Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 10-27-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
The 360 is backwards compatible w/ alot of old X-Box games , and the Wii can play your Gamecube games. One of the launch model PS3's was b.c. w/ ps1 and ps2 games ... it had a bigger harddrive and extra usb ports and had silver detailing but Sony removed the chip from all the following PS3 models. I have just always favored consoles as my gaming platform.
Thanks for the tips, rockabilly. I guess I'll hold off on getting PS3 then(to play the PS1 games I have) since they will no longer play the old games.

And consoles can be a lot of fun. I remember hours and hours of multiplayer(and single player) gaming with Goldeneye on the N64. One of the best games EVER!

And at a friend's house we used to play WWE(WWF back then) wrestling on the console(the N64 as well, I think). Four player gaming at it's finest.
Old 10-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough
Cool

PS3 does have alot of good exclusive games and more coming ... oh and they plan to release God of War 1 and 2 w/ enhanced graphics and resolution on PS3 when God of War 3 comes out. Maybe they will release more enhanced PS2 games at a bargain price. I'll get a PS3 later , maybe when it hits $200.
Old 10-27-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
PS3 does have alot of good exclusive games and more coming ... oh and they plan to release God of War 1 and 2 w/ enhanced graphics and resolution on PS3 when God of War 3 comes out. Maybe they will release more enhanced PS2 games at a bargain price. I'll get a PS3 later , maybe when it hits $200.
$200 isn't too shabby of a price. That would probably be about $250-$280 Canadian right? I think our exchange is pretty close right now(not exactly good for our economy, but should help the American border States) so the prices should be pretty close.

All current PS3's come with Blue-Ray now, don't they(since Sony owns both)? If so, that is an added bonus.
Old 10-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough
Cool

The PS3 as of now costs $ 300 and they've made it smaller and more streamlined. And yes blu-ray is standard w/ all PS3 models. The Wii dropped down to $200 and the X-Box 360 elite is now $300 as well. Later gotta go to work. :D
Old 10-28-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The PS3 as of now costs $ 300 and they've made it smaller and more streamlined. And yes blu-ray is standard w/ all PS3 models. The Wii dropped down to $200 and the X-Box 360 elite is now $300 as well. Later gotta go to work. :D
X-Box 360 elite? What are the differences between that system and the vanilla 360?

Have a good one, rockabilly.
Old 10-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The only real difference w/ the 360 Elite is ... it's black and has a 120gig harddrive. When Resident Evil 5 came out they had an Elite RE bundle w/ a Red Elite system and RE5 but they were limited and sold out quickly.
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The only real difference w/ the 360 Elite is ... it's black and has a 120gig harddrive. When Resident Evil 5 came out they had an Elite RE bundle w/ a Red Elite system and RE5 but they were limited and sold out quickly.
Thanks for the explanation. RE 5 is also out for the PC, and it looks pretty sweet!

We both appear to be hardcore gamers, rockabilly.
Old 10-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

I've been a gamer since i was about 5 yrs old. I've had alot of consoles ...
1. Atari 2600
2. NES
3. Sega Genesis
4. SNES
5. TurboGraphix 16
6. N64
7. Sega Saturn
8. PS1
9. Sega Dreamcast
10. PS2
11. Gamecube
12. X-Box
13. X-Box 360 (Halo Edition)
14. Wii
Handhelds
1. Gameboy (multiple versions)
2. Sega Game Gear
3. Neo-Geo Pocket Color
4. Nintendo DS
5. Sony PSP
Old 10-31-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

irishmike136 is on a distinguished road

never tried Jaguar?
irish
Old 10-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I've been a gamer since i was about 5 yrs old. I've had alot of consoles ...
1. Atari 2600
2. NES
3. Sega Genesis
4. SNES
5. TurboGraphix 16
6. N64
7. Sega Saturn
8. PS1
9. Sega Dreamcast
10. PS2
11. Gamecube
12. X-Box
13. X-Box 360 (Halo Edition)
14. Wii
Handhelds
1. Gameboy (multiple versions)
2. Sega Game Gear
3. Neo-Geo Pocket Color
4. Nintendo DS
5. Sony PSP
Judging from that impressive list, I can safely say that we would probably be good friends if we grew up in the same area.

Ain't being a gamer cool?
Old 10-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

My friend Doug had the Jaguar and that awesome Aliens vs Predator game.

Damn it feels good to be a game-ster , lol
But very expensive.
Old 10-31-2009
St. Araqiel

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is gonna be in stores in just ten days!
*hops from foot to foot in gamerly glee*
Old 10-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
My friend Doug had the Jaguar and that awesome Aliens vs Predator game.

