Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 10-30-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
You thought I was being serious?! Get some sleep, my friend.

Most Americans would only know cricket if they heard one chirping outside their window.
That's me, sleep deprived, missing my girlfriend while she works out of town.
Old 11-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

The San Francisco Giants have just won the 2010 World Series, 4 games to 1. Tim Lincecum was virtually unhittable, and Edgard Renteria joined Gehrig, DiMaggio, and Berra as the only four players in MLB history to have the game-winning RBI in two different final games of World Series (Renteria did it with the Marlins in 1997).
Old 11-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
The San Francisco Giants have just won the 2010 World Series, 4 games to 1. Tim Lincecum was virtually unhittable, and Edgard Renteria joined Gehrig, DiMaggio, and Berra as the only four players in MLB history to have the game-winning RBI in two different final games of World Series (Renteria did it with the Marlins in 1997).
Who cares it's hockey season now

Flyersfan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 03-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's been a bit of a pitchers' season:
- Two perfect games (Dallas Braden, Roy Halladay)
- Armando Galarraga's near-perfect game
- Three no-hitters (Ubaldo Jimenez, Edwin Jackson, Matt Garza)
- Roy Halladay's postseason no-hitter
- The lowest league batting average (.257) since 1999
So I suppose it's only reasonable to see, arguably the best pitching teams in the MLB, win the World Series.

And after playing only 72 games this regular season, who would've guessed that Edgar Reneria would come good in the Series?
Old 11-02-2010

Question Question...

Q: What happened in baseball on the 25 June 2010 for the first time since the 10th October 1984?
Old 11-02-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

They say that good pitching will always beat good hitting. The Giants certainly proved that during the World Series(throughout the playoffs, actually).

At least we won't have to see BeachBall head on television anymore(at least until his trial starts).
Old 11-02-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Q: What happened in baseball on the 25 June 2010 for the first time since the 10th October 1984?
I am too lazy to Google it. What happened?
Old 11-03-2010

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Quote:
I am too lazy to Google it. What happened?
As a Toronto fan I thought you would have seen/heard the answer during the season.

The dates refer to:
Game 1 of a three game interleague series this season between the Phillies and the Blue Jays at Citizens Bank Park; and

Game 2 of the 1984 World Series between the Tigers and the Padres at Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego.
Old 11-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
As a Toronto fan I thought you would have seen/heard the answer during the season.

The dates refer to:
Game 1 of a three game interleague series this season between the Phillies and the Blue Jays at Citizens Bank Park; and

Game 2 of the 1984 World Series between the Tigers and the Padres at Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego.
I believe you mean Vetrans stadium
Jerserygirl Jen
Old 11-03-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

newkno is on a distinguished road

very gooood
Old 11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I believe you mean Vetrans stadium
Jerserygirl Jen
My question has nothing to do with the 1993 World Series - when Game 1 of the series was played in the SkyDome.

I was refering to 25th June 2010 - this season - the first game of the regular season three-game Phillies-Blue Jays series in Citizens Bank Park (25th-27th June 2010).

Question:
What happened in baseball on the 25th June 2010 (Phillies-Blue Jays @Citizens Bank Park) for the first time since the 10th October 1984 (Tigers-Padres @Jack Murphy Stadium)?
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
My question has nothing to do with the 1993 World Series - when Game 1 of the series was played in the SkyDome.

I was refering to 25th June 2010 - this season - the first game of the regular season three-game Phillies-Blue Jays series in Citizens Bank Park (25th-27th June 2010).

Question:
What happened in baseball on the 25th June 2010 (Phillies-Blue Jays @Citizens Bank Park) for the first time since the 10th October 1984 (Tigers-Padres @Jack Murphy Stadium)?
Hmmmm. I'm going to guess that someone stole home? Twice in one game!
Old 11-04-2010

Arrow Home?

Quote:
Hmmmm. I'm going to guess that someone stole home? Twice in one game!
No.

But the 2010 G-20 Toronto Summit (26th & 27th June 2010) was the reason this happened. Does that help?
Old 11-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Just saw on my computer that Sparky [big Red machine] Anderson has passed away
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Just saw on my computer that Sparky [big Red machine] Anderson has passed away
Jerseygirl Jen
He was quite a character. I recommend this tribute to all the baseball fans out there (there's text and video):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5765272

It includes the story of Sparky's cameo role on the old TV sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati."
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
No.

But the 2010 G-20 Toronto Summit (26th & 27th June 2010) was the reason this happened. Does that help?
Without looking at the following posts, I will say my answer.

