Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts
Default ASM Programing?

Hi there.

This thread is intended for Sesame and me JohnDowe to comm about ASMembly language, but anybody can put in their $0.02 (that's 2 cents).

Sasame did you get my last post in "I remember when"?

I did get yours in "computer probem".

Right now i'm looking at the program...

JohnDowe.
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Cool Johndowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndowe View Post

Sasame did you get my last post in "I remember when"?

I did get yours in "computer probem".

Right now i'm looking at the program...

JohnDowe.
Yes, I read your post in I rem.... It was quite information rich. And I like to read big posts if they are loaded with knowledge.:D Little posts like "OK, thank you" really pisses me off.

In the meantime, I visited several web tutorials on ASM. Hopefully I will learn it soon.
Old 08-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

Hey Sesame, what's with the new avatar?

You joinned the mafia?

JohnDowe.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

Took a while but, i processed the info...

Sesame if you want to learn ASM, just to understand your computer better, then read the manual included with the assember i found (link et the end), but, if you want to become an assembly language programmer, then you will need a few things and a lot of patience and determination, the reason i stopped programing in asm was because my first XP was home and it didn't support dos programs then i ans many others complainned and the home version was dropped, but i only found out much later, also my asm only worked on FAT16, not FAT32 or XP Pro's NTFS, at the time i was a bit bumed out and went on to other pastures, to be poetic.

Learning asm to become an assembly language programmer, requires dedication, because you need to learn your cpu's processor's instructions, their addressing modes and the processor's structure and registers which is not too much to learn, many instructions you will use constantly, some you will use ocasionnally, and some you will rarely use, and there are some you will never use (unless you are programing an operating system).

Once you have learned that, you will have to learn about your computer system's Basic Input Output System, the BIOS, the CMOS Ram, the RTC (real time clock) the bios system calls, and the various BIOS, DOS, and Win memory usage loctions which WILL help you alot in your programing endeavors, you will also need to learn about I/O devices like the Serial Port, the Paralel Port and a few others, most of the newer I/O devices are usually well supported by windows, so you will need a reference manual or three or more, you will also need an assembler, a text editor, notepad is not that great but wordpad is better and will serve you well here, if you have office you could use word but the spellcheck IS a pain it the arse since we are not writing a letter but a program and you have to make sure you save your files as text files, and with a .ASM extension, you will also heve to learn about ASCII characters, binary, octal and Hexadecimal numbers, which will be very usefull in dealing with bits, bytes, data and addresses, you will also have to learn about bolean algebra, which is binary logic.

So you will need:

An assembler.
An X86+ processor reference. (registers, instructions, segments, flags etc.).
A text editor. (that one you already have, Yay).
A bolean logic guide of some kind.
A hardware reference, for all the IRQ's (hardware interupt requests) the int vectors, the reset, the I/O Chipsets etc.
A bios reference with all the memory locations & INT calls.
A DOS programing reference for all the DOS memory locations and interrupt calls.

These can be either a book (usually several books), as files from the internet, your choice but a book can be carried with you pretty much everywhere, but files can be searche more easily, you can also create your own files with the info you find in the previously mentionned sources, also computer electronic device manufacturers often suply free info about thier products that canbe very usefull, and you should as you progress, make a library of often used debuged and documented routines.

A simple memory clear loop:

