Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 10-14-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

eliogabalo is infamous around these partseliogabalo is infamous around these partseliogabalo is infamous around these parts
Default Favorite Writers / Books ?

Who're your favorite writers ? And the most beautiful books you've read ?
My favorite authors are L.F. Céline, John Fante and Charles Bukowski. The most beautiful books "Mort à crédit" of L.F. Céline and "Ask the Dust" of John Fante. Another wonderful book is "Lolita"of V.Nabokov.
Old 10-15-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Excaliborg will become famous soon enoughExcaliborg will become famous soon enough

favourite author is terry pratchett.

the most enchating novel i read is the emporer of scent. best of all its a true story.

other wonderous works include the adventures of tintinand the tales of asterix and obelix
Old 10-19-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

mykel73 will become famous soon enoughmykel73 will become famous soon enough

Terry Brooks is my favorite author.
Old 10-19-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to BlueRaven88
i dont read anymore. last book i read was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when i was like 11 or something. theres just no good fantasy novelists out there that can hold my attention anymore. besides, with all the time i spend on my computer id have no time to read anyway. i love technology too much to do anything as primitive as read a book
Old 10-25-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

cocklover has a spectacular aura aboutcocklover has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein.
Old 11-03-2007
Junior Ladyboy Lover

tightship is on a distinguished road

im a sucker for fantasy

some favs are:
george rr martin - song of fire and ice series. hbo is gonna make this into a series and i cant wait. hbo does such a good job with its original programming. if you like fantasy and you have not read martin you need to.

robin hobb - assassin's apprentice through fool's fate. six book series. outstanding, outstanding series.

robert jordan - wheel of time series. probably second to only lords of rings as far as popularity goes. VAST plot and a VAST amount of characters. i think the series is up to 12 or 13 books long now. one more book to go to finish the series. unfortunately, jordan just died.

i like many others but there is 3. martin and hobb are favorites.
Old 11-03-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts
Default My library

C.S Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia. I loved them as a child and so they'll always stick with me.
Robert Howard, Conan the Barbarian. This character was around since the early 1930's and first appeared in Wierd Tales. A kind of magazine. Conan has been around ever since in many forms but Howard's original stories are gripping and laced with social commentary. They were written in a fashion you don't see anymore.
Frank Herbert, Dune. Heavy read but awesome.
H.P. Lovecraft, Poe has nothing on this guy.
I also read Star Wars and Forgotten Realms novels. A bit of a childish indulgence.
Otherwise the bulk of my library is WW2 history, art books, and other historical works.
Old 11-19-2007
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Mimecore is on a distinguished road

I don't exactly an avid reader, although I do like to read.

If you put me on the spot, I have to say I'm a fan of John Steinbeck and Sam Shepherd. The latter helped me get through a dreadful acting class I thought would be fun.
Old 05-20-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

wendals can only hope to improve

My best writer is J.R.R Tolkin. I like how much effort he put into designing the languages and the backstory to middle earth
Old 05-23-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

reddyheart is on a distinguished road

I liking the dark tower of Stephen King and, of course, the books of Dan Brown.
Old 05-26-2008
St. Araqiel

Tom Clancy (Executive Orders, Rainbow Six, Teeth of the Tiger)
Carl Hiaasen (Tourist Season, Double Whammy, Native Tongue, Strip Tease, Stormy Weather, Lucky You, Basket Case, Nature Girl)
Eric Nylund (The Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx)
Old 05-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

giancarlo is infamous around these parts

I also don't have much time for reading, though it's a very pleasant and relaxing activity. But hey!, we are living in the century of speed - the TV and the interent are much more effective...
Old 05-28-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

fem-fem is on a distinguished road

Melanie Hong - "my Life as Ladyboy"
Roger Roche - "Notice from Bangkok"
Vanity - "Vanity, one women,two bodies"
Shilapaar Noortekapsa - " FemBoys" vol I and II
Old 05-28-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

HP Lovecraft (Call of Cathullhu, etc)
Neil Gaiman (Sandman, American Gods)
Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time series)
Old 05-28-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

belfagar can only hope to improve

Douglas Adams

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. and the 5 set in the trilogy.
Old 05-28-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Kurt Vonnegutt - Best writer ever, his best books are slaughterhouse 5 and Mother Night. Mother night is particularly dark and twisted.

Phillip K Dick - Brilliant sci-fi author, some of his short stories are the best. of course the brilliant A Scanner Darkly is one of the best.

Terry Pratchtt - YAY!! Everyone loves PTerry! keep fighting that Altzheimers TP. All his discworld books are wickedly funny, pick any and just read. It's usually best to pick one near the beginning of a story arc, but there's no need to know what happened in the last ones. Also, his 2 scifi books 'dark side of he sun' and 'Strata' are very good too. If you've read Ringworld, you should totally read Strata, it totaly nails RW if you know what I mean, very funny.

