Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 08-08-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light
Default Da na na na na na na na na na naa BATMAN!

Who's seen The Dark Knight?

If you haven't seen it, go to the cinema now, I don't care what time it is, go an queue up now!

And if you have seen it, why the fuck are you reading this forum instead of building a shrine to Heath Ledger and worshipping at it? Get to it, now!
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Big_Willie will become famous soon enough

Well, it's a good movie but I wouldn't go that far. Heath stole the movie with his performance, true but I wouldn't put him above Jack Nicholson, as Joker both were great in that role, thoug I have to admit, I liked the good ol' Jack a bit more.
And I must say, I like the style of the older movies more, they look more like a comic book movie than the new ones. These feel like "normal" action movies with some weird looking guys using cool gadgets. True, some of the stuff they did in the old movies was too over the top but now the Batman and the comic book feeling isn't there as strongly as before.

But anyway, I enjoyed the movie too, I can recommend it as well. My ranking: 8/10
Though I was sad to see Katie Holmes gone, who was a lot hotter than the new gal, Maggie.
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up This is New!

This Looks so unfamiliar, it feels so much better! No, no, I'm not talking about the film. I'm referring to SS-Anna! Its the first Time she is actually praising someone, she is talking positively about something! Wow! The Dark Knight must have hit her pretty hard!

Well, I like The Dark Knight. But at the same time I like Jack Nicholson's Joker too. He was very weird, charismatic and Twisted as the Joker.
Attached Thumbnails
Jack_nicholson.jpg   Jack_Nicholson_Jo.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

It's true I love Tim Burton's two Batman films, and Nicholson was great as the joker, but well, when Ledger does the how he got his scars bits and the questioning room bit, it's just freaking brilliant.

His hench men are great too "The boss said he'd take away the voices and replace them with bright lights like Christmas"

The only mistake Burton made in the first one is giving the joker too much back story, having the Joker kill Batman's parents was a mistake, I love how Nolan give the Joker no back story, he just appears fully formed in all his bizarre glory, and starts fucking up the city.

I love how twisted the new film is, and the way the Joker keeps fucking batman over, everytime Batman wins one, the Joker fucks him up again.
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Excaliborg will become famous soon enoughExcaliborg will become famous soon enough

the joker, a different class of criminal for sure. and batman's darker presence. made me look behind me once or twice.
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ohhh!! Let's do 'thing's I learned from The Dark Knight'

1) if you are being questioned by the police and the lights are off, it is probably because there is a Batman hiding behind you.

2) In a group of prisoners, it is the big menacing looking black guy who stands quietly for ages that is the good guy. (this is also true in all films)

3) The Joker always has an extra knife somewhere.

4) Gotham police are really shit at looking for bombs. Really shit.

5) Superhero wannabes in Gotham have very little imagination.

6) As always, security at high profile parties is very poor.

keep adding boys...
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Excaliborg will become famous soon enoughExcaliborg will become famous soon enough

you make your own luck

the very best of us are always at risk to become the worst of us
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enoughTheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enough

Heather Ledger is fantastic and makes this movie.

Without him, in spite of the serious story, I think TDK would be a very bland and tepid affair. I have some problems with Nolan's style and sensibilities. For me, the Burton films are vastly superior. Dark wit, expressionist beauty, gothic scale.

Dumb stuff in TDK? How about an attorney punching a guy in court? Or Batman's super fantastical sonar device (I get the little "in joke", though -- i.e. bats use sonar ultrasound)? Or just what the f*ck happens at the party after Batman falls out the window with Rachel? Or Harvey Dent's very exaggerated burns? Lots of silly stuff in the movie, which is a problem given how credible Nolan tries to make it feel.
Old 08-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I don't see what is ridiculous about an attorney punching someone in court when he has just tried to shoot him. If someone tried to shoot you but his gun jammed, wouldn't you do something before he unjams it?

