 3 MONTHS WITH KNEE INJURY

The Montreal Canadiens might have to get used to playing without defenceman Andrei Markov for quite some time.

Citing unconfirmed reports, the Montreal Gazette speculates that Markov could be out of the Canadiens lineup for up to three months after suffering an injury to his surgically repaired knee during Saturday's blowout victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.

The 31-year old Russian blueliner suffered the injury when he collided knee-on-knee with Hurricanes' captain Eric Staal late in the third period. Markov punched the boards in frustration and had to be helped off the ice by teammates. He was unable to put any weight on his leg as he headed to the dressing room.

He was scheduled to undergo an MRI on Sunday to determine the extent of the injury.

It would be a devastating loss for the Canadiens who have been playing their best hockey of the season since Markov returned to the lineup on October 30th. In seven games so far this season Markov has a goal and two assists.

---------------------------------

Man, that guy has had some seriously bad luck with his knees in the past few seasons.
Old 11-16-2010

Thumbs down Devils 0-3 Bruins

Once again the Devils were consistent and lost each period 1-0.
Old 11-17-2010
Dark Overlord

Where have all the hockey fans gone?

Anyhoo, here are the scores from tonight's games.

1. Toronto beat Nashville 5-4. Holy crap! They finally won a game!!!! Yay!!!! And they came back from 3 goals down to do it. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win!

2. Montreal beat Philadelphia 3-0. Ila will be happy, while Jennifer will not. Here is a for Jennifer to help cheer her up.
Old 11-17-2010
Dark Overlord

No offence dauls, but I am hoping that the Leafs win their next game. They play New Jersey, and they need the 2 points!
Old 11-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

What the hell? Every time the Leafs win my Flyers lose? and to the F Lighting a team that does not belong in the NHL to start with
Now i'm in a real shitty mood F Lighting
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Milan Lucic had a hat trick against the Panthers last night, as the Bruins won 4-0.
Attached Thumbnails
hat_trick-p148494173796347033qz14_400.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010

Thumbs down Devils 1-3 Leafs

Quote:
No offence dauls, but I am hoping that the Leafs win their next game. They play New Jersey, and they need the 2 points!
shadows, you got your wish and the two points.

That leaves us in a battle with the Islanders for last spot in the East.
Old 11-20-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
What the hell? Every time the Leafs win my Flyers lose? and to the F Lighting a team that does not belong in the NHL to start with
Now i'm in a real shitty mood F Lighting
Flyersfan Jen
That game was amazing from an offensive standpoint, and Steve Stamkos(a good Canadian kid!) got himself 3 goals and 2 assists(leads the NHL now with 19 goals and 15 assists for 34 points...all in only 19 games!) led the way! However, from a defensive/goaltending standpoint it was a horrible game!

I honestly thought that Philly was going to win after that first period barrage, but they could not hold the lead! I am glad that Stamkos got the points, but not happy that Tampa won.

Here's a hug for you Jen. Hopefully that will help cheer you up a little.
Old 11-20-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
shadows, you got your wish and the two points.

That leaves us in a battle with the Islanders for last spot in the East.
At least you can take solace in the fact that your team will not remain there for the entire season, unlike the Islanders! Small solace, I know, but some nonetheless.

And sorry for the rotten wish, but it had to be done.
Old 11-20-2010
Dark Overlord

I remember Patty from his days as the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs. They really should have voted him into the Hall of Fame this year(or allowed him in through special circumstances as he is a shoe-in to be inducted next year) while he was still alive. I liked him. He was a good coach and a good person. Rest In Peace, Pat.

Here is an article on his passing, from cancer, on tsn.ca.

FORMER NHL COACH PAT BURNS DIES OF CANCER AT THE AGE OF 58

Pat Burns, who enjoyed instant success wherever he coached and who capped his tumultuous career by guiding the New Jersey Devils to Stanley Cup glory in 2003, has died of cancer. He was 58.

Burns died Friday in Sherbrooke, Que.

The former NHL coach battled cancer of the colon and the liver in 2004 and 2005 and hoped he had beaten the disease, but in January 2009 doctors found it had spread to his lungs.

The third time, he initially opted to forgo any further treatment, but then decided to go with chemotherapy to try to extend his life as long as possible.

"Just as they will remember Pat for his success as a coach, hockey fans also will remember his humour, his honesty, his humanity and his courage," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said in a statement. "As it mourns the loss of an outstanding contributor to the game, the National Hockey League sends heartfelt condolences to Pat's family and friends."

Burns remained as a consultant to the Devils for some time after being diagnosed with the third cancer. And, even though his voice had weakened, he did some morning hockey commentaries on CKAC, a French-language Montreal radio station.

Burns was the only coach to win the Adams Trophy as the NHL's top bench boss with three different teams -- Montreal in 1989, Toronto in 1993 and Boston in 1998.

His last official public appearance was in early October, when he attended the groundbreaking ceremony for an arena to be named in his honour in Stanstead, Que.

The wise-cracking Burns couldn't resist a jab at the media, some of whom had reported a few weeks earlier that he had died.

"I'm not dead yet," he told journalists in a hushed tone, his frail body and sunken cheeks showing the physical toll the lengthy battle had taken.

"I'm still alive."

After Burns admitted at his previous public outing last March he likely wouldn't live another year, an online petition gathered thousands of names urging that he be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello said categorically Burns would be inducted "in the very near future," but when 2010 inductees were announced his name was not among them.

"Pat was a close friend to us all, while dedicating his life to his family and to the game of hockey," Lamoriello said in a statement. "Today, the hockey world has lost a great friend and ambassador."

It was while coaching the Devils that Burns discovered something was wrong in the weeks leading up to the 2004 NHL playoffs. He announced the day after the Devils were eliminated that he'd been diagnosed with colon cancer.

"For those who know me well, I've never backed down from any fight, and I'm not going to back down from this one," he said after finding out he was sick.

He received hundreds of cards and emails from well-wishers, but it was a tough year: Burns' wife, Line, also underwent surgery in 2004, and their Florida home was damaged by a hurricane.

He let Lamoriello know the team should replace him, and Larry Robinson was named head coach.

Then, hopeful he'd kicked the dreaded disease, the second body blow was delivered -- liver cancer. That forced him to have surgery and retreat to his lakeside home in New Hampshire to recuperate and undergo yet more chemotherapy in Boston.

He was speaking enthusiastically of returning to work when cancer struck a third time. It was then he admitted the end was near.

A big, robust man in his heyday, Burns was already thin and frail as he travelled last March from his home near Tampa, Fla., to southeastern Quebec for the announcement that the Pat Burns Arena would be built at Stanstead College and open in 2011.

"I probably won't see the project to the end, but let's hope I'm looking down on it and see a young Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux" skating on the rink, he said at a ceremony attended by Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

"I know my life is nearing its end and I accept that.

"As for my career, I always said to my kids, 'you don't cry because it's over, you're happy because it happened.' That's the main thing. I'm happy it happened."

He was a sharp dresser and, away from the rink, he got around. He once sat in with a band and played guitar, he wheeled around on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and he moored a speedboat at a lake north of Toronto.

Burns was the youngest of six children born into a working-class family in the St-Henri district near the old Montreal Forum. His father died when he was a boy and he moved with his mother and stepfather to Gatineau, Que.

Inspired by his cousin Robin Burns, a former NHL player who would act as his agent during his coaching career, he played hockey but wasn't good enough to make it to the NHL.

So, he became a police officer and began coaching in minor hockey. He worked his way up in both endeavours. He became a detective in Gatineau and head coach of the local major junior team, which was then called the Hull Olympiques.

----End of Part 1----