Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 09-09-2013
Junior Ladyboy Lover

john90640 is on a distinguished road
Question Should I Transision? 7 Questions for You

1. If I had a magic button that you could press that would make you wake up tomorrow as a girl, with everyone else understanding you and relating to you as a girl, irrevocably but painlessly, would you press it?

2. Alternatively, if I had a magic button that you could press that would make you wake up tomorrow still as a guy, but without any of the gender issues you've been having, not questioning your gender, and able to live happily as a guy with zero dysphoria, would you press it?

3. If I had both of those buttons, which one would you rather press, all other things being equal?

4. If I had a test that could tell you if you were a guy or a girl, which answer would you be hoping for as you took it? Which way would you try to skew your answers, if you did (consciously or not) try to skew them in either direction?

5. If you washed up on a desert island, by yourself, but with any amount of both male and female clothing, with no hope of rescue but otherwise everything that you needed for a relatively healthy and happy life, would you choose to present as male? female? neither? a mix of the two? one way some of the time, the other way the rest? If for some bizarre reason a lifetime supply of hormones washed up with you as well, do you think you'd take them? What if you washed up with the button from the first thought experiment - in a situation where you were by yourself, would you press it?

6. Let's say I had a test that asked about all of the things, very thorough, and at the end it would tell you, with 100% accuracy, whether or not you were trans. So you take it, and it tells you, "Well, you've got some mild gender confusion, but you're definitely not trans, and you shouldn't transition." How would that make you feel?

7. On the other hand, what if the test told you "Yup, you're definitely trans all right, and you should probably start planning your transition." - how would you feel about that?
Old 09-09-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

7. On the other hand, what if the test told you "Yup, you're definitely trans all right, and you should probably start planning your transition." - how would you feel about that?[/QUOTE]

Do you really need to ask? REALLY !
Old 09-09-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by franalexes View Post
7. On the other hand, what if the test told you "Yup, you're definitely trans all right, and you should probably start planning your transition." - how would you feel about that?
Do you really need to ask? REALLY ![/quote]

It seems like more regular guys think they would like to be gurls.
Old 09-10-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Juicy Cherries will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by franalexes View Post
Do you really need to ask? REALLY ![/QUOTE]

I'd be interested to know if you are aware of any test that you believe sorts out the trans from the non-trans.

I´m very definitely non-trans and I know it. But I haven't actually seen a test that might get this right more often than not.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-10-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Cherries View Post
I'd be interested to know if you are aware of any test that you believe sorts out the trans from the non-trans.

I´m very definitely non-trans and I know it. But I haven't actually seen a test that might get this right more often than not.

Any suggestions?
Try this test:

http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

It has been posted on this site in other threads.
Old 09-11-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Try this test:

I'm sure it has been posted a lot of times on a lot of forums.

Here's what tsroadmap thinks.

"Anne Lawrence states: "I think that both the COGIATI and the Moir-Jessel tests are little more than pseudo-scientific nonsense, and that anyone trying to figure out his or her gender identity issues would be well advised to ignore both."

I agree with this assessment. Because this test takes Brain Sex to be a valid scientific platform upon which to base its premise, it is as flawed at its core as the Brain Sex book is.

For a little comic relief, I recommend taking the DIANATI, a very funny spoof on the COGIATI."

I'm interested in what evaluation someone who has been diagnosed as trans actually went through. I doubt it was Cogiati.

The question is, what is the real test?
Old 09-11-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
I'm sure it has been posted a lot of times on a lot of forums.

Here's what tsroadmap thinks.

"Anne Lawrence states: "I think that both the COGIATI and the Moir-Jessel tests are little more than pseudo-scientific nonsense, and that anyone trying to figure out his or her gender identity issues would be well advised to ignore both."

I agree with this assessment. Because this test takes Brain Sex to be a valid scientific platform upon which to base its premise, it is as flawed at its core as the Brain Sex book is.

For a little comic relief, I recommend taking the DIANATI, a very funny spoof on the COGIATI."

I'm interested in what evaluation someone who has been diagnosed as trans actually went through. I doubt it was Cogiati.

You wrote previously, "I'd be interested to know if you are aware of any test that you believe sorts out the trans from the non-trans."

I guess I should have read more carefully, because by posting the link to COGIATI I implied that I "believe" it does what you ask.

The fact is, I neither believe nor disbelieve. I offered it only because I knew of its existence, and that others have taken it seriously. I cannot vouch for its scientific veracity or credibility.
Old 09-11-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You wrote previously, "I'd be interested to know if you are aware of any test that you believe sorts out the trans from the non-trans."