The bit where they try all the crime bosses at once was well funny.
Old 08-10-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkronkDonkey View Post
Or Harvey Dent's very exaggerated burns?
Yeah, I didn't like that either. It didn't look very good for starters and it was just wierd, nothing like the comic books or the previous movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
It's true I love Tim Burton's two Batman films, and Nicholson was great as the joker, but well, when Ledger does the how he got his scars bits and the questioning room bit, it's just freaking brilliant.
I agree about this one, Heath really gave an amazing performance. I didn't pay too much attention to him earlier but after this movie I'll have to check out a couple more from him. If he hadn't died, I'm sure he could've been the "next big thing" in Hollywood. RIP
Quote:
The only mistake Burton made in the first one is giving the joker too much back story, having the Joker kill Batman's parents was a mistake, I love how Nolan give the Joker no back story, he just appears fully formed in all his bizarre glory, and starts fucking up the city.
I love how twisted the new film is, and the way the Joker keeps fucking batman over, everytime Batman wins one, the Joker fucks him up again.
I disagree about the backstory part but it was cool to see Joker just messing with everybody in this movie. Though it was also one of it's faults. Too much attention to Joker and "barely any" screentime for Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Old 08-10-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I don't care that the joker got all the screen time. We can see more batman in batman begins or in the next one, but if you want Joker, well there's not going to be any more now!

I think dent's burns were similar to some of the comic book, but the lack of hair was a bit crap, and the pop eye. Apparently the first look they tried was very realistic, but it grossed everyone out too much.

I loved Dent's transformation tho, from being a hero to a villain.
Old 08-10-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

DL_NL will become famous soon enough

Naah, Batman doesn't do it for me. I did like X-Men a couple of years ago, though.
Old 08-11-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Fight, revive and fight again

Like the Joker and the Batman in the Dark Knight, me and SluttyShemaleAnna would forever be fighting each other. I'm only confused about who is batman, and who is joker among the two of us!
Old 08-12-2008
rhythmic delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkronkDonkey View Post
Heather Ledger is fantastic and makes this movie.

Without him, in spite of the serious story, I think TDK would be a very bland and tepid affair. I have some problems with Nolan's style and sensibilities. For me, the Burton films are vastly superior. Dark wit, expressionist beauty, gothic scale.

Dumb stuff in TDK? How about an attorney punching a guy in court? Or Batman's super fantastical sonar device (I get the little "in joke", though -- i.e. bats use sonar ultrasound)? Or just what the f*ck happens at the party after Batman falls out the window with Rachel? Or Harvey Dent's very exaggerated burns? Lots of silly stuff in the movie, which is a problem given how credible Nolan tries to make it feel.
i like a reliasm in cinema alot but when watching a comic book film i tend to suspend my disbelief. super hero films of this kind are suposed to be over the top.
Old 08-12-2008
rhythmic delivery

yeah much like the first film i thought christian bale was as wooden as ever and the show was stolen by the vilains. whether or not ledger was a better joker than nickelson is hard to say though especialy given heath ledgers untimly demise. i to thought it was a stroke of genius not to have any back story to the joker, made him so much more interesting, my favorit bit of the film was when he burnt his share of the robery. i would like to know the real story of how he got his scars though
Old 08-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I'm sure we would've found out more about him in the sequel. And I don't think Bale was "wooden" in the first one, but I have to say, in this sequel he was just okay.

About realism vs. over-the-top in comic book movies. It depends, realistic approach can work if the material allows it. Like in the X-Men movies, I think they weren't too over the top and it worked, even though the comic books sometimes go way further than that. On the other hand adaptations like 300 or Sin City couldn't/shouldn't be done any differently than they were. And I think Batman could work as a more realistic kind of comic book movie but not like this. They have to show more gadgets, more "cool stuff" and effects. Like others said, this could be an ordinary action flick too if they switched Batman for an other character... So, I hope they'll change some things in the next one.
Old 08-12-2008
rhythmic delivery

i don't know how they are going to do another one, they can't rely do one without the joker, and they definatly can't do it with anyone else playing the joker
Old 08-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