CLRRAM: MOV AX,0
MOV CX,1024
MOV DI,AX
CLEARING: MOV [RAM+DI],AX
INC DI
INC DI
DEC CX
JNZ CLEARING
CLC
RETN

The first line you see a label, which is used to reference program entry points, loop points and data, the names can be anything you want, but id MUST begin with a letter and end with a ":" and you may not use names that are also ASM DIRECTIVES like BYTE, WORD etc, it is better to use label names that are reltive to the segment of code is used for, instead of an arbitrary name like banana, because a few months later you see " CALL BANANA", then you think what does BANANA do and where is it? but " CALL CLRRAM" is self explanatory. The ASM code "MOV AX,0" which puts 0 in the register called AX, that was the long and slower way, you could use "SUB AX,AX" substracting ax from itself will always = 0 it is faster and saves the 2 bytes from the program, but the fastest is "XOR AX,AX" why is it the fastest? Because unlik the first and like the second it doesn't have a second word of memory to fetch, but it is a logical operation instead of a mathematical one like the second one whitch has to set the carry and other flags, while the logical one only sets the zero and negative flag which makes it quicker, but one shoust not go crazy with the compactness or speed of execution, the fact that your progam is programmed in asm will ensure that it is way smaller and way faster than anything programmed with an "evolved" language, i just wanted to demonstrate that in asm there are more than one way to accomplish the same thing, but if you wanted to fill the memory block with "0101 0101 0101 0101" binary you would have to use " MOV AX,5555H", "0101 0101 0101 0101" is binary, HEXADECIMAL is grouping 4 bits togather which comes out to 5555 Hex, the AX register is the Accumulator and is used primarily for math, but not exclusively.

The second line sets the Register CX to 1024, and the loop will repeat 1024 times, the CX register is primarily used as a counter but again not exclusively.

The third line sets the regidter DI to the same value as AX, which in this case it is 0.

The fourth line is a bit different, why is there some square braclets? And RAM+DI? The square brackets mean that you are not using a register as a destination but a memeory location the label RAM is defined elsewhere and points to memory that this program uses for data, the DI is an index register and the effective address is: the value of RAM + the value of DI, the first time DI = 0, and stores the value of AX in it, and AX = 0.

The fifth and sixth lines increment DI, do that the next time it will be equal 2, why 2? because we are moving words (16 bit at a time) and the address is referenced in bytes (8 bits at a time).

The seventh line decrements CX.

The eight line uses the result of the previous instruction and Jumps if the result was NotZero JNZ, since the first time result was 1023 the jump is taken and the loop re-iterates...

The ninth line is "CLC" which clears the carry, i as many asm programers use the carry to check if there was an error, if the carry is clear there is no error, this sub routine is very simple and there are no possible errors, this instruction could be removed.

The last line RETurns to the sending instruction the N specifies that it is a Near CALL that used the routine as oposed to a Far CALL.

ASM With good doc: http://www.bestdiskrecovery.com/ngasm/index.html Follow it to D/L NGASM the tutorial is very good, all 275K's of it.

JohnDowe.

PS JohnDowe is MY CPU's name.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

So Sesame, you like loooong posts?

The previous one to your liking?

JohnDowe.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Johndowe

What goes into the making of an Operating System?
What are the parts and how do they work?
How do the mobile phones run? I guess they run with an OS?
Where can ASM be applied in the modern world?

I hope you have worked in UNIX? What basic difference do you find between windows and Linux os?

By the way, there is an emulator(Like an os inside an os) called Wine, its a freeware. It runs as a virtual machine inside Linux, allowing you to run Windows applications. *wink wink* This way one can legally run windows applications and not pay Windows a single dime!!

Last edited by sesame; 08-27-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

Operating system?

Ok, the thing that seperates operating system design with all other software design is that in designing an os you start with next to nothing software wise, as opposed with application programing which has an os to work with, so you have to create a program that will allow other software to function and use the system resources, so in essence you do the "dirty" work so that application designers don't have to reinvent the wheel when dealing with the i/o the os takes care of that.

Parts of the os...

There is the BIOS, what allows the cpu to start up self test suppoer the os and load the said os.

then there is the os itself, with i/o management and support.

then there are the drivers that allow different interfaces from different manufacturers to be used in a common standard way.

then there is support software like "Format", "notepad" that allow the user to do some preparations and customisations of the operating system, and then there are applications, and we all know what they do.

Mobile Phones.

They have a microcontroler, a somewhat symplified microprocessor and it is programmed, os or not is more of a semantics question than anything else, all the software is in one chunk, and it is both "os" and application so it is integrated into the controler's non volatile memory, also Blackberry type phones have a few more features and can run other software but the whole phone software could be defined as the os, and the other saftware you D/L, the applications.

Where does ASM stand now.