Damn it feels good to be a game-ster , lol
But very expensive.
I hear ya!

*looks in wallet in anticipation of monies going to the upcoming 'Dragon Age: Origins' Collector's Edition* That game is going to kick ass(I hope)!
Old 10-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs up

It's getting great reviews. The GTA dlc disc is in stores now , and Assassins Creed 2 is coming soon.
Old 10-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

EdwardSinclair will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,

I must say that I am a player of games, having said that I don't spend much time in front of consoles. What I am into is MMOs, I know they are completely addictive, and can take your life away (literally), but I have had great fun on them when I do have time to play them.

The types of MMOs I like are mainly of the oriental type, with cute graphics, mostly made in Korea or Japan. I like big swords , and stylish characters... think more like Final Fantasy and less like World of Warcraft. I think PCs are the best gaming experience available, because your specs. will always be up to date, if you can afford the luxury (Graphics are way better than any console... not to mention controls and international compatibility).
Old 11-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It's getting great reviews. The GTA dlc disc is in stores now , and Assassins Creed 2 is coming soon.
GTA downloadable content. Is that for GTA IV? Also, will it be available for PC later on down the road, and what exactly do you get with it? Sometimes the DLC is good, sometimes not so much. There was some good DLC for Oblivion(I both the Knights of Nine box which had that and all the other DLC in it for $29.99), but I haven't bought any for Fallout 3 yet.

Bioware makes great RPGs, so that is why I am so hopeful that DA:O will be so good.
Old 11-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardSinclair View Post
Hi guys,

I must say that I am a player of games, having said that I don't spend much time in front of consoles. What I am into is MMOs, I know they are completely addictive, and can take your life away (literally), but I have had great fun on them when I do have time to play them.

The types of MMOs I like are mainly of the oriental type, with cute graphics, mostly made in Korea or Japan. I like big swords , and stylish characters... think more like Final Fantasy and less like World of Warcraft. I think PCs are the best gaming experience available, because your specs. will always be up to date, if you can afford the luxury (Graphics are way better than any console... not to mention controls and international compatibility).
Final Fantasy is a MMO now, isn't it? I am pretty sure(but not certain) that FF 10 was multiplayer.

There are a lot of cool looking MMOs out there, but I prefer single player games myself. That being said, if I were ever to play a MMO I would try World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, LOTR Online, and Conan.
Old 11-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Final Fantasy 11 was the MMO.

The dlc is for GTA4 ... and it's more than just dlc. It's 2 complete gaming experiences w/ new lead characters and missions. First up...
1. The Lost and the Damned - You're a member of a motorcycle gang ... kinda like the show "Sons of Anarchy"
2. The Ballad of Gay Tony - I don't know much about this yet ... but it does bring back the parachute from GTA-San Andreas , so now you can base jump and also has a tank class vehicle.

Idk if it's gonna be on pc or not.
Old 11-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

And the Fallout 3 dlc is worth picking up. It fixes the game ... by that i mean it raises the level cap , has new perks , new quests in new areas , armour , weapons , enemies , and opens up the wasteland for exploratpion after finishing the main quest. :D
Old 11-01-2009
Dark Overlord

I hope they release the GTA IV goodies for the PC(as it would mean more money in their pockets!). However, I still have to pick up GTA IV.:D

I'll pick up the Fallout 3 dlc later. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I've had the following systems:

NES
Super NES
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Wii

If you can't tell, I've been a big Nintendo fan for most of my life. I grew up with Nintendo characters, and I continue to find the characters from Nintendo games to be the most addictive. I'm looking forward to the new Super Mario Bros. coming out for the Wii in mid-November.
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I've had the following systems:

NES
Super NES
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Wii

If you can't tell, I've been a big Nintendo fan for most of my life. I grew up with Nintendo characters, and I continue to find the characters from Nintendo games to be the most addictive. I'm looking forward to the new Super Mario Bros. coming out for the Wii in mid-November.
Mario World was one of my favourite games for the N64.
Old 11-08-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Hourglass is on a distinguished road

I've been a gamer since the days of the Atari 2600. I don't game like I once did - in high school you virtually had to pry me away from my Super NES - but I still follow the industry and keep up with things. Retro gaming is really my thing.
Old 11-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

DSL is on a distinguished road

My very first computer was the atari XE and had the old 5/4" floppy drives
and took forever to load
my first computer game was F-15 strike eagle i loved it.

now i got the HP power house computer with duel CPU
and now even this pc is obsolete and as i speak its getting older
by the minute.
Old 11-09-2009
Dark Overlord

I really, REALLY hate bugs in games, especially bugs that make it so you cannot finish the game.