There are a lot of other villains in the Batman comic books, they can pick an other one. I don't think they should stop making Batman movies "only" because of Heath's death. Sure, they'll have to come up with a good explanation why the Joker has disappeared but after that they can make new ones. And maybe after a few years they could try an other actor as the Joker, you know, it's a comic book world, so they should be able to explain why he is different.
Old 08-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery View Post
i don't know how they are going to do another one, they can't rely do one without the joker, and they definatly can't do it with anyone else playing the joker
WHAT???? There's loads of great villans! Doing the joker again would suck, you can't wear a villan out. If they did another one with just the joker agin it would just be a pale imitation of this, even if ledger was in it. There's plenty of batman villains to come yet.

I'd live to see a nasty Riddler, I'd like to see him as a rotten cunt fucking with batmans head, but maybe not as hte next film, when doing a riddler, one must be carefull not to make him a lame Joker rip off. The penguin would be good , flippered or not is the question as always, I think any flippering should be subtle, and well, the crime families story was strong in the first 2 films, the joker pretty much fucked them and burnt all thier money this time, would be great to see the penguin stepping in and taking over as the unquestioned crime lord of gotham.

Getting his umbrellas and penguiny motifs right would be hard tho. Other villans, of course, theres the kitty cat, and one catch the line about the armour, should stop cats, but the catwoman would need another villan to be the really bad one. Of course with the batman wanted by police line, it would end up as a 4 way confrontation between the police, the bat, the cat, and a really bad villian. and i think a cat/penguin hookup would just be Returns all over again.

Riddler would be good tho. A Ridler cat combo would work. Not sure about Ridler and Penguin tho. Could have penguin in the background, soliding up the mobs, penguin likes to make money, not just fight the bat, hes very opposite the joker. Riddler could really fuck with the bat too, get him really nuts.

Of course, there's always Dent. Not confirmed dead. Could break out of Arkham and go crazy on the bat, get his revenge on the city for locking him up and covering up what happened to him. I feel like a proper evil 2 face would be good. A real coin flipper, where he does genuine good on silver and extra evil on black.

Imagine flip, silver, he turns in the crime bosses, flip, black, he busts them out and kills the cops. that would be cool.
Old 08-12-2008
rhythmic delivery

my point was that there was no closure to the joker story, it didn't seem like he was ready to retire to the costa del sol at the end of the movie, so how are they going to explain his absence in the sequel. they cant just not mention it, and any atempt to explain his absence is going to seem pathetic. also any other vilain is going to be be so lame when measured against the joker now. i think it was the fact that he was doing it all for shits and gigles basicaly, that realy set him apart.
Old 08-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Batman films are not related to one another

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery
my point was that there was no closure to the joker story, it didn't seem like he was ready to retire to the costa del sol at the end of the movie, so how are they going to explain his absence in the sequel. they cant just not mention it, and any atempt to explain his absence is going to seem pathetic. also any other vilain is going to be be so lame when measured against the joker now. i think it was the fact that he was doing it all for shits and gigles basicaly, that realy set him apart.
The filmmakers dont really care to explain anything. In the last Joker film with Jack Nicholson, Joker died from a great fall. In the other film Penguin's life came to an end. In the Riddler film with Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones played the part of Two-Face... but in Dark Knight, the history of Two-Face changed! I very much liked Arnold Schwarzenegger in Batman and Robin as Mr Freeze. There was this vamp called Ivy who spread plant poison everywhere. She could be a fitting villain... Uma Thurman played that role.

Anyway, you can consider the Dark Knight as a description of events when Joker was still alive, not as a sequel of the other Batman films. In the same way, more films about batman might come along as separate events totally unrelated to the others that came before.
Old 08-13-2008
rhythmic delivery

all the old batman films ie the ones with michael keaton val killmer and george dudeney in them where a series they followed on from one and other.
batman begins and the dark knight are also a series but seperate from the originals, and as i concider them to be superior to the originals i would have hoped for more films in this current series, but now with heath ledger dead i think its going to be a bit shit that there will be no conclusion to the joker story. and while i agree that some of the other vilains would be quite good i just don't see any of them grabbing the audience's attention quite like the joker.
ps uma thurman as poison ivy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I think you give too much credit to Heath. True, he was shining in this role but you know there are other great actors out there who can also do an amazing job with a proper script. So don't say other villains can't be as good or better than the Joker!

