Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 05-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default Your favorite "Gender Bending" movie.

From "Glen or Glenda" in 1953 to "Connie and Carla" in 2004, transgenderism, crossdressing, female impersonation has been featured on the "big screen". I checked my "Videohound" movie guide and found over 100 films in the "Gender Bender" category. Most seem to be comedies. What is your favorite movie in this category?

For me, "The Crying Game" is the best. Jaye Davidson was incredible in the role (nominated for an Oscar, I believe). The story was great. The message it sent was even better (Love conquers all).
Old 05-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

In truth i haven't seen a lot of them, The first one i saw was on TV when i was very young it was Goodbye Charlie and i kept thinking lucky bastard and then i rember seeing Switch which i think was a remake on HBO and the other one was on the SCI-FI channel a few years back DR JEKLE and MRS HYDE i believe that was the title, So i haven't seen many Jennifer
Old 05-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

9yneGuy can only hope to improve

Seed Of Chucky. Chucky's son/daughter has a gender crisis. Mix that with murder and Jennifer Tilly and you have an awsome film.

But that's only because I don't think I've ever seen anything else in the genre.
Old 05-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Vanillas will become famous soon enough
Default Gender Benders

I actually didn't know that Gender Benders was its own movie genre. Curiouser and curiouser. I'm more familiar with Gay and Lesbian titles but I would imagine that some of these could, at a stretch, be considered gender benders. I did see and thoroughly enjoyed The Crying Game. I also loved Transformation, which is the subject of another thread on this forum. I have not seen Boys Don't Cry but I can't imagine a movie starring Hillary Swank being anything but but good.
Old 05-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default Your favorite "Gender Bending" movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanillas View Post
I actually didn't know that Gender Benders was its own movie genre. Curiouser and curiouser. I'm more familiar with Gay and Lesbian titles but I would imagine that some of these could, at a stretch, be considered gender benders. I did see and thoroughly enjoyed The Crying Game. I also loved Transformation, which is the subject of another thread on this forum. I have not seen Boys Don't Cry but I can't imagine a movie starring Hillary Swank being anything but but good.

There is a great movie guide that is put out every year called "Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever". It is published by "Thomson Gale". One of the sections in the guide consists of a category index which they call "Flicks That Flock Together". Under "Gender Benders" you will find movies like "Tootsie", "Some Like It Hot", "Pink Flamingos", "Adventures of Priscilla", etc, etc, etc.
Old 05-02-2009
That very tgirl Mandy

Mandy will become famous soon enough

I really liked xxy, and Ma vie en rose is a classic.
Old 05-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

aa2239 is on a distinguished road

I'll second a couple of titles that have already been mentioned... "The Crying Game", and "Ma vie en rose"
Old 05-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all

I think for comedy "Some Like It Hot " with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe. "Tootsie", and "Kinky Boots" are good too.
For drama, "The Crying Game".
Old 05-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

racquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really nice

I'd probably say Priscilla, even though it's more about drag queens.

And how prominent does the TS theme have to be? Does Ace Ventura count? :D What about Austin Powers? Or Silence of the Lambs? Ya know, in Nighthawks, Stallone is in a skirt in the first scene and in a nightie in the last scene. Shallow Hal had an awfully manly tranny.

Princesa, Beautiful Boxer, Wild Side and Normal are all good movies, but not things many people would want to see more than once.

And why doesn't anybody ever mention Dog Day Afternoon? Or Dressed to Kill? Or Orlando?

The Iron Ladies is supposed to be really funny.
Old 05-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

And how prominent does the TS theme have to be? Does Ace Ventura count? What about Austin Powers? Or Silence of the Lambs? Ya know, in Nighthawks, Stallone is in a skirt in the first scene and in a nightie in the last scene. Shallow Hal had an awfully manly tranny.

Legitimate question, Raquel. The only film that you mention in your list that "qualifies" is "Silence of the Lambs". The rest are not listed in "The VideoHound Movie Retriever" special category area Gender Bending". I would assume that any transsexualism, transvestism, crossdressing, impersonation, etc, etc has to be a prominent, important or major aspect of the storyline. A short 3 or 4 minute scene in a 90 minute or 2 hour movie is stretching it.

I have to check out "Ma Vie En Rose". Picked by a few people here. I checked it out on IMDB website and wow....a multi award winner around the globe. It's on my must-see list now.
Old 05-20-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

lilbro is on a distinguished road

I remember one movie I saw when I was younger but I can't remember the name. All I can remember is this scene where the main characters is standing in front of mirror naked and says "I'm still the same person, just a different sex".
Old 05-21-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all
Default How about...

Yes, "Dressed to Kill" WAS a good movie! (I had completely forgotten about it)
I remember seeing it a long time ago and thinking it was a great movie.
Hmmm, maybe that explains a few things...

