Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 10-22-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

crossingoceans is on a distinguished road
Default iPod touch or blackberry 8900?

So, my MOTOROKR Z6 died a week ago, and I need a new phone. I was thinking about getting a BlackBerry Javelin 8900, because it's cheap, and it has great specs, including Wi-Fi, so, with this phone, I could browse the internet without even touching my PC, and I'd be able to hang around here more often. To this, let's add the possibility of getting a 16GB micro SD card, which could allow me to store a lot of multimedia.
But, the other option is an iPod touch (I'd get a cheap mobile phone if I go this way). Most of you should know it: great PDA, media device and browsing capabilities. And well... it's an iPod touch!! The name says it all xD
The thing is that I need stuff like a photo/video camera, which the iPod doesn't have.
Basically, I'm looking for a device I can use for stuff like multimedia, browsing the internet via Wi-Fi, chatting, watch videos, etc. But still, I'd prefer the blackberry, basically because it's cheap (a total steal for its price: $260USD).
So, in your opinion, which one would you take? BlackBerry 8900 or iPod touch?
Old 10-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

paulmal32 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icekiller View Post
So, my MOTOROKR Z6 died a week ago, and I need a new phone. I was thinking about getting a BlackBerry Javelin 8900, because it's cheap, and it has great specs, including Wi-Fi, so, with this phone, I could browse the internet without even touching my PC, and I'd be able to hang around here more often. To this, let's add the possibility of getting a 16GB micro SD card, which could allow me to store a lot of multimedia.
But, the other option is an iPod touch (I'd get a cheap mobile phone if I go this way). Most of you should know it: great PDA, media device and browsing capabilities. And well... it's an iPod touch!! The name says it all xD
The thing is that I need stuff like a photo/video camera, which the iPod doesn't have.
Basically, I'm looking for a device I can use for stuff like multimedia, browsing the internet via Wi-Fi, chatting, watch videos, etc. But still, I'd prefer the blackberry, basically because it's cheap (a total steal for its price: $260USD).
So, in your opinion, which one would you take? BlackBerry 8900 or iPod touch?
Go with the Iphone 3gS. I have never been so amazed at one thing in my life. Nothing can touch the Iphone. Doubtful? Have you ever met someone who is not completely satisified with their Iphone?
Old 10-24-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

I'd get it if... it didn't cost 1.5k here.

Unfortunately phone plans aren't as cheap as in the US here...
Old 10-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

The one bad thing about Apple products is that you always have to do 3 things all the time, those 3 things are: PAY, PAY & PAY!

You want a new ring tone, you pay, you want to D/L MP3's you pay, NOTHING is FREE, EVER, they're as bad as micro$oft,

JohnDowe.
Old 11-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndowe View Post
Hi there.

The one bad thing about Apple products is that you always have to do 3 things all the time, those 3 things are: PAY, PAY & PAY!

You want a new ring tone, you pay, you want to D/L MP3's you pay, NOTHING is FREE, EVER, they're as bad as micro$oft,

JohnDowe.
It's funny you should say that. Just last night I had to order a new cell phone, since I managed to lose mine. To be honest, I wasn't really heartbroken. The phone was several years old and out of date at this point, and I was looking to upgrade anyway. Hmm...now that I think of it, maybe the powers that be stepped in and caused me to lose my phone!

To be honest, I was going to get an iPhone 3Gs...till the AT&T rep that I was speaking with on the phone (they handle my cell service) happened to mention that to get the iPhone I HAD to commit to an all-new 2 year data plan (to access the web and all that) at an additional cost of $30 a month. So, when you tack that on to basic cell phone service, he noted that in order to have an iPhone, I HAD to commit to 2 straight years of AT LEAST $70 a month (since that was the lowest iPhone calling plan price).

So, to have an iPhone, I would have to lock into spending nearly 1,700 bucks over that 2 year time period.

On the flip side, he noted I could get an LG VU instead, which was also a touch screen phone...it takes pictures, accesses the web, you can play movies on it -- heck, you can even watch TV on it...and the data plan was only a month-to-month cost. I could dump it when I wanted...or restart it when I wanted. No commitment.

And as another comparison, to get an iPhone with unlimited web service the cost of the plan was $129 a month. Meanwhile, the cost for unlimited web time on the LG VU was only 20 bucks on top of my basic service -- so it comes out to a bit over 50 bucks.

I said to the AT&T phone rep, "Wait a minute. To get unlimited web service it's $129 versus $50? I don't get it. If I get EITHER phone, it would be through you. And you'd be providing the web service to EITHER phone. So why is the iPhone twice the price?"

And the rep basically joked and said to me, "Welcome to Apple. If it's possible to charge for it, they will!"

So, I ordered the VU to try it out. I have 30 days to decide if I like it or not, at which point I can swap it out for another phone -- yes, even the iPhone, if I decide it's really THAT much better in the end and worth twice the price.
Old 11-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion after having worked in network maintenance for a cellular telephone company is to get a Nokia phone. In my experience they work far better, last longer, are more reliable, and have better range than any other phone. Second choice would be a Blackberry. btw I don't work for a cell company anymore nor do I work for any telephone manufacturer so I don't have anything to gain or lose when making my recommendations.
Old 11-07-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

in that case, which phone would you reccomend me then? let's also remember that my budget is of $350USD at much, and still, the iPod touch seems like a good option...
Old 11-18-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

SweetCheaks is on a distinguished road

I have the Nokia 5800 Xpress music and i love it. it has touchscreen u can browse the web, take good looking pics and u get 8gb micro sd-card if u buy it. A friend of mine just got the n97 which is even better and it has a touchscreen AND a keyboard^^
but lg is also a good choice...have so much lg-stuff like tv, dvd player had the lg chocolate...and everything worked pretty good. my mum still uses my 4 years old lg chocolate