It was the first time since 1984 that a visiting team was considered the "home team" due to unforseen circumstances(I can't believe I didn't clue on this right away! D'oh!).
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
He was quite a character. I recommend this tribute to all the baseball fans out there (there's text and video):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5765272

It includes the story of Sparky's cameo role on the old TV sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati."
He was truly one of the classiest individuals in the sport of baseball. Rest in peace, Sparky.
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Here is another article on him from TSN.ca:

Reds fans were taken aback when Sparky Anderson showed up in Cincinnati for his first day as a big league manager, an unknown taking over baseball's first professional team.

Sparky who?

Really?

By the time he was done, this man with the shock of white hair and schoolboy nickname would produce a mighty list of achievements that featured three World Series titles -- including crowns in each league -- and a Hall of Fame entry on his resume.

Anderson, who directed the Big Red Machine to back-to-back championships and won another in Detroit, died Thursday from complications of dementia in Thousand Oaks, Calif. He was 76. A day earlier, his family said he'd been placed in hospice care.

Anderson was the first manager to win World Series titles in both leagues and the only manager to lead two franchises in career wins.

"Sparky was, by far, the best manager I ever played for," said former Reds star Pete Rose, the game's career hits leader. "He understood people better than anyone I ever met. His players loved him, he loved his players, and he loved the game of baseball. There isn't another person in baseball like Sparky Anderson. He gave his whole life to the game."

Anderson's teams in Cincinnati featuring Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan and Rose that won crowns in 1975 and 1976 rank among the most powerful of all time. Led by Kirk Gibson and Alan Trammell, Anderson won with the Tigers in 1984.

"He was a good guy," former Tigers pitcher Jack Morris said, choking up over the news. "Baseball will have very few people like Sparky. He was a unique individual. He was a character with a great passion and love for the game."

Anderson never tried to overshadow his teams, giving his stars great leeway while trying to stay in the background. At Anderson's request, there will be no funeral or memorial service.

"He was a people person," said Morgan, a Hall of Fame second baseman. "I don't think anybody else could have managed that team nearly as well as he did. We had a lot of different personalities. Sparky was able to deal with all of us on an individual basis but also collectively as a team.

"Because he was close to you and cared about you as a person, you were always willing to do more for him than you were for somebody else. I never thought of him as my manager. I thought of him as part of my family."

Always affable, ever talkative and known for a self-deprecating demeanour, Anderson was equally popular among players, fans and media.

"Revered and treasured by his players for his humility, humanity, eternal optimism and knowledge of the game," his Hall of Fame plaque reads.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig called Anderson a gentleman and dear friend.

"I recall with great fondness the many hours we would spend together when his Tigers came to Milwaukee," Selig said. "Sparky was a loyal friend, and whenever I would be dealing with difficult situations as commissioner, he would lift my spirits, telling me to keep my head up and that I was doing the right thing."

The Reds put a photo of Anderson on their outfield videoboard at Great American Ball Park on Thursday afternoon, honouring the man who led them to their greatest moments.

"In one way or another, Sparky touched the life of every Reds fan," owner Bob Castellini said.

Anderson's win total of 2,194 was the third highest when he retired after the 1995 season, trailing only Connie Mack and John McGraw. He's still sixth on the career list -- he won 863 games in nine years with the Reds and 1,331 in 17 seasons with the Tigers.

He'll be remembered as much for the little things that made him beloved as for the big numbers that made him a Hall of Famer.

"Being a good baseball player and person went hand-in-hand with him," said Alan Trammell, the 1984 World Series MVP who is Arizona's bench coach. "He wanted us to put our dirty clothes in the bin so that the clubhouse guys didn't have to pick up after us."

In many ways away from the field, he was a teacher.

"He had a lot to do with moulding me professionally and taught me a lot about perseverance," Morris said.

Anderson knew all about perseverance.

George (Sparky) Anderson got his nickname in the minor leagues because of his spirited play. He made it to the majors for only one season, batting .218 for the Phillies in 1959.

Anderson learned to control a temper that nearly scuttled his fledgling career as a manager in the minors, and went on to become one of baseball's best at running a team. And he won with a humility that couldn't obscure his unique ability to manage people.

"I got good players, stayed out of their way, let them win a lot and then just hung around for 26 years," he said during his Hall of Fame acceptance speech in 2000.

Of course, there was a lot more to him.

"To be around me, you have to be a little bit cuckoo," Anderson said on the day he resigned from the Tigers after the 1995 season. "One day it's written in concrete, the next day it's written in sand. I always felt if I didn't change my mind every 24 hours, people would find me boring."