I was playing Pool Of Radiance 2: Ruins of Myth Drannor and I was almost finished. I was in the Elvish Catacombs: The Prisons level and went to a room that housed the Dreadsword Daemonic(a weapon that would have been very good for my party). Alas, the first time I got there I was ambushed by undead and decided to reload. I reloaded the game and the second I went to that area the game made a weird sound and a 'engine.exe has found an error' and I had to click on the 'OK' option in the window that popped up. It then booted me to the desktop! I tried reloading the last save game(it crashed at the same spot) and even a couple of older ones(same thing) to no avail.

So, either all my saves are corrupted(for a game that is no longer supported as it is a 2001/2002 game that did not sell very well) or the engine.exe file got pooched somehow. I am thinking of copying the save files and moving them to a different folder and then reinstalling the game, but I am not sure if that will even work.

I am really cheesed off about this because I was almost done the freaking game and had spent a fair amount of time on it(enough time that I will NOT be starting over). I.....hate......bugs!

I am going to install Baldur's Gate and play it now instead. I know it is a lot more stable as I played it a few years back(but didn't finish it). I am going to play it, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Ahm, and Throne of Bhaal. Good times to be had!
Old 11-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Question

Shadows , Have you played KotOR? It's great and so is Jade Empire , both done by Bioware.
Old 11-09-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Shadows , Have you played KotOR? It's great and so is Jade Empire , both done by Bioware.
Hello Rocka(is it okay to call you that for short?).

I have not played them yet, but I do own them both. If an Adventure or RPG game comes out I try to buy them even if I don't play them right away, as they are not easy to find once the stores no longer sells them(and unlike console games, EB Games no longer sells used PC games due to piracy and the fact that the games will usually have activation codes now. I really freaking hate what piracy has caused for PC gaming. Stupid DRM for one!).

I have the Jade Empire:Special Edition, which I think adds some more content to the vanilla game.

I also picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters the other day($20. not bad!), but I don't have the strategy guide for it. That is another thing that I like to purchase, as there are sometimes hidden gems/easter eggs that I might not find if I don't have the book. Also, I like to complete the games if I can(as I have so many games to play, and so little time) and having the maps that are given in the books make the game a little easier to find my way around.

Do you use strategy guides as well, or do you prefer to go it solo?
Old 11-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Yeah it's cool , call me Rocka. I like to work my way through a game w/o a guide , it adds to the playtime. But if i get stuck sometimes i'll get the guide to get past the trouble spot. Jade Empire sp. ed. gives you an extra character to play as ... an awesome monk character. I have the sp. edition for X-Box and it's a great rpg. You should get Mass Effect if you don't have it yet.
Old 11-09-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yeah it's cool , call me Rocka. I like to work my way through a game w/o a guide , it adds to the playtime. But if i get stuck sometimes i'll get the guide to get past the trouble spot. Jade Empire sp. ed. gives you an extra character to play as ... an awesome monk character. I have the sp. edition for X-Box and it's a great rpg. You should get Mass Effect if you don't have it yet.
LOL! I have Mass Effect as well(and Mass Effect 2: CE on pre-order). I have not started it yet, but it looks like a great game(Bioware make some pretty sweet games).

One thing that irked me about Mass Effect is that they made a CE for the XBox 360 and, even though they had promised one, decided to not make one for the PC. I heard some of the menu actions you could do screamed "CONSOLE PORT!!!", but I have not seen for myself yet. Also, I heard the inventory system for ME was a nightmare. Is that true?

PS. I don't suppose you have a Fable strategy guide for sale, do you? LOL!
Old 11-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

The inventory system sucked , it was hard to keep up w/ what equipment was good and what you could sell off.

Fable is not that hard , but it is fun.
Old 11-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The inventory system sucked , it was hard to keep up w/ what equipment was good and what you could sell off.

Fable is not that hard , but it is fun.
To be honest, I will even buy strategy guides to games that are easy to play/figure out. I enjoy reading them as sometimes they will have backstory in them amongst other things. The Utima ones bring this to mind.

How many hours of play would you say ME has? I still have to download the patch from Bioware. Does 'Bring Down The Sky' get downloaded with the patch or would I have to purchase that seperately? I know that there is DLC for Dragon Age that I would like to get, but I will wait for it to come on CD(as it is wont to do anymore). Watcher's Keep I think it is called. I prefer having a hard copy of something(in case my drive gets pooched) rather than just a downloaded copy of it.
Old 11-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

If you just burn through the story quest , you can beat ME in about 9hrs to 12hrs. But i'm a completist and spent weeks going after every hidden item and side quest.
Old 11-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
If you just burn through the story quest , you can beat ME in about 9hrs to 12hrs. But i'm a completist and spent weeks going after every hidden item and side quest.
Same here. Sometimes the side quests are more fun than the main quest, and I also don't want to miss any hidden information/backstory/items that can be gleaned from sidequests.
Old 11-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Mass Effect 2 arrives in January.
Old 11-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Mass Effect 2 arrives in January.
I've got 'er pre-ordered(I just have to change it to the CE).