I used to like Michael Crichton's books. Jurrassic Park and Lost World were great, so was Congo but his new stuff is a bit shit. Especially State Of Fear. it's bloody awfull, disparate elements, shit characters, shit plot, it held together about as well as the story I wrote in year 8 English.

Oh my! I totally forgot, You Must By Law or you will be Beaten With Sticks go and read the His Dark Materials trillogy, by Phillip Pullman.

Best fantasy series ever. Go read Northern Lights (Golden Compass for you unfortunate yanks), it totally rules. If only they hadn'y fucked up the film damn christian-appeasment.
Old 05-28-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

lopey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
Kurt Vonnegutt - Best writer ever, his best books are slaughterhouse 5 and Mother Night. Mother night is particularly dark and twisted.
Tiger gotta hunt, bird gotta fly, man gotta sit and wonder:

"why, why, why?"

Tiger gotta sleep, bird gotta land, man gotta say:

"I understand"

Old 05-28-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about

Ian M. Banks (Superb Sc Fi and amazingly complex)
Consider Phlebas
The Player of Games
T. H. White (King Arthur and Merlin Mythology)
The once and the future King
The sword in the stone
Joanne K. Rowling(Woohooo Harry Potter!! Magic!)
All the Harry Potter books.
Carlos Castaneda (Philosophy, Nagual and Don Juan)the Best
Fire from within
Art of Dreaming
Journey to Ixtlan
2nd ring of Power
Old 05-28-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna,
I like your article about authors. Its very detailed.
May be I will read 'Dark side of he sun' and 'Strata' by Terry Pratchtt , as you have mentioned. I'm pretty much into sci-fi.
Old 05-29-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

seems to be a common thread...

Lots of sci-Fi fantasy here... hmmmm
Old 05-29-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
Tiger gotta hunt, bird gotta fly, man gotta sit and wonder:

"why, why, why?"

Tiger gotta sleep, bird gotta land, man gotta say:

"I understand"

Of course, how could I have forgotten cat's cradle? Bokonism is the best religion after Pastafarianism.
Old 07-10-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

marlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the rough
Default 10 good books

1) "The Talented Mr Ripley", Patricia Highsmith. Great novel about identity. The Matt Damon film version is crap, the French version "Plein Soleil" with Alain Delon is better.
2) "The New York Trilogy", Paul Auster. Good elusive stories.
3) "What Am I Doing Here", Bruce Chatwin. Stories and travelogues of the beautiful and bizarre.
4) " Martin Beck series", Sjowall and Wahloo. If you're into detective fiction this series of 10 novels is the best.
5) "Have Mercy on Us All", Fred Vargas. Whacky detective stuff in Paris.
6) "Contempt", Alberto Moravia. Novel about the precarious nature of love.
7) "Let it Come Down", Paul Bowles. Novel about continual rain and other things.
8) "From the Holy Mountain", William Dalrymple. Good book if you're interested in Byzantine history and eastern christianity.
9) "Winnie-the-Pooh", A.A.Milne. Taoist philosophy from a bear, a piglet, and a donkey.
10) "Foxy Dreamy, Yes Indeedy", Stephanie Gabrielle Talbot. Kids stuff for grown-ups.
Old 07-13-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

fionahavelock will become famous soon enough

The Monogamy Myth, a personal handbook for dealing with affairs by Peggy Vaughn.... whooaaa...
Old 07-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Dan Brown- Da Vinci Code
( This book displays the uncanny power of good writing and research to make bullshit palatable.)

Swami Yogananda- Autobiography of a Yogi
(Great writing, but also a bit biased at certain places)

Swami Rama- Living with the Himalayan masters
(Superb, Top notch, un-put-downable
It describes the lifestyle of Yogis living in the Himalayas)

Paul Brunton- A search in secret Egypt
(Its a very interesting research work; never vexing at any point.
It also describes some really wierd things.)

Last edited by sesame; 07-13-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-13-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Dan Brown- Da Vinci Code
( This book displays the uncanny power of good writing and research to make bullshit palatable.)
That is so very true although I didn't find the bullshit all that palatable. It made me start to gag after a while.
Old 07-13-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite author of fiction would be Robert Ludlum. My favourite book from him is The Parsifal Mosaic. In my view it is a true masterpiece of intrigue.

Another favourite author is James A. Michener. He has written some truly interesting books, both fiction and non fiction.
Old 07-13-2008
Shecock obsessed

Default More About Books and Authors

Another favourite authore is Shakespeare. Although he wrote plays and not books I think he is one of the greatest wordsmiths of the English language. I was not interested in his works at first, but then I had an English teacher, many years ago, that really explained what was being said and provided great insight to his works. Since then I have gained a deep appreciation for his writings.