Family spokesman Dan Ewald knew Anderson for about 35 years as a former Tigers spokesman and baseball writer for the Detroit News.

"Sparky Anderson will always be measured by his number of victories and his place in baseball's Hall of Fame. But all of that is overshadowed by the type of person he was. Sparky not only spiked life into baseball, he gave life in general something to smile about. Never in my lifetime have I met a man as gentle, kind and courageous as Sparky," he said.

Anderson's win total trails only those of Mack, McGraw, Tony La Russa, Bobby Cox and Joe Torre. His overall record was 2,194-1834 and he was a two-time AL Manager of the Year.

"Sparky was one of the greatest people I've met in baseball," Detroit Hall of Famer Al Kaline said. "He was a leader to his players both on and off the field. He was an incredible person and I cherish the time I was able to spend with him."

While Anderson was often surrounded by top players, there was more to his ability than merely filling out a lineup card.

He had the right touch with superstars, and it came in handy when he led the star-studded Reds to World Series wins in 1975-76. He won four National League pennants in Cincinnati from 1970-78, then was stung when the Reds fired him after consecutive second-place finishes.

Anderson took his disappointment to the other league and won there, too, directing the Tigers to the 1984 championship and a division title in 1987. He was voted into Cooperstown by the Veterans Committee.

Even then, he showed his usual self-deprecation. Anderson had refused to step foot inside the Hall until 2000 because he felt unworthy.

"I didn't ever want to go into the most precious place in the world unless I belonged," Anderson said.

For a long time, he was a longshot to make the Hall.

The only notable thing about Anderson as a player was his prematurely greying hair and his nickname. He was playing for Fort Worth in the Texas League in 1955 when a radio announcer, taken by his feisty play, started calling him Sparky.

The name stuck. He didn't. Anderson made it to the majors in 1959 and singled home the go-ahead run on opening day in Cincinnati, which turned out to be the highlight of his playing career. A light-hitting second baseman, he had 12 extra-base hits -- zero home runs -- and 34 RBIs in 477 at-bats.

Inducted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame in 2007, Anderson played six seasons of minor-league baseball north of the border, two with the Montreal Royals and four with the Toronto Maple Leafs at the tail end of his playing career.

He retired after the 1963 season and at age 30, made his managerial debut with Toronto in '64, taking charge of a team stocked with veterans, some much older than him. He assumed a championship that year was coming but he was wrong.

"I learned one major thing (that year)," Anderson said in 2007. "I said, 'If this club doesn't win, than I deserve to be fired.' And then the club didn't win and I was gone. A major thing is don't be saying before the season what will happen. You just never know."

Despite an 80-72 finish Anderson was fired.

He was overly aggressive in his strategy and argued every close call with umpires while in Toronto, showing a short fuse that also contributed to his dismissal. Cardinals general manager Bob Howsam gave him a second chance to manage in the minors, then moved to Cincinnati to build the Reds.

When he needed a big league manager there, he decided to call Anderson, who was shocked to get the chance. The youngest manager in the majors at age 35, he signed the $28,500 contract -- by far the most money he'd ever made -- and set out to make himself known in a city asking: Sparky who?

"Bob Howsam either had to be nuts or have a lot of savvy," Anderson said. "As it turns out, he had a lot of savvy."

Howsam assembled one of the most talented teams of all time -- Bench, Morgan, Rose, Tony Perez, Ken Griffey Sr., George Foster, Davey Concepcion. Anderson was charged with making it work.

Anderson's plaque in Cooperstown calls him "the crank that turned the Big Red Machine," and his players agree that it fit. Bench noted that Anderson treated his players respectfully and was always on top of game strategy.

"It's a lot like a chess game, and Sparky was a chess master," Bench said.

-End of Part 1-
Old 11-04-2010
Dark Overlord

-Part 2-

In Cincinnati, Anderson also got himself another nickname: Captain Hook, a reference to his habit of pulling a starting pitcher when he got into a jam late in a game. He also showed creativity in making lineup changes.

One of the most important moves: switching Rose from left field to third base on May 3, 1975, allowing Foster to play full-time in left. It was the final piece of the Machine, which beat Boston in a dramatic seven-game Series that year, then swept to another title while winning 108 games the following season.

Two second-place seasons led to a surprising firing. The Reds have won only one other NL title and World Series since he left, in 1990 under Lou Piniella. Anderson moved on to Detroit, where he had more longevity and added one more title.