About closure: there are some ways they could do this. For example don't explain anything, maybe say a few words about it, just leave his dissapearance a mistery for some time and maybe a few films later a new actor can jump in to continue or finish that story. I'd like this one a lot.

Oh, and I'd love to see Uma again too, she is so hot!
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

You don't need closure.

Never kill your best villian.

Just look at Dr Who, you always let 1 Dalek sneak out the back door.

The Joker always get arrested and is sent to Arkham asylum, because he is insane. He stays in the asylum for however long he thinks is funny, then he escapes, a few films later, they can have someone else do the Joker, he will be a bit different, but ppl change over time, so it would be ok if they do it well.
Old 08-14-2008
rhythmic delivery

Dr who, is super crap, i wouldn't use it as an example of how to do anything other than be a big pile of cheesy crap that everyone thinks is amazing for some reason.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

But it's still going. Why? cos they keep bringing back their best villain. Look at star wars, they could easily have killed darth vader at the end of star wars, but they had him escape in his tie fighter, thus allowing him to return in empire strikes back. Closure is bad if you want to make a series. And an ambiguos ending is just as good, like with 2 face, no one checked his pulse, or the best comeback ever, Sherlock Homes. Presumed dead, but they never found his body, so he could come back later.

Closure sucks.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Starwars Chronology

Quote:
But it's still going. Why? cos they keep bringing back their best villain. Look at star wars, they could easily have killed darth vader at the end of star wars, but they had him escape in his tie fighter, thus allowing him to return in empire strikes back. Closure is bad if you want to make a series. And an ambiguos ending is just as good, like with 2 face, no one checked his pulse, or the best comeback ever, Sherlock Homes. Presumed dead, but they never found his body, so he could come back later.

Closure sucks.
  1. Starwars (IV) 1977
  2. Empire Strikes Back (starwars-V) 1980
  3. Return of the Jedi (starwars-VI) 1983
  4. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
  5. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  6. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Anna, the first Starwar film ever, had Darth Vader in it. And Most importantly, Vader was in the End of the Starwar story, "The Return of the Jedi" back in 1983; actually it should be Starwars VI, 6th part if you follow George Lucas, the author! They filmed the first chapters of Starwars much later. So, killing Vader in the first parts is out of the question.

Last edited by sesame; 08-14-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
  1. Starwars (IV) 1977
  2. Empire Strikes Back (starwars-V) 1980
  3. Return of the Jedi (starwars-VI) 1983
  4. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
  5. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  6. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Anna, the first Starwar film ever, had Darth Vader in it. And Most importantly, Vader was in the End of the Starwar story, "The Return of the Jedi" back in 1983; actually it should be Starwars VI, 6th part if you follow George Lucas, the author! They filmed the first chapters of Starwars much later. So, killing Vader in the first parts is out of the question.
WTF are you blabbering about?

Fuck episode one fuck Attack of the Clones, fuck the Sith, fuck midichlorians, and fuck computer animated aliens, George Lucas is dead to me since 1989, I would have said 1984, but he does 1 good thing since then, which is Last Crusade, but other than that, he has done solid shit since 1984, I have just 6 words: Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure.

George lucas, you should have died a great men in 1984, when your soul did.

As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 Star Wars movies: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. anything else is just an abomination created by the soulless zombie that was once George Lucas, stumbling about moaning caaaaash caaaaaasshh.

The moment I'm talking about is the destruction of hte first death star, when Darth Escapes. Lucas could have killed Darth, and had closure for the only film they thought they would get to make of Lucas' starwars idea, but he chose to let him escape to fight another highly entertaining day in Empire Strike Back.

