Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
I will "re-visit" the old Battlestar series (it must be on "Space" or in the local video store, or maybe online). On one condition....you watch the new BSG?!
The old series was out in a boxed set but may be out of print now, And next on my to buy list are in order U.F.O. mega boxed set [the entire series], Starsky and Hutch season1, Kung-Fu season1, Jennifer
Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough
Cool

Fave BSG Characters
1. Lee Adama
2. Gaiuss Baltar
3. Starbuck
4. Bill Adama
5. Caprica 6

Least Fave BSG Characters
1. Tom Zareck
2. John ( Cavel )
3. The Quorum
4. Torrie ( one of the final five )
5. Tom Zareck ( Yes i know he's on here twice - Frakkin D - Bag )
I think Lee Adama had the most growth of all the characters, Pilot , Captain of the Pegasus , Lawyer , President , Pilot again , and finally explorer of Earth. The finale ... let me get back to you on that.
Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default BSG "Personalities" (part one)

I do not like:

Gaeta...never did totally trust him...right from the start...for awhile he was becoming "likeable"...til he hooked up with "Zarak" what a selfish jerk he turned out to be! "When you lie down with dogs, you come up with fleas"

Tom Zarak...I hated him right from the start! Figures that the only actor from the old series got to play probably the most universally despised character in the show! :lol: (Hated even moreso than Caval)

Cavel....a totally unlikeable being of course...pure unadulterated hatred for humans, no mercy, not a drop of kindness (but Dean Stockwell is fun to watch)

Laura Roslyn....love/hate with her....loved her in the last season. But boy, she did some "questionable" things (as did most of the crew) in the first 3 seasons.

Admiral Cain....what an fucking bitch. I know she wasn't in the entire series.

I am very upset with:

Duella...It made me so mad when she killed herself! But I liked her up til then...For 3 1/2 seasons I liked her!!! I don't know what to do now, though! And wasn't Gaeta such a great help at her suicide?

Athena....for killing Boomer....I am sure Boomer and the chief would have made a life together on Earth.

Tyrol...for killing Tori (I am probably the only one who feels this way). Let's face it they all did bad things...including Tyrol!!

Next post...my faves!
Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default BSG "Personalities" (part two)

I like these humans/cylons

Admiral Adama....obviously!

Baltar....fascinating character...provided the bulk of the show's "comic relief" which was needed at times....narcissistic, vain, conceited..but "saw the light" eventually....he was just a pawn, really...

Starbuck....the "die-hard" fans of the old show were so pissed off Starbuck was a chick! The letters and emails they got! Turned out to be one of the best leading roles for a woman on TV! Her flaws very visable too! Who would you want backing you up in a fight? Funny, not too much outrage about the original "Boomer" (a black man) being replaced by an Asian woman!

Helo....probably the most honest, caring, loving person consistently throughout the entire series. And what he went through!! I doubt if I could have been as strong mentally as Helo!! Helo is someone I respect!

Athena/Boomer....okay, I have a thing for Grace Park!!

Doc Coddle:....not a major, major character...but he was in all 4 seasons...great bedside manner!

#6 (in all her "variations")....A modern day "Mata Hari"...er...wait...not modern day exactly...uh...World War One happened thousands of years after "BSG"...you know what I mean!

Col Tye....what a nasty s.ob. in first 3 sesons (kind of like Cavel in his hatred of humans). Funny how Tye became more human when he found out he was a Cylon!
Old 06-06-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

How did I miss the thread? I love Sci-Fi

1) Firefly - I can't say enough good about this show
2) BSG - WOW, think it was some of the best TV
3) Robotech - my brothers were into it and had some Mecha and toys, so when I finally saw the show it was great. And yes... Yellow Dancer

4) Dark Skies
5) Red Dwarf
6) Space 1999 - thanks CM for the background on that (I used think that Maya had chocolate chips for eyebrows)
7) Greatest American Hero
8) Star Trek - all of them had their good bits and bad ones
9) Farscape - excellent characters and the one I identified with least was John
10) Probably my fave is DR Who - He was there for in his T.A.R.D.I.S. ready to wisk me away to defeat the Daleks or the Cybermen, or just some horror made of a garbage bag and some silver tape. He could then bring me back just before I was taken... or not... I will say I like the way the new series is exploring the personal relationships between himself and his companions.