He refused to manage replacement players during baseball's labour dispute in spring training of 1995, angering owner Mike Ilitch. He resigned after a 60-win season, saying the franchise needed a new direction. He hoped to manage somewhere else, but when an offer never came along, he retired.

Survivors include his wife, Carol; sons Lee and Albert; daughter Shirley Englebrecht; and nine grandchildren.
Old 11-04-2010

Arrow AL V's NL

Quote:
Without looking at the following posts, I will say my answer.

It was the first time since 1984 that a visiting team was considered the "home team" due to unforseen circumstances(I can't believe I didn't clue on this right away! D'oh!).
You're part of the way there.

The Blue Jays were the home team for their visit to Citizens Bank Park (25th-27th June 2010).

But back in October 1984 for Game 2 of the World Series @Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego - the Padres (home) hosted the Tigers (away).

Remember these two games are interleague games (AL Team V's NL Team) played in a NL stadium.

So what could have happened this year for the first time since it last occured back in Game 2 of the 1984 World Series?

Note: A rule change was applied before the 1986 World Series to stop this happening every other year.
Old 11-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You're part of the way there.

The Blue Jays were the home team for their visit to Citizens Bank Park (25th-27th June 2010).

But back in October 1984 for Game 2 of the World Series @Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego - the Padres (home) hosted the Tigers (away).

Remember these two games are interleague games (AL Team V's NL Team) played in a NL stadium.

So what could have happened this year for the first time since it last occured back in Game 2 of the 1984 World Series?

Note: A rule change was applied before the 1986 World Series to stop this happening every other year.
Didn't the majority of the "gate" go to the Blue Jays since it was supposed to be their home game? Other than that, I'm stumped.
Old 11-06-2010

Arrow The answer...

Quote:
Didn't the majority of the "gate" go to the Blue Jays since it was supposed to be their home game? Other than that, I'm stumped.
To put you out of your misery.

It's about the Designated Hitter (DH).

Remember, the Blue Jays (of the AL) were the home team @Citizens Bank Park - AL rules applied to the series.

Answer:
Game 1 of the series @Citizens Bank Park on 25th June 2010 was the first game to use Designated Hitters in a National League ballpark since Game 2 of the 1984 World Series @Jack Murphy Stadium when the Padres hosted the Tigers.

Even though the DH rule was introduced to the AL in 1973, DHs were not used in the 1973, 1974 and 1975 World Series.

But starting in 1976, the World Series allowed the use of a DH in both AL and NL ballparks, but only in even-numbered years. This ended in 1985.

Finally, in 1986, baseball adopted the current rule in which the DH is used for World Series games played in AL ballparks but not in NL ballparks.

Note:
Next season, as a make-up, the plan is for the Phillies to host the Blue Jays @Rogers Centre, Toronto (1st-3rd July) - playing under NL rules, ie. no DHs allowed - and this will be the first time since Game 7 of the 1985 World Series @Royals Stadium, where Designated Hitters won't be used in an AL stadium.
Old 11-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
To put you out of your misery.

It's about the Designated Hitter (DH).

Remember, the Blue Jays (of the AL) were the home team @Citizens Bank Park - AL rules applied to the series.

Answer:
Game 1 of the series @Citizens Bank Park on 25th June 2010 was the first game to use Designated Hitters in a National League ballpark since Game 2 of the 1984 World Series @Jack Murphy Stadium when the Padres hosted the Tigers.

Even though the DH rule was introduced to the AL in 1973, DHs were not used in the 1973, 1974 and 1975 World Series.

But starting in 1976, the World Series allowed the use of a DH in both AL and NL ballparks, but only in even-numbered years. This ended in 1985.

Finally, in 1986, baseball adopted the current rule in which the DH is used for World Series games played in AL ballparks but not in NL ballparks.

Note:
Next season, as a make-up, the plan is for the Phillies to host the Blue Jays @Rogers Centre, Toronto (1st-3rd July) - playing under NL rules, ie. no DHs allowed - and this will be the first time since Game 7 of the 1985 World Series @Royals Stadium, where Designated Hitters won't be used in an AL stadium.
I never would have guessed that without resorting to cheating.

And why should they have to "make it up"? It wasn't the Jays fault that the stupid G20 was going on! I disagree with that decision.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
And why should they have to "make it up"? It wasn't the Jays fault that the stupid G20 was going on! I disagree with that decision.
It's a 'make up' to Toronto, to compensate the Blue Jays and their fans for losing out on three home fixtures this season - only 78 games were played @Rogers Centre in 2010.