Out of curiosity, how many games do you own? Do you still keep the game after you complete it, or do you trade it in?

Myself, I keep the games, and I would even if there were still trade-ins for PC games. I find that I sometimes like to play a game more than once. For example, I am playing Baldur's Gate again(although I never did complete it the first time around.
Old 11-11-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

KLR is on a distinguished road

I am to old for Games......
Old 11-11-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR View Post
I am to old for Games......
No one is too old for games.
Old 11-11-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ok ...
1. X-Box 360 = 32
2. X-Box = 19
3. PS2 = 22
4. PS1 = 20
5. Wii = 7
6. Gamecube = 7
9. N64 = 4
10. SNES = 2
11. NES = 4
12. Dreamcast = 7
13. Saturn = 10
14. Genesis = 10
15. Turbo Gfx 16 = 2
16. Atari 2600 = 4
17. PSP = 8
18. DS and Gameboy = 6
19. Game Gear = 3
20. Neo Geo Pocket = 1
I traded in lots of my older games a long time ago but i keep most of my games now.
Old 11-11-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ok ...
1. X-Box 360 = 32
2. X-Box = 19
3. PS2 = 22
4. PS1 = 20
5. Wii = 7
6. Gamecube = 7
9. N64 = 4
10. SNES = 2
11. NES = 4
12. Dreamcast = 7
13. Saturn = 10
14. Genesis = 10
15. Turbo Gfx 16 = 2
16. Atari 2600 = 4
17. PSP = 8
18. DS and Gameboy = 6
19. Game Gear = 3
20. Neo Geo Pocket = 1
I traded in lots of my older games a long time ago but i keep most of my games now.
That is a pretty impressive list, my friend! You are a welcome addition to the ranks of Gaming Geekdom.

I'll add up how many PC games(since all my console games are packed away) tomorrow and post the count(all original, no copied games).
Old 11-20-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

local can only hope to improve

Not only play but also make...
Old 11-21-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by local View Post
Not only play but also make...
Please elaborate. What genre and are any of them commercial products yet?
Old 11-21-2009
Dark Overlord

Yay! I was able to find a solution to the crashing issue I had previously in Pool Of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. All I had to do was place it to Win98 compatibility mode and it worked! Thank goodness. Now I am almost finished!
Old 11-21-2009
St. Araqiel

I don't know how, but Infinity Ward did it: they made a better Call of Duty than Modern Warfare! I'm stunned...just stunned. How are they gonna top this one?
Old 11-22-2009
Dark Overlord

Baldur's Gate, here I come!
Old 11-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Call of Duty - Medieval Warfare! You play one of the Templar Knights during the Crusades and battle your way through the Holy Land.

Or they could just do Modern Warfare 3 w/ a longer single player campaign and new multiplayer types/maps.
Old 12-06-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

SupaFun is on a distinguished road

COD MW2 owns!
Old 12-06-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

demon_kiss2 is on a distinguished road

For gaming purpose PS3 is good and is the cheapest Blueray player in the market, but the 360 live has a big advantage on the PS3 online network, my self I go for a PC, as you can get everything from the Atari to PS and xbox emulators not only that but if you have a decent g-card and mother board plus processor u be laughing as nothing compares to the gaming experience and online experience, for those with PS3 you can actually install a emulator for the PSx and PS2 no need for chip but be ware as u need to know wat u doing as u need to upload it to the hard drive and insert some cracks and patches.
Old 12-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

DSL is on a distinguished road

Has anyone ever tried Aliens 2 Predator? that game is very action packed
has the same sounds and the guns of the weapons that was in those movies
the same voices also. you can even play the role of the alien too killing
humans its like 2 games in one you can also play predator
as well.
if you guys like shooting up aliens this game is recommend
the aliens are just like the ones in the movie i like useing the
grenade launcher and flame thrower!.
Old 12-15-2009
Dark Overlord

There is a game coming out that looks so good that it makes me almost want to buy a PS 3. The name of the game is called Heavy Rain. It looks phenominal!
Old 12-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Heavy Rain looks cool. The interesting thing is that your playable character can die and you'd continue on w/ a new one w/ a different perspective and story outcome.

You will play as multiple characters on the trail of a serial killer dubbed the "origami killer".

Gameplay looks to be similiar to Shenmue , it even has a version of quick time events. It's done by the team that did "Indigo Prophecy".