I had nerds for brothers... I really can't help it
Old 06-06-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
How did I miss the thread? I love Sci-Fi

5) Red Dwarf
I had forgotten all about Red Dwarf. I never missed an episode.
Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough
Question

Does anyone remember a show called " Deepwater Black " ? I think that was the original name , in America they called it " Mission Genesis " lame name but great show. And there was another show about a boy who fell in the woods and his body was in a coma but his mind was in an alternate world, where his friends were there but different ... it was kinda an adventure tale. I know thats not very descriptive ... i think a young Ryan Reynolds was in it.
Old 06-06-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch Kyle XY because it was such a well written show with a plausible theme. I always like to try to figure out where the show would go and what the the newest plot twist would be. Just when I would think that I had it figured out I would find that I was wrong.
Old 06-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ARIES666;87844]

Starbuck....the "die-hard" fans of the old show were so pissed off Starbuck was a chick! The letters and emails they got! /QUOTE] For some reason a guy becoming a chick doesn't bother me at all Jennifer
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all

For some reason I'm not familiar with "firefly" (or "dark skies".).but as its on so many lists, I think I should check it out.
Not to take away from anyones favorite shows, but "Greatest American Hero" (william katz??) wasn't exactly sci-fi was it?
If we go down that road, I think the original "Superman" series with George Reeves was much better. (Or "Man from Atlantis" ??)

Oh yes, someone mentioned "The Wild, Wild, West" and I think it is sci-fi...not futuristic, but sci-fi nonetheless.
the new "Starbuck" kicks serious ass! I love her! She is right up there with Agent Scully.

Last edited by violet lightning; 06-07-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Hey VL, you should check out Firefly and it's movie continuation Serenity. And " Starbuck " is rumored to be cast as Typhoid Mary! ( if your not a comic geek google her ) But the bigger question is will she be in the Deadpool movie or the Daredevil reboot. The new Daredevil movie will be more grim and dark ( kinda a Batman Begins reboot ) And Greatest American Hero ... well he did get the suit from aliens but lost the instructions lol .
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Hey VL, you should check out Firefly and it's movie continuation Serenity. And " Starbuck " is rumored to be cast as Typhoid Mary! ( if your not a comic geek google her ) But the bigger question is will she be in the Deadpool movie or the Daredevil reboot. The new Daredevil movie will be more grim and dark ( kinda a Batman Begins reboot ) And Greatest American Hero ... well he did get the suit from aliens but lost the instructions lol .
OH THE PAIN, Another Daredevil movie? please say it ain't so as the first one was just bad and unwatchable and Deadpool? well i don't think that will be good these two movies sound bad almost as bad as the rumor of Will Smith being cast as CAPT AMERICA OH THE PAIN Jennifer
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Jen wouldn't you agree that Daredevil is a cool character? I think if they made it much darker in tone and more character driven and R rated the new movie would be an improvement. Oh and i left off another great show
Voyagers
No not Star Trek Voyagers... About a young boy and a time travelling adventurer who explore historical events , and time travel w/ The Omni? A pocket watch/ compass time machine.
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Daredevil is to me a second rate BATMAN and was only good when an unknown at the time writer named FRANK MILLER issues #158 thru #191 wrote the book. So if you get him to write the script then there might be hope. And Voyager was a cool series that is almost lost to time meaning pretty much forgotten about i even forgot about it as it aired around the same time as SUPERBOY,and Swampthing two other good shows Jennifer
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all
Default These are not the best shows...

but I thought they would be fun to bring up! :D

From the 1960's:
1. "Gigantor" animated cartoon in black and white...pretty cool concept,(kid has his own giant flying robot!) and it probably helped influence a generation somewhat...
2. "The Jetsons" futuristic, lots of cool ideas...

From the 1970's:
(:D Transgen, you seem to appreciate the 70's...how about these "gems" of science-fiction? )

3. "Ark II" futuristic saturday morning show set on earth in the (post-apocalyse world?). Driving around the deserts in a big land yacht (with a talking chimp! )searching for life or at least a Twinkie factory.
4. "The Space Giants" this was a Japanese import.!!..used to come on cable back in the 70's after school. It was cool, a family of robotic space giants living/hiding out on earth, but always having to battle some space monster!
(I think it was similar to "Ultraman", but I never saw that one)

From the 1980's:
5. "Max Headroom" - kind of a science-fictiony-virtual reality show....
:D:D
Some pics for yer enjoyment!!
Attached Thumbnails
Space Giants Logo.jpg   Goldar and Noronda.jpg   Space Giant montage.jpg  

Last edited by violet lightning; 06-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet lightning View Post

:D Transgen, you seem to appreciate the 70's...how about these "gems" of science-fiction?