Also "Ed Wood" is a GREAT movie! One of my favorites.
Old 05-21-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

I'd have to go with "Some Like It Hot." It is the only gender-bending film that also happens to be among the greatest movies ever made, irrespective of theme or genre, and it may be the finest comedy (or at least one of the two or three finest) of all time.
Old 05-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Gender-Bending Movie

Perhaps it would have been better to have a thread such as "Gender-Bending Moments OnThe Big Screen".

Rememeber Marlon Brando in "The Missouri Breaks". A oddball western with Marlon as a hired gunslinger. There is a classic scene of him dressed as a "grannie"...guns and all!

And, Anthony Perkins in "Psycho" is great fun (and scary)
Old 05-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

megawatty101 is on a distinguished road

Some people liked Wilem Defoe in "Boondock Saints."
har har
Old 05-28-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

JWKB85 is on a distinguished road

I would have to say the spanish film, Bad Education, staring Gael García Bernal who makes one beautiful woman. Or Hedwig and the Angry Inch, punk rock musical that puts Rocky Horror to shame.
Old 05-28-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

I'm not so big on "gender bending" moves but I have liked some of the,

Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Victor/Victoria
spring to mind. My issue is, often Hollywood just gets stuff so very wrong.

One movie I absolutely LOVE and recommend HIGHLY is Paris is Burning. It's a documentary, so not really "gender bending" exactly.

I also liked The Crying Game for everything EXCEPT the Trans* story line. It was played for shock, the reaction of the guy once he discovered the "dirty secret" was to hit her and vomit, her ex BF was in a dream sequence laughing at the main character after the discovery. The parts about racism in Ireland, the IRA/UK conflict, English classism were all well done.
Old 05-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough
I pick Sleepaway Camp for its gender bending twist ending, that in its day was shocking but now is kinda sad. After watching it a second time all of Angelas shy quirks make more sence now. Her anger at being different and her loneliness make her a tragic character. Sledpaway Camp, it might not meet the criteria of some as a gender bender flick but how many slasher flicks have a transexual serial killer? Sorry if i ruined the movie for those who haven't seen it. Avoid the sequels!
Old 05-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

megawatty101 is on a distinguished road
Default Too Wong Fu, thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.

Is that like a Gay Icon movie? I know some of the obvious ones aren't, and some of the not so obvious one are.
Old 05-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
I'm not so big on "gender bending" moves but I have liked some of the,

Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Victor/Victoria
spring to mind. My issue is, often Hollywood just gets stuff so very wrong.

One movie I absolutely LOVE and recommend HIGHLY is Paris is Burning. It's a documentary, so not really "gender bending" exactly.

I also liked The Crying Game for everything EXCEPT the Trans* story line. It was played for shock, the reaction of the guy once he discovered the "dirty secret" was to hit her and vomit, her ex BF was in a dream sequence laughing at the main character after the discovery. The parts about racism in Ireland, the IRA/UK conflict, English classism were all well done.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion,of course. But Bionca, I have to disagree with you about The Crying Game. I have seen this movie many, many times and feel the "trans story line" is as important as anything else in the movie. I do not think it was played for "shock value" at all. Yes, "Fergus" hit "Dil" in one scene. But what you have this straight guy from Northern Ireland who has never seen a T-G, let alone sleep with with one end up in Dil's apartment. Not only is Dil a TG, but she is also black. The whole situation could have been avoided if two things had happened...firstly Dil should have forwarned Fergus about her gender and secondly, the bartender at the bar was about to tell Fergus about Dil, but got interrupted by Dil's singing performance. If Fergus only knew that the bar where Dil hung out was a gay bar! Dil just assumed that Fergus was gay.

And as for Dil's gay boyfriends? Jody was seduced by a female IRA agent! And then there's Dave, who on two occasions, slaps, manhandles and abuses Dil. She kicks him out of her apt. And then Fergus enters her life. Remember what happened the day after the incident in Dil's apartment. She brought him lunch at his work and apologized for not telling him first. And then near the end of the movie...Dil shoots and kills Miranda Richardson, but Fergus protects Dil and does the prison time for the shooting. Now that is true love! I think you might want to watch The Crying Game again. I think it is a great love story (amongst other things)
Old 05-30-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
Everybody is entitled to their opinion,of course. But Bionca, I have to disagree with you about The Crying Game. I have seen this movie many, many times and feel the "trans story line" is as important as anything else in the movie. I do not think it was played for "shock value" at all. Yes, "Fergus" hit "Dil" in one scene. But what you have this straight guy from Northern Ireland who has never seen a T-G, let alone sleep with with one end up in Dil's apartment. Not only is Dil a TG, but she is also black. The whole situation could have been avoided if two things had happened...firstly Dil should have forwarned Fergus about her gender and secondly, the bartender at the bar was about to tell Fergus about Dil, but got interrupted by Dil's singing performance. If Fergus only knew that the bar where Dil hung out was a gay bar! Dil just assumed that Fergus was gay.