I like mostly history books. I also like fiction in which historical facts can be woven into the story of the fictional characters.

Books on the military are another favourite, but I prefer to read the stories of the common soldier.

I'm not too fond of biographies or autobiographies, but there are some that I will read.

I must not forget one of my favourite reference sources. I like to read encyclopedias. It was a habit I developed when I was very young and these many years later I still read them just for general interest.
Old 07-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila
Shakespeare ... ...I was not interested in his works at first, but then I had an English teacher, many years ago, that really explained what was being said and provided great insight to his works. Since then I have gained a deep appreciation for his writings.
Ila, why dont you start a new thread about Shakespeare? Or, you could explain what is being said by Shakespeare in lucid terms...

Pleeeeeeeeease!
Old 07-13-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Loki is on a distinguished road

Clive Cussler, Stephen King, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, James Rollins, Dan Brown
Old 07-13-2008
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Ila, why dont you start a new thread about Shakespeare? Or, you could explain what is being said by Shakespeare in lucid terms...

Pleeeeeeeeease!
I appreciate the thought Sesame, but I'm not sure where I would even begin.
Old 07-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Hmmm... hook me up with some Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum or Len Deighton, and then I'm totally happy. I can't brag about being particularly "litterate".
Old 07-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
My favourite author of fiction would be Robert Ludlum. My favourite book from him is The Parsifal Mosaic. In my view it is a true masterpiece of intrigue.

Another favourite author is James A. Michener. He has written some truly interesting books, both fiction and non fiction.
Hehe, The Parcifal Mosaic... that's where I got my nickname ;-) And I kid you not :-)
Old 07-13-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

victornl is on a distinguished road

I think i've read all the Michael Crichton books, i really like his writing style.
For the rest i read mostly (action) thrillers
Old 07-17-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ShemaleFan_UK is on a distinguished road

My favourite author is Isaac Asimov and my favourite books by him are the books in the "Foundation" series.

Another favourite book is "I Will Fear no Evil" by Robert Henlein.
Old 07-18-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

kraken111 can only hope to improve
Default I Like.........................

HP LOVECRAFT - EDGAR ALLAN POE - CLIVE BARKER
Old 07-18-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I'm not a big fan of fiction, I find that I read philosophical works more often than not...That said...

I much prefer the stylings of Nietsche...While I don't agree with all of his assertions, his style of writing and acessibility is second to none within the world of philosophy...

I also like the works of Castaneda, Ram Dass, and others...

In terms of fiction, I have MUCH respect for Tolkien and all of his works, I own everything he has ever written. Along a similar trend, I much respect the work of C.S. Lewis and his writings.
Old 07-20-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

barbecue7 is on a distinguished road

hey bionca, i love robert jordan too, he is who really got me into fantasy, i also like terry goodkind and terry brooks and a number of others, have any other favs?

Last edited by barbecue7; 07-20-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2008
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
"The Talented Mr Ripley", Patricia Highsmith. Great novel about identity. The Matt Damon film version is crap

I KNEW there was a great book behind that movie, Hollywood has to dumb it down for a bigger box office.

Honorable mention: LeCarre- Smiley's People
Book I've bought like 4 times: Hesse- Glass Bead Game
Nicest surprise in High School: Fitzgerald- Great Gatsby

In college I took a test and it had the weirdest question- "Who is the best writer in Western Civilization?" I shook my head and wrote William Shakespeare, and kept on working. A few minutes later, a student raised his hand in the middle of the test and said "What kind of stupid question is this, doesn't it depend on interpretation and personal taste who's the best writer?"
The Professor answered "There is one writer who is so head and shoulders above all the others that 10 out of 10 literary experts agree that he is the best writer"
At least I got one right.

Last edited by jimnaseum; 07-20-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enoughTheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enough

Fiction:
Contact - Carl Sagan
2001: A Space Odyssey - Arthur C Clarke
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Snow Falling On Cedars - David Guterson
A Passage To India - E M Forster

Some Non-Fiction:
Cosmos - Carl Sagan
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Moab Is My Washpot - Stephen Fry
Last Train To Memphis: The Rise Of Elvis Presley - Peter Guralnick
Old 07-20-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

One of my all-time favorite lines about books was from Steve Martin who said in a comedy routine (as I recall the line): "Oh yeah, I love to read! There's nothing like sitting down and enjoying a great book! And let me tell you, MOBY DICK was fantastic. At the end...when Ahab's rope gets tangled and he's tied to the whale...and the camera pans over to Gregory Peck as they sink into the sea...man, that's just great writing."