Of course the best example of not giving closure is James Bond. It went on for years with Blofeld escaping, no closure allowed, blofeld always escapes, it took several decades before Blofeld was finaly put down hte chimney. Imagine how shit it would have been if he had whacked Blofeld in From Russia with Love.

the Joker is pretty much Batmans nemesis, he can't die, imagine if Sherlock homes had killed Moriarty straight away, that would totaly have sucked.

Last edited by SluttyShemaleAnna; 08-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

FoxySarah will become famous soon enoughFoxySarah will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Star Wars Rant
<.<

>.>

Han shot first.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Anna
imagine if Sherlock homes had killed Moriarty straight away, that would totaly have sucked.
Yeah, that would be the end of all fun. Also consider how sad it would be to kill Holmes himself! Back in my childhood days, I was very sad to learn that Holmes was dead in The Final Problem (in The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes). Phew! Tada! He makes a brilliant comeback in The Empty House(the name of the story was something like that, I'm not so sure). This return story starred a villain who shot revolver bullets with a huge airgun!

Anyway, I dont consider the last 3 Starwar films as bad as you think. In their making Lucas had to think up the childhood and youth of Anakin Skywalker! Thats a really amazing feat. But I must admit that the movies portrayed the emotions poorly. The compiled stories I read from starwars-wiki are much better written. The Darth Side: Memoirs of a Monster is also superb. George Lucas wrote something. Then the Fanbase wrote back. And in the process something fantastic was created. The present starwars volume is written not by Lucas but numerous authors. It rather looks like an epic! And I love the complexity. My most favs are Mace Windu, Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi (in his youth) and Darth Maul (he is blistering!).
Old 08-15-2008
rhythmic delivery

Quote:
WTF are you blabbering about?

Fuck episode one fuck Attack of the Clones, fuck the Sith, fuck midichlorians, and fuck computer animated aliens, George Lucas is dead to me since 1989, I would have said 1984, but he does 1 good thing since then, which is Last Crusade, but other than that, he has done solid shit since 1984, I have just 6 words: Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure.

George lucas, you should have died a great men in 1984, when your soul did.

As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 Star Wars movies: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. anything else is just an abomination created by the soulless zombie that was once George Lucas, stumbling about moaning caaaaash caaaaaasshh.

The moment I'm talking about is the destruction of hte first death star, when Darth Escapes. Lucas could have killed Darth, and had closure for the only film they thought they would get to make of Lucas' starwars idea, but he chose to let him escape to fight another highly entertaining day in Empire Strike Back.

Of course the best example of not giving closure is James Bond. It went on for years with Blofeld escaping, no closure allowed, blofeld always escapes, it took several decades before Blofeld was finaly put down hte chimney. Imagine how shit it would have been if he had whacked Blofeld in From Russia with Love.

the Joker is pretty much Batmans nemesis, he can't die, imagine if Sherlock homes had killed Moriarty straight away, that would totaly have sucked.
i wasn't saying they should have killed the joker i wouldn't have, they didn't know heath ledger would die before sequels could be made. my point is that they can't have another actor playng him in the next film, and the way they deal with the jokers abcence will be cheasy.
here here on the starwars rant though i totaly agree. but i have to say i wish james bond had been killed in the first james bond (most overrated crap ever), like in the scorpio episode of the simpsons. james bond is shit particularly daneil craig, sean connery was ok but all the rest where complete muck
Old 08-15-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery View Post
i wasn't saying they should have killed the joker i wouldn't have, they didn't know heath ledger would die before sequels could be made. my point is that they can't have another actor playng him in the next film, and the way they deal with the jokers abcence will be cheasy.
here here on the starwars rant though i totaly agree. but i have to say i wish james bond had been killed in the first james bond (most overrated crap ever), like in the scorpio episode of the simpsons. james bond is shit particularly daneil craig, sean connery was ok but all the rest where complete muck
hoy hoy hoy bond is the epitome of cool amd all things suave.