And as for Dil's gay boyfriends? Jody was seduced by a female IRA agent! And then there's Dave, who on two occasions, slaps, manhandles and abuses Dil. She kicks him out of her apt. And then Fergus enters her life. Remember what happened the day after the incident in Dil's apartment. She brought him lunch at his work and apologized for not telling him first. And then near the end of the movie...Dil shoots and kills Miranda Richardson, but Fergus protects Dil and does the prison time for the shooting. Now that is true love! I think you might want to watch The Crying Game again. I think it is a great love story (amongst other things)
Sorry, I really can't get over violence against trans* women justified and explained away as "they shoulda said something first". The fact she apologized after the fact made it worse. It was clearly written for shock value - to lure the guys in and *ZOMG! it's a dooood*

I also didn't read either of her boyfriends as "gay". They were pretty typical of guys who date trans* women though. Usually in a love story there is some uniting on the parts of the individuals. The last scene shows Dil visiting Fergus in jail and he doesn't look pleased to see her and askes her (I think) not to touch him or some such. Not exactly the grand love story ending.
Old 05-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Crying Game

Well, Bionca...we will leave it at that then...we will agree to disagree! I just want to say one last thing, however. The way the movie ends is similar to many other movies where the writer/director leaves it up to the viewer to "fill the ending" (Did Rhett go back to Scarlett?). In my own mind, after doing 5-6years in jail for her, Fergus and Dil live happily ever-after....but I am just a hopeless romantic I guess.

Oh, as for Rhett going back to Scarlett? Don't even mention that made-for-tv sequel with Tomothy Dalton! lol
Old 05-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Amy has a spectacular aura aboutAmy has a spectacular aura about

Breakfast on Pluto is brilliant.
Old 09-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

How about Tango and Cash, when Kurt Russel's character has to escape a strip club and has to do it in drag...

But true gender benders.

Some like it hot, with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis & Jack Lemmon.
It's a boy girl thing.
Priscilla...
To Wang-Fu...
La cage aux folles, The bird cage (1&2).
She's the man.
He's my girl.

Those come to mind.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

"Creature"
Old 09-06-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by franalexes View Post
"Creature"
Unfortunately that is a very hard movie to get hold of now. I've been looking for several months now and it seems no one has ever heard of it in the places that I've inquired.
Old 09-06-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Solder's Girl is one of my favorites. Based on a true story.. very touching and heartbreaking.
Old 09-26-2009
aw9725

Rocky Horror Picture Show (I used to go as Brad--"asshole"--yeah, I know...)
Dog Day Afternoon
The World According to Garp
Tootsie

Last edited by aw9725; 09-26-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

suebone is on a distinguished road

RED & BLUE, this is not movie ,I thing a documentary,about twin boys.
1 was gay the other a m2f . about there life.
sue b
Old 09-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

DSL is on a distinguished road

I love: one hung bitch 1 thru 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
From "Glen or Glenda" in 1953 to "Connie and Carla" in 2004, transgenderism, crossdressing, female impersonation has been featured on the "big screen". I checked my "Videohound" movie guide and found over 100 films in the "Gender Bender" category. Most seem to be comedies. What is your favorite movie in this category?

For me, "The Crying Game" is the best. Jaye Davidson was incredible in the role (nominated for an Oscar, I believe). The story was great. The message it sent was even better (Love conquers all).
Old 09-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Probably my favorite is "Ma Vie en Rose." "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" is also up there.
Old 11-24-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

ilikeporn8lot is on a distinguished road

Someone needs to start making fan art of lois einhorn, she is the sexiest ts ever in a movie
Old 11-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

connie is a jewel in the roughconnie is a jewel in the roughconnie is a jewel in the rough
Default gender bender

Of course Rocky Horror, and Hedwig, I also love Kinky Boots, it is also very good. Really liked Connie and Carla, sorry, not much on the serious side though.
Old 11-24-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

kingtheoden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kingtheoden

Terror Firmer, classic Troma trash with a "gender bender" theme. The best is still The Crying Game, though. Rocky Horror is also a favorite, as is anything with Divine in it.
Old 12-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Zerophilia was just on... interesting movie.
Old 12-09-2009
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

Freebie and the Bean (1974)
Old 12-09-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Out of all the movies mentioned, I have only seen The Crying Game and Rocky Horror Picture Show. I cannot recall much about The Crying Game as I watched it a looooong time ago. Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favourite movies. I have watched it numerous times, and I own both the DVD(and Shock Treatment, the "sequel") and the music soundtrack to it. What an awesome movie!
Old 12-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Zerophilia was just on... interesting movie.
I just watched "Zerophilia" a few days ago, having come upon it quite by accident as I was channel surfing. Very interesting, indeed.
Old 12-09-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

youlikeit is on a distinguished road

Ma Vie En Rose and The Crying Game are my fav's. I cried when I watched ma vie en rose and I think that when the crying game first came out, they had the greatest tag line for the movie. If I remeber correctly is was something like "She was the only man he ever loved". I know a lot of the girls here probably don't appreciate that line, but at the time it really got my attention.