ASM is a programming language, and it has good sides and bad sides, one of the bad sides is that you need to invest a lot of resources to get some dividends out of it, people are lazy and usually take the fast easy path, often missing out on the nice scenery, the relaxation or challenge and the pleasure of a slower less hectic path, on the good side the resulting code is VERY compact and VERY, VERY fast, and is not bound to the limitations of other languages, viruses behave as they will because they aren't bound to the rules that other programs are FORCED to follow, most were programmed in ASM, ASM is mostly for professionnal programers not casual weekend programers that only program tiny programs of dubious usefullness, but a programer that has pride in his craft and knows his computer inside out and doesn't compromise the quality of his work just to make an arbitrary often unrealistic deadline, which are rare these days looking at all the bugs in all the software these days.

Never used unix or linux, why? one word; compatibility.

Unix and his big brother xenix are now unfortunately almost obsolete by non use, linux is an open system which can be changed by anyone, and as such will always be a "work in progress" and i was told, programmed in asm at least in the begining, but will not run win apps and has comparatively, but a few apps that are designed to work under, and they are usually more expensive, because of the extra developpement time, limited market and lack of competition, the day linux runs win apps, win will perish soon after.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-27-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.......Never used unix or linux, why? one word; compatibility.

Unix and his big brother xenix are now unfortunately almost obsolete by non use........
I like unix and I've used it with some very specialized software programs. It behaved so much better than Windows and even DOS. In fact I don't ever recall having my system crash when using unix. I'm afraid you're right though, John. Unix is on the way out.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

It's nice to see that even here people figure out that i'm ALWAYS right.

But seriously...

Although i never used Unix or Xenix i know they were very good os'es, they were of the dos command line types and were doomed to extinction when GUI os came to be.

The reason win is so prevalent everywhere isn't because it's so great, it's mostly because when win95 came out microsoft spent so much money promoting and over selling it that every layman tought there was nothing better or even anything else, and now we're stuck with mediocrity.

Sad isn't it?

JohnDowe.

Last edited by johndowe; 08-27-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Johndowe,
Why do you say that unix is going down? Linux is unix based and its going up! Most of the serious servers in the world use Linux.

I will answer the rest soon enough.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/tech/scanner.html

I was very much inspired by this Wandel guy. He is a geek from your place, yes, Canada. He completed many self assigned interesting projects. He converted his obsolete flatbed scanner into a digital camera! Cool!:D

He somehow re-programmed the scanner to take pictures. I am intrigued by this reprogramming part. I think he wrote a new driver software for the scanner. Check out his site. I have read other guys having done this camera thing. One geek submitted a whole thesis on that subject in this PHD!
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

I said UNIX was dying not linux, it's like saying dad can't be dying i'm still alive.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

Read the article, the guy didn't do any programing, or even electronics he only tweeked the mecanics and the optics, but the result is quite impressive.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Quote:
Hi there.

Read the article, the guy didn't do any programing, or even electronics he only tweeked the mecanics and the optics, but the result is quite impressive.

JohnDowe.
Sorry about that. I read those Wandel articles 2 or 3 years ago. So I might have mixed several articles in my mind.

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=20
This one is about writing drivers.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

I forgive you this time, but don't do that again.

Ok, but seriously...

Thanks for the driver article i will read it later hopefully it will ansewer a few questions i have.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

What are the TCP ports that we use during telnet?
Especially TCP port 23?
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

I have no idea, telnet is dead in north America.

Sorry.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Quote:
Hi there.

I have no idea, telnet is dead in north America.

Sorry.

JohnDowe.
Even so, the Ports are still there. Without them, the Internet would be impossible.

Have you read the book by the 14 year old boy Ankit Fadia, called:
Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking? It discusses the effectiveness of viruses created by ASM.

Anyway, do you use the command line with RUN? Its near the base of the start panel. I use it as often as I can It saves so much time, as it cuts across all the complications of the GUI.
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

Of course, as i said you don't have to follow the rules of all the other evolved languages, so yes i know how ASM viruses are the most "deadly".

Never heard of that book before.

The run command? Not realy, i use ACDSee and it serves me well, if i need to pass parameters i use the dos prompt.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

The internet ports, i tought you were looking for info on telnet.

The ports are used as different routes for info to travel like the roads on the land, if there was only one there would be major conjestion going anywhere wouldn't there, hey?