and dr who is cheesy yeah but its still awesome. gotta love the theme tune.
Old 08-15-2008
rhythmic delivery

bond is a pretenteous knob, i wish i was a vilain in one of the films, when he was captured. no lazer beams explosives or slow deaths i'd keep it old school i'd just shoot the posh cunt in the face. try escaping from this or making a cheasy quip after a .45 to the skull.
as for dr who i can't believe anyone over the age of five watchs it, it is complete garbage. i actualy tried to watch it when it came back on cuz i liked the guy who played him the one befre david tenant although like him to, but i turned it iff after two minutes as it was such incomprehensibe drivel. and as for the daleks being the best vilains, they are about as threatening as pee wee herman.
Old 08-15-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs up The World Is Not Enough (1999)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service Cool! Great film.
Robert Carlyle was damn good as a fanatic villain in the film.
Also Sophie Marceau as Elektra King... top notch. I loved her character and deception. It was superb. I found the last interaction of Robbie Coltrane with James Bond very interesting too. The way Sophie shot him and tortured Bond... and Robbie shot his last bullet at Bond's Torture gadget as a parting gesture!

The emotions displayed in the scene where Pierce Brosnan (James Bond) kills Sophie (Elektra) are also touching. Oh, and dont you dare forget Denise Richards.
Attached Thumbnails
Bond-mean.jpg   torture.jpg   sophie marceau-elektra king.jpg  

whew.jpg   robertcarlyle.jpg  

Last edited by sesame; 08-15-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 Star Wars movies: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.
I don't like those a lot either. I mean they are good films, like the new ones (though the actor who played the grown up Anakin was so bad, it hurt) but I just never really got into them... I guess the sometimes dumb story and the mediocre acting didn't help.

About closure, I think it can be good. I don't think that Joker is THE best opponent Batman could ever have, the writers can come up with better stuff, I'm sure. I'd love to see Joker again too a bit later but if they decide to stop using him, that's fine too, there are a lot of things they can do.
And I just hate it when writers don't finish a series or a movie properly when they know that will be the last one. I hate it even more when they can't do it because of the studio. I want to know what happens to everyone and want to see every story angle closed, don't leave me guessing.
Old 08-16-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Starwars and Harry Potter

I love every bit of idea incorporated into the StarWars. The whole Jedi and Sith concept is fascinating. Spiritually powerful martial monks! Brilliant! But as with the filming of all great themes, there are limiting factors. It becomes very difficult to translate the scifi imagery into reality. The short duration of a movie also forces the director to omit various details. So the final outcome of a great story often cannot match up with the novel.

Take for example the Harry Potter films. The first two were great... they were thin books. But from the third book, the volume of the novel began to grow and the subsequent movies bagan to suck. I think the last three books should each be divided into two movies. Also the Dumbledore in the first movie had Charisma, they made a fatal mistake in changing him in the later films. The new Dumbledore is a stupid, rickety, bearded hag!

In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
Richard Harris successfully played the role of Albus Dumbledore. In my opinion, he is the perfect man for the job.
But in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
This most important character (Dumbledore) was given to Michael Gambon. Just look at the dumb cartoony figure! I dont hate Gambon, but he is not the right actor for this role.
Attached Thumbnails
Dumbledore-8.jpg   Michael Gambon Dumbie.jpg  

Last edited by sesame; 08-16-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The way they will deal with the Joker's absence, is they won't mention it. The cops caught him at the end of the last film, it's quite clear he's in Arkham Asylum. Everyone know's that's where the Joker goes. If they have him come back, they can have Harley Quinn bust him out, or he can escape in whatever manner amuses him the most. As always.

The Sith are just stupid. In Starwars Vader wasn't a Sith, he was a Jedi, just a bad Jedi, when he's in hte death star control room, they say he's hte last Jedi, and take the piss out of his religion, before he chokes that other guy. This whole Sith bullshit was just dumb, 'Oh I thought hte Sith were extinct' WTF? you dumb bastard, any Jedi can go to hte dark side, that's the whole point right? Silly sausage.

As for the fucking midichlorians, what's wrong with "I feel the force is strong with this one"?