In 2011 it sounds like the plan is to move a three game series from Citizens Bank Park to Rogers Centre - but to even things up the Phillies will be hosts and the games will be played under National League rules.

Therefore the Blue Jays should play 84 regular season games @Rogers Centre next year.
Old 11-09-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It's a 'make up' to Toronto, to compensate the Blue Jays and their fans for losing out on three home fixtures this season - only 78 games were played @Rogers Centre in 2010.

In 2011 it sounds like the plan is to move a three game series from Citizens Bank Park to Rogers Centre - but to even things up the Phillies will be hosts and the games will be played under National League rules.

Therefore the Blue Jays should play 84 regular season games @Rogers Centre next year.
That may be true, but I dislike watching pitchers hit. I remember what happened to the Yankee's pitcher a few seasons ago during Interleague play. Wang got hurt running the basepaths and he was never the same pitcher after that. Yankee or not, I don't want to see anyone get hurt...except maybe A-Roid. Maybe he can get a hemorroid or something.

With the Leafs sucking big time, I cannot wait for baseball to start up again. At least the Jays show up on the scoreboard!
Old 12-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Smc, I am honestly surprised that you didn't make any mention about the Red Sox signing Carl Crawford!
Old 12-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Wow! If this is true, the Phillies are going to be a great rotation next season! And I would much prefer him going to the Phillies than the damned Yankees.

From tsn.ca:

(since it is just a Report, it isn't a full article yet. I'll post more as it comes.)

REPORT: CLIFF LEE REACHES PRELIMINARY DEAL WITH PHILLIES

NEW YORK -- A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press that Cliff Lee has reached a preliminary agreement on a contract with the Philadelphia Phillies.

According to the New York Post, the deal is worth more than $100 million over five years.

The deal is subject to the 32-year-old left-hander passing a physical, the person said late Monday night on condition of anonymity because the agreement was not final.

The New York Yankees and Texas Rangers received telephone calls Monday night telling them they were out of the running, two separate people familiar with those team's negotiations said, also on condition of anonymity.

Earlier this week, MLB.com reported that Lee has passed on signing with the Washington Nationals, who, along with the Rangers and Yankees, were considered the only serious suitors in the Lee sweepstakes.

He was a combined 12-9 with a 3.18 earned-run average for Seattle and Texas last season. Lee was 7-0 with a 1.26 ERA in eight career post-season starts before twice losing to San Francisco in the World Series.
------

AP Sports Writer Rob Maaddi contributed to this report.
Old 12-14-2010

Quote:
Wow! If this is true, the Phillies are going to be a great rotation next season! And I would much prefer him going to the Phillies than the damned Yankees.

From tsn.ca:

(since it is just a Report, it isn't a full article yet. I'll post more as it comes.)

REPORT: CLIFF LEE REACHES PRELIMINARY DEAL WITH PHILLIES...
Big surprise to see him back in Philadelphia. What a great rotation for 2011.
@mlb.com:
A five-year contract with a vesting option for a sixth year - the deal in the $120 million range.
That's gonna stretch the Phillies budget.
I wonder what it will mean for pitchers like Blanton, Kendrick, etc., and also the non-pitching staff? Who will leave Philly?
Old 12-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Smc, I am honestly surprised that you didn't make any mention about the Red Sox signing Carl Crawford!
I've been waiting to provide a fuller assessment of what the reconfigurations of teams look like after Lee, Pavano, et al. are signed -- rather than just rubbing the Gonzalez and Crawford signings in.
Old 12-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Big surprise to see him back in Philadelphia. What a great rotation for 2011.
@mlb.com:
A five-year contract with a vesting option for a sixth year - the deal in the $120 million range.
That's gonna stretch the Phillies budget.
I wonder what it will mean for pitchers like Blanton, Kendrick, etc., and also the non-pitching staff? Who will leave Philly?
Werth has already left(I wonder if he is wondering "Why did I do that?" now?). Their main issue last year wasn't pitching, it was their offense(which disappeared in the playoffs). Cliff Lee helps their already imposing pitching staff, but their offense is still the same(except for the departure of the aforementioned Werth). Will the Cliff Lee signing ultimately help them win the World Series? Only time will tell I guess.
Old 12-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

With Lee back in Phillie Blanton's days are numbered not because he isn't a decent pitcher but because he's now expandable and i can see him packaged out for some power in thier offense
Holiday, Oswalt, Lee and Holmes all four of these guys tend to go at least 7 or 8 innings witch means a lot less worries of the bullpen blowing games next year

Last edited by transjen; 12-15-2010 at 11:54 PM.