JohnDowe.
Old 08-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

I cleaned my desktop yesterday.
I took the tips from this site.
Here

Furthermore, I tweaked the Desktop>properties>appearence>advanced and turned everything to less flashy colours. Now my desktop is so clean and cool that I feel a surge of satisfaction whenever I see it. Now most applications have changed looks. My wordpad, notepad have black background and green font. Everything is more geeky and less distracting.
Old 08-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

In this forrum it's about letting the girl out, you let the geek out...

Well, congratulations anyway!

JohnDowe.
Old 08-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Geekiness

I am a geek, when you consider me as a man of science and a philosopher. And yet I am in communion with my "Feminine side", since I am also an artist.

I'm Not joking. When I look back at my life and ponder... it took many years to clear the fog of confusion around "who I really am".
Old 09-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

I seem to have breen misslead, i was sure there were male artists, i stand corrected.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default artists

Quote:
Hi there.

I seem to have breen misslead, i was sure there were male artists, i stand corrected.

JohnDowe.
Surely you know that all the impressionists were trannys?
Old 09-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

HI there.

Randolph, i only have a vague recolection of those times.

And don't call me Shirley.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Art and science

Art being related to deep emotions and feelings is considered as a sensitive field, and hence it has a feminine side to it. Yet there are innumerable male artists.

On the contrary, sports being related more to physical fitness and muscles is a more masculine field. Although, there are numerous feminine athletes around.

I hope you get my drift. In the same way, I consider science, as somewhat partly masculine, since it is too much intellectual and very little emotional. Surely you know, that there are many female scientists.

I would like to point out here that every man is more male and less female, yet he has a recessive femininity inside him. Similarly, a woman has a hidden masculine side to her.
Old 09-04-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Cocks with beauty has a spectacular aura aboutCocks with beauty has a spectacular aura about

Apart from the drift into views and feelings on the feminine side of Tranny-lovers, this seems to be a peculiarly exclusive Thread. Are the participants sure they're not simply showing off their Tech knowledge when they might otherwise more comfortably and exclusively share this through Emails ?

Wisdom is innate to the human condition, and is hard to import.
Old 09-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Cocks with Beauty,

This is the General Discussion area, for exchanging ideas on any subject except Trannies. So I dont see why we can't hold a discussion on technical matters. Anybody and everybody is welcome to post relevant comments.
Old 09-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hi there.

Hey Sesame, i was joking.

As the joker so elequintly put it:

So, why so serious?

the Joker.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks with beauty View Post
Apart from the drift into views and feelings on the feminine side of Tranny-lovers, this seems to be a peculiarly exclusive Thread. Are the participants sure they're not simply showing off their Tech knowledge when they might otherwise more comfortably and exclusively share this through Emails ?
So what's your point anyway?

If you read my first post, i DID specify that it was mostly for me and Sesame, but anyone could chime in if they wanted, so what's your problem?

And if we were showing off, SO WHAT?

JohnDowe.
Old 10-29-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Cocks with beauty has a spectacular aura aboutCocks with beauty has a spectacular aura about
Default Exclusive Discussion

An Exclusive Discussion really ( see how many contributors you have apart from you and Sesame ) but you claim it qualifies as a General Discussion Thread by adding a rider invitation. From what I recall, you started a Technical Thread somewhere else where you invited others to share your knowledge and offer solutions to their problems, which was an excellent idea, so surely the contenet of this thread would be better spliced into that thread ?

As for reactions to my last post on this thread : Tut, tut ! So-o-o0 aggressive ! CALM DOWN. You're much more fun that way.
Old 10-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks with beauty View Post
An Exclusive Discussion really ( see how many contributors you have apart from you and Sesame ) but you claim it qualifies as a General Discussion Thread by adding a rider invitation. From what I recall, you started a Technical Thread somewhere else where you invited others to share your knowledge and offer solutions to their problems, which was an excellent idea, so surely the contenet of this thread would be better spliced into that thread ?

As for reactions to my last post on this thread : Tut, tut ! So-o-o0 aggressive ! CALM DOWN. You're much more fun that way.
Hi there.

Agressive? Maby slightly, and unintentionaly, i was just trying to point to my first post to re-itterate that it STILL was an open post, and if you had something to say you could, but i was and am always calm, don't worry about that.

JohnDowe.