Oh and Big Willie, it has been proven beyond doubt, that the Joker is the best Villian batman has ever had, time and again, in every format. Comics, cartoons, cheesy TV series, more comics, more cartoon, films, there have been hundreds of villians, and no one has come up with a better one than the Joker. He's just so fucked up. There's nothing worse than a man who has no motive at all. He doesn't want money or power or revenge on anyone, the Joker just wants to have a laugh, he only kills people to entertain himself, he thinks its funny and that's the only reason he needs, can you get a more fucked up and dangerous man than that?

And oh yes, Han shot first, he blasted that green twat's nuts clean off before he knew what has hit him! What a rotten bastard eh?
Old 08-16-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Also the Dumbledore in the first movie had Charisma, they made a fatal mistake in changing him
Fatal may just be the right word. Richard Harris died.
Old 08-16-2008
rhythmic delivery

Quote:
There's nothing worse than a man who has no motive at all. He doesn't want money or power or revenge on anyone, the Joker just wants to have a laugh, he only kills people to entertain himself, he thinks its funny and that's the only reason he needs, can you get a more fucked up and dangerous man than that?
yeah that reminds me of a great line from the big lebowski

the dude- "they aren't nazzi's, they are nihilists. they don't believe in anything"

john goodman charechter- "fuck man. thats worse, say what you will about the tenats of national socialism, but at least its an ethos"
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by =SS-Anna
The Sith are just stupid. In Starwars Vader wasn't a Sith, he was a Jedi, just a bad Jedi, when he's in hte death star control room, they say he's hte last Jedi, and take the piss out of his religion, before he chokes that other guy. This whole Sith bullshit was just dumb, 'Oh I thought hte Sith were extinct' WTF? you dumb bastard, any Jedi can go to hte dark side, that's the whole point right? Silly sausage.
As for the fucking midichlorians, what's wrong with "I feel the force is strong with this one"?
I dont know why you hate all things that are good and popular, Anna, perhaps you like to take the opposition "stance"! Anyway, if you cared to read about Starwars in greater detail, you would have known that Anakin Skywalker became apprentice to Sith Lord Darth Sidious (Palpatine). The Sith Lord named him Darth Vader. Any Jedi can turn to the dark side, yes, there is a chance; but any Jedi cannot become a Sith apprentice. According to the Rule of Two started by Darth Bane, at any single moment, there can be only One Sith Master and One Sith Apprentice in the universe. Interesting Sith Philosophy.
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I dont know why you hate all things that are good and popular, Anna, perhaps you like to take the opposition "stance"! Anyway, if you cared to read about Starwars in greater detail, you would have known that Anakin Skywalker became apprentice to Sith Lord Darth Sidious (Palpatine). The Sith Lord named him Darth Vader. Any Jedi can turn to the dark side, yes, there is a chance; but any Jedi cannot become a Sith apprentice. According to the Rule of Two started by Darth Bane, at any single moment, there can be only One Sith Master and One Sith Apprentice in the universe. Interesting Sith Philosophy.
Pls find a mention of the word 'Sith' from the 70's... Does anyone say it in the real 3 films? oh, they don't. Fuck retconns

Oh and I think you will find I am with the majority, you are with the minority. More people liked the first starwars than the new ones.

1. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
2. Star Wars (1977) $460,935,665
3. The Dark Knight (2008) $451,888,386
4. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
5. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
6. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $423,032,628
8. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375
9. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) $380,262,555
10. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) $377,019,252

And that's not inflation adjusted! Inflation adjusted, Starwars would be way ahead, how much was a cinema trip in the 70s?

Even more damning, forget how much people spent, look at the rankings

top 250 movies of all time on IMDB

9. 8.8 Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

12. 8.8 Star Wars (1977)

109. 8.2 Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

None of the new films make the top 250.