Personally, my all-time favorite would be Edgar Rice Burroughs, creator of Tarzan and John Carter of Mars among other things or someone like E.E. "Doc" Smith and his intergalactic Lensmen series. I just have a soft spot for old school pulp adventures because back in the Thirties and Forties it was adventure on a more innocent and grand scale of exuberance, a time where anything seemed possible both then or for the future.

For horror, Clive Barker...For fantasy, like everyone else, Tolkien or Lewis or Rowling...I loved early Crichton when he blurred science more with a fantastical note (Jurassic Park seems to have been his high point). And then there are always case by case books -- like "A Tale of Two Cities" -- which are classic in nature and you just have to love or something silly like "Meg" about a 200 foot shark on the loose which just makes for fun, doofy reading plopped on the couch.
Old 07-21-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Big_Willie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken111 View Post
HP LOVECRAFT - EDGAR ALLAN POE - CLIVE BARKER
My favourites too. If I had to name one favourite book, maybe I'd say Weaveworld from Barker, a really amazing book.

But I also like other great writers, like Dean R. Koontz, Robert Merle or Umberto Eco for example.
Old 07-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

my favorit authors are hunter s thompson, john steinbeck charles bukowski, charles dickons, fyodor dostoyefski, jack kerouack, f scot fitzgerald, george orwell william s buroughs and alot more i cant name now.

some of my favorit books are, fear and laothing in las vegas by hunter s thompson, junky by william buroughs, money by martin amis, ham on rhy by charles buckowski, great expectations by charles dickons 1984 george orwell on the road by kerouack, of mice and men and the grapes of wrath by steinbeck the cathcer in the rhy by j d salenger
and many other fine piece's of literature
Old 08-05-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

noshy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Nick hornby:about a boy and high fidelity
Old 08-23-2008
rhythmic delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
Of course, how could I have forgotten cat's cradle? Bokonism is the best religion after Pastafarianism.
pastafarianism is that a spelling mistake or some sort of pasta based religion
Old 08-23-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

nmlss will become famous soon enough

I love Edgar Allan Poe's short terror tales and Neil Gaiman. I'm searching for Coraline after the movie premiere, because I wanna read the book first.
Old 08-29-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

FoxySarah will become famous soon enoughFoxySarah will become famous soon enough

I'm a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, and other authors who contributed to the Mythos.

David Farland is another favorite for his "Runelords" series of fantasy novels.

Michael Crichton is a favorite fiction/science fiction author, as is Douglas Adams

And to further prove how much of a geek I am: I enjoy reading Marvel Comics.
Old 08-29-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Frank Herbert's Dune, and the later Dune books.

H.P Lovecraft. Though in small doses as his use of language could be a bit troublesome at times.

Robert Howard, the creator of Conan the Barbarian. Excellent adventure tales.

Military history texts:

Field Marshall Rommel and His Art of War. Very good book written by Rommel himself. The lessons in it can be applied to beyond the battlefield.

Steel Inferno, the Battle History of the 1st SS Panzer Division

Band of Brothers, it was a book too. Excellent read.

Various military field manuals.

Last of the Mohicans

Schindler's List

Star Wars Novels

Ranger Rick's Dinosaur Book...a childhood favorite

Space Station 7th Grade...another childhood favorite
Old 09-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

mrtrebus has a spectacular aura aboutmrtrebus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mrtrebus Send a message via Skype™ to mrtrebus

Some of my fave writers are JG Ballard, William Golding, Paul Auster & Arthur Conan Doyle (Im a big Sherlock Holmes fan). One of my fave books that I've read loads of times is Frankenstein.
Old 01-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

orion is on a distinguished road
Default Books ....

OK .. we've had favourite Television shows .. so what sort of Books do people read (when they're not watching Tele) and why do they like them ??

Supplementary to that .. do people prefer reading "the" Book .. or watching the Film or Television adaptation of the Book ?

To start the ball rolling .. I'm into Thrillers, particularly with a Medical/Scientific theme (not Sci-Fi) .. I think I mentioned in another post that I enjoy reading books by an American Dr called Robin Cook ?

I also like Military themed books .. just read one called "Special Forces Pilot" .. written by an old friend of mine about his experiences as a Royal Marines helicopter pilot in the "hush-hush" part of the Falklands War

I also enjoy "Historical" books, both Fiction & Non-fiction .. in particular the Roman & Medieval periods ..

To answer my own "supplementary" .. I prefer reading the Book .. that way the characters "come alive" in my imagination .. and aren't pre-created by someone else ..

So .... over to you .....

Orion ..
Old 01-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

I'm a big fan of TERRY BROOKS love the sword of Shannara series and i also love ANN RICE her vampire novels are great Jennifer