I guess I should have read more carefully, because by posting the link to COGIATI I implied that I "believe" it does what you ask.

The fact is, I neither believe nor disbelieve. I offered it only because I knew of its existence, and that others have taken it seriously. I cannot vouch for its scientific veracity or credibility.
Thank you.
Old 10-21-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by john90640 View Post
5. If you washed up on a desert island, by yourself, but with any amount of both male and female clothing, with no hope of rescue but otherwise everything that you needed for a relatively healthy and happy life, would you choose to present as male? female? neither? a mix of the two? one way some of the time, the other way the rest? If for some bizarre reason a lifetime supply of hormones washed up with you as well, do you think you'd take them? What if you washed up with the button from the first thought experiment - in a situation where you were by yourself, would you press it?
Apart from the isolated desert island aspect,
this scenario describes the options facing someone who is
considering/in the early days of transition.
With the same decisions to make as well.

Apart from that the important question would be:
Q. If you washed up on a desert island, by yourself, but with no hope of rescue,
what one item of unlimited resource would you take with you?
A. Curry powder.
In a survival situation, on a desert island, you would likely
have to eat all manor of things just to survive.
With curry powder, you can make everything taste like curry.
Plus if you can find an unlimited supply of ice cold lager
(Ideally: Cobra beer or Kingfisher)
then you are pretty much sorted out for life.
Old 10-21-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Try this test:
Or don't.
The cogiati test has no validity in anything outside a pop quiz.
Certainly no scientific basis.
Also it plays to gender stereotypes from, oh, about 1955.

Anyone who uses cogiati for ANYTHING other than idle amusement
is misleading themselves.
DON'T DO IT.
(least not in a way to find out anything about yourself)
Old 10-21-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Gender Dysphoria is self diagnosis based.
Gender Clinicians will use the stuff said by the person, over a period of time.
Consistency.
Look at how the person looks on their future
how they view their past
aspects of gender disconnection
awareness of implications
and consistent in their desire to permanently adopt the opposite gender.
Usually accompanied by the desire for various surgery's
In the case of M2F: SRS, FFS, breast aug, Face hair removal HRT and so on...
Old 10-21-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by john90640 View Post
1. If I had a magic button that you could press that would make you wake up tomorrow as a girl, with everyone else understanding you and relating to you as a girl, irrevocably but painlessly, would you press it?

2. Alternatively, if I had a magic button that you could press that would make you wake up tomorrow still as a guy, but without any of the gender issues you've been having, not questioning your gender, and able to live happily as a guy with zero dysphoria, would you press it?

3. If I had both of those buttons, which one would you rather press, all other things being equal?
This is a difficult conundrum, because it doesn't present the real world options faced by trans. I have certain religio-spiritual views about God and the order of the universe to where I don't believe that "I was born in the wrong body." I just don't believe that God makes mistakes. So perhaps I am supposed to learn something from being transgendered? Maybe there is a purpose to the dysphoria? Would the presence of choices that essentially negate all the difficulty of being transgendered somehow nullify the purpose and point of my life?

Assuming the absence of any negative social ramifications, and assuming that I could retain my current marriage and family life-- I suppose that I would opt for "female" with no regrets. To wipe away any and all vestiges of the male aspect of myself would not disappoint me.

Quote:
4. If I had a test that could tell you if you were a guy or a girl, which answer would you be hoping for as you took it? Which way would you try to skew your answers, if you did (consciously or not) try to skew them in either direction?
A simple look at the genitals is all I need. Does this question somehow relate to the first "magic button" question? BTW, I am very skeptical of any "test"-- regardless of how well designed it might be.

Quote:
Probably a mix, with the operative factor being which clothes were the cleanest. I also would probably not opt to wear short-short mini-skirts if it were a sunny day and I was liable to get sun-burned-- but that has zero to do with gender orientation, and instead is rooted in pragmatism.

I will say that for me, "presentation" is often based in whether or not I have anyone to "present" to. Gender is a societal construct, so in the absence of any society to determine the legitimacy of one's gender-- would it matter?

Quote:
6. Let's say I had a test that asked about all of the things, very thorough, and at the end it would tell you, with 100% accuracy, whether or not you were trans. So you take it, and it tells you, "Well, you've got some mild gender confusion, but you're definitely not trans, and you shouldn't transition." How would that make you feel?
I don't need a test to tell me this.

Quote:
See above.