Try this, ask someone for a starwars quote, it will be ''Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope'' Or ''Luke, I am your father'' ''Use the force luke!'' ''laugh it up fuzzball!'' ''Do not underestimate the POWER of the dark side'' Those are all off hte top of my head, I can't think of a single cool quote from the new ones, and neither will anyone else. other than ''Meesa Jar Jar binks, Meesa gunna annoy the shit out of you!''
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Starwars

Last 3 films added some really valuable content to the backgrounds of Darth Vader, The Emperor (The Sith Lord Darth Sidious), Obiwan Kenobi. They gave the first 3 films some deeper meaning.

The Emperor (Sith Lord Darth Sidious) or Chancellor Palpatine:
The cool conspiring villain!
I was especially fascinated to see the massacre of the Jedi masters by the clone army, initiated by Chancellor Palpatine. How he had planned it all from the beginning; converting the old Jedis to the dark side, planning a clone army, (which is much easier to control & manipulate) and rising to political power, destroying the Jedi order. Brilliant conspiracy. He plays with the Federation and with Anakin Skywalker like puppets! He lets Anakin rise in power and confidence, cuts off his hand in duel with the help of his apprentice Count Dooku, a former Jedi master. Then he lets Anakin kill Dooku in another combat, pushing him over to the dark side by encouraging his anger and desire for revenge. Finally when Jedi master Mace Windu almost kills Palpatine in duel, Anakin intervenes and helps him to kill Mace, thereby sealing his fate as a Sith. Anakin can no longer remain a Jedi, as he is now a traitor. Palpatine converts Anakin into a Sith Lord and takes him as his apprentice then and there, leaving him not a chance to repair the damage. He then orders Anakin to kill all young Jedi students and the weak links to the Sith chain. Without giving the Jedi any time to recover, he initiates a secret code Order 66, which triggers the clone army to eliminate all members of the Jedi order by surprise. Publicly he vilifies the Jedi and claims total power from the hands of the Federation. You will find all this in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The Great Jedi Purge.

But there is a serious flaw in the film. They devoted very little time to build up the character of Jedi Mace Windu. They should have, for the story behind him is brilliant. He developed Vaapad and was the best lighsaber duelist ever. Also, there should have been more substance on Palpatine's dark side. The film-makers spent all the time on the sticky love affair between Anakin and Padme Amedala. Or they wasted precious resources building funny side-kick alien characters.

Finally Anna, I was not talking entirely about the 6 movies. I was also referring to the fabulous buildup of Jedi-Sith information written by novelists like Drew Karpyshyn who contributed very interesting details about Darth Bane and the Sith order. Also works like Jedi vs Sith have added new dimensions to the Starwars concept. The movies are but a narrow slice of the Starwars world, the tip of the iceberg.
Attached Thumbnails
Palpatine sith.jpg  

Last edited by sesame; 08-17-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Last 3 films added some really valuable content to the backgrounds of Darth Vader, The Emperor (The Sith Lord Darth Sidious), Obiwan Kenobi. They gave the first 3 films some deeper meaning.

The Emperor (Sith Lord Darth Sidious) or Chancellor Palpatine:
The cool conspiring villain!
I was especially fascinated to see the massacre of the Jedi masters by the clone army, initiated by Chancellor Palpatine. How he had planned it all from the beginning; converting the old Jedis to the dark side, planning a clone army, (which is much easier to control & manipulate) and rising to political power, destroying the Jedi order. Brilliant conspiracy. He plays with the Federation and with Anakin Skywalker like puppets! He lets Anakin rise in power and confidence, cuts off his hand in duel with the help of his apprentice Count Dooku, a former Jedi master. Then he lets Anakin kill Dooku in another combat, pushing him over to the dark side by encouraging his anger and desire for revenge. Finally when Jedi master Mace Windu almost kills Palpatine in duel, Anakin intervenes and helps him to kill Mace, thereby sealing his fate as a Sith. Anakin can no longer remain a Jedi, as he is now a traitor. Palpatine converts Anakin into a Sith Lord and takes him as his apprentice then and there, leaving him not a chance to repair the damage. He then orders Anakin to kill all young Jedi students and the weak links to the Sith chain. Without giving the Jedi any time to recover