3. "Ark II" futuristic show set on earth in the (post-apocalyse world?) driving around the deserts in a land yacht searching for the Twinkie factory.
4. "The Space Giants" this was a Japanese import...used to come on cable back in the day. It was cool, a family of robotic space giants living/hiding out on earth, but always having to battle some space monster!
5. "Max Headroom" kind of a science-fictiony-virtual reality show....
:D:D
True i have a fondness for sci-fi from the 60s and 70s but i always hated Space Giants with the annoying kid and his whisle blows it once and he get the kid robot blows it twice and he gets Sulvar the mommy robot and three blows he gets Golddar sorry never liked it i always liked ULTRA-MAN and Johnny Sokko better. As far as sci-fi cartoons go how about ASTRO-BOY, STAR BLAZERS and BATTLE OF THE PLANETS 'transmute' Princess
Old 06-09-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Maxthedrive is on a distinguished road

Everyone has mentioned the best shows out there.
Firefly was a gem that should have continued.
I loved Farscape, but I lost interest after a while.
Seems like the writers just get too far into the zone and the shows seem kinda inbred after the first or second season.
I love Terminator, Sarah Conner, but same criticism applies.

No one mentioned Smallville
Old 06-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Starbuck

[QUOTE=transjen;87960]
Quote:

Starbuck....the "die-hard" fans of the old show were so pissed off Starbuck was a chick! The letters and emails they got! /QUOTE] For some reason a guy becoming a chick doesn't bother me at all Jennifer
Well said, TJ!!

You know, the Cylons were very advanced in altering/changing/enhancing/improving themselves...maybe they got a hold of Starbuck when she was a guy (Dirk Benedict?)....and...voila!!
Old 06-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Like me, everyone I know couldn't care less about the new Starbuck being a guy or a girl. I thought it was a brilliant decision (especially casting Sackhoff), but I thought the original show was pretty bad, so I had no loyalty to it.
Its hard to imagine people getting freaked out about it,( although I guess some die-hards were) everyone I know just thought it was a cool idea to revive the series and was looking forward to it.
I remember some people not liking the changes, but they are no doubt the ones who loved the new show too.

As for "Smallville", I don't think it really qualifies as science fiction. He is a superhero, but there aren't any real scientific elements, a must for sci-fi.
Old 06-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Exclamation

I like Smallville but after 8 years , C'mon change the name to "Metropolis" or "Superman" already! We know how the story goes ...
Old 06-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ok all you new version BSG fans out there get ready to moan out in pain as with the sucess of the new STAR TREK movie Glen Larson has been given the green light to go into production of the original BSG a movie that picks up were the old series left off Jennifer
Old 06-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Old BSG...it's sequel?

I bet Richard Hatch has something to do with it, TJ!

Anyway, anybody know a good (free) online site where I can watch old episodes of the original BSG?
Old 06-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I wonder if Richard Hatch has part owner ship to the copyrights as he's been pushing for the return of the series since the late 80s, As for a free site try youtube or netflixs or blockbuster to just rent them Jennifer
Old 06-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Bsg

All this has happened before ...
Old 06-25-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

jha2w is on a distinguished road

1. DR WHO
2. Doll House
Old 07-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Emmy Awards

ONCE AGAIN...SCIENCE FICTION TELEVISION IS DONE A "DIS-SERVICE" BY THE EMMY ACADEMY. FRINGE...NOT NOMINATED FOR BEST SHOW OR BEST ACTORS, ETC. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA...NOT NOMINTED FOR BEST SHOW OR BEST ACTORS, ETC. DON'T KNOW IF THE EMMY FOLKS GIVE AWARDS FOR SPECIAL EFFECTS, BUT NOW I DO NOT CARE! THE EMMY AWARDS (JUST LIKE THE ACADEMY AWARDS) REALLY HATE SCI-FI!!
Old 07-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BSG had more real drama and suspence than most dedicated dramas. And developed a rich mythology and depth that all shows sci-fi or not should aspire to.
Old 08-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

threnn00 will become famous soon enoughthrenn00 will become famous soon enough

Star Trek: TOS
Star Trek: DS9
Star Trek: TNG
Doctor Who
Babylon 5
Twilight Zone
Battlestar Galactica (new)
Firefly
The Prisoner
Stargate SG1
The Outer Limits
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Jenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of lightJenae LaTorque is a glorious beacon of light

Threnn mentioned The Prisoner. That show was so far out for it's time. I remember when it aired, I never missed it. Didn't matter what was going on, I was there in front of the old boob tube when them giant balls went rolling across the beach. That was the era of all the detective and cop shows; Mannix, Cannon, Hawaii 5-O, Ironsides, etc. It was a nice change to watch The Prisoner. I bought the set on DVD when I got a chance.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

KittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to behold

Surprised no one has mentioned this.... I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International whenever it is on and am an avid ghost hunter and paranormal investigator myself. Besides that I watch the Twilight Zone whenever it is on. I prefer the original old episodes rather than the new stuff.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I really liked the show Sliders . But when Jerry O'Connell left the show it went downhill. I still can't figure out the explanation the writers came up w/ ... Quinn fused w/ an alternate version of himself that looks nothing like him ... LAME. Seasons 1-3 good , 4 was ok beyond that meh.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

threnn00 will become famous soon enoughthrenn00 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenae LaTorque View Post
Threnn mentioned The Prisoner. That show was so far out for it's time. I remember when it aired, I never missed it. Didn't matter what was going on, I was there in front of the old boob tube when them giant balls went rolling across the beach...
Jenae and all: there is a remake of The Prisoner coming in November, 2009 in the form of a six episode mini-series on AMC (link below) with Sir Ian McKellen playing Number Two. And, at one time, there was a movie project active with Christopher Nolan directing ("just about to cum!"), but unfortunately he dropped out of the project and I don't know where it stands now ("oh shit- blue balls...")

As Jenae said, this show was waaaaay ahead of its time when it was first shown on TV in the 1960s. A truly remarkable series.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-prisoner/

Last edited by threnn00; 08-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Dani is on a distinguished road

I have a lot of favorites but will only mention top ten:

1. Dr. Who (newer stuff but starting to watch the older versions)
2. Eureka
3. Twilight Zone
4. Star Trek (The original series)
5. Enterprise
6. Earth 2 (kinda campy 90's show was only on for one season I believe.)
7. Torchwood
8. Primeval (I watch a lot of BBC)
9. Stargate (all of them)
10. (Last but definitely not least) New BSG
Old 09-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
how could i forget red dwarf!?
Hi there.

Maby it because you were going where no man had gone before?

JohnDowe.
Old 09-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Four days ago, "transjen" wrote the following:

transjen I saw most of BSG season 1 when it first aired and never really followed it after that watching it here and there afterwards to me it wasn't bad and it wasn't the greatest ever, But it was a lot better then STAR TREK THE NEXT GEN but that's not hard to do Jennifer

Aaaaah, and I think therein lies the "problem". In my opinion, BSG is one of those series that you cannot watch "here and there". Too many plots and variables going on and each epsisode so dependent on the ones before it. I have all the DVD sets from the very beginning up until the first half of season 4, and watching them in this format has been incredible. So much better than on brodcast TV.

NOTE TO ALL BSG FANS: SEASON 4.5 WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD JULY 20!! (in Canada anyway) :D:D
Hi there.

And the best part NO COMMERTIALS, YAY.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Daredevil is to me a second rate BATMAN and was only good when an unknown at the time writer named FRANK MILLER issues #158 thru #191 wrote the book. So if you get him to write the script then there might be hope. And Voyager was a cool series that is almost lost to time meaning pretty much forgotten about i even forgot about it as it aired around the same time as SUPERBOY,and Swampthing two other good shows Jennifer
Hi there.

If i remember correctly, the series ended when one of the main characters the one with the "watch" died.

JohnDowe.
Old 09-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Voyagers wrapped everything up w/ their series finale , the boy Jefferey was always destined to become a "voyager" and Phineas Bogg was meant to be his mentor.
He was filming a cop show and being bored and exhausted he goofed around w/ a prop gun loaded w/ blanks. He put it to his head and pulled the trigger ... the blank shattered his temple and sent bone shards into his brain ... he was pronounced brain dead and his organs were harvested. Sad thing , great actor , handsome and he was only 27 i think.
Old 09-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Oh and Dani , you have great taste in tv shows.
Old 09-10-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Warty is on a distinguished road

My top 10 would have to be:

1. Doctor Who
2. Stargate
3. Stargate Atlantis
4. Primeval
5. Torchwood
6. Farscape
7. Galactica
8. Lost (sort of Sci Fi)
9. Startrek
10. Blakes 7 (anyone remember this one with the terrible special effects?)
Old 10-12-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Maine Man is on a distinguished road

Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (new)
Star Trek (TOS, Voyager)
Farscape
Stargate - SG1
Firefly
Space 1999
Planet of the Apes
The Outer Limits
X-Files
Dark Angel

I've left out a number of shows such as Tru Calling and Sanctuary, uncertain as to whether they might be considered sci-fi
Old 12-04-2009
LeeIII

Lets see
1.Star Trek's all of them
2.Air Wolf
3. Night Rider
4. Ateam
Old 12-04-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

kingtheoden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kingtheoden

Favorites in no particular order: Firefly, Fringe, The X-Files, The Prisoner (series), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the cheapo BBC tv series is still amazing, which is more than I can say for the waste of time and money that was the film adaptation), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Twilight Zone, and, of course, the awesome Futurama.

The new take on V is showing a lot of promise too. And this would be an incomplete post without mentioning Star Trek:TNG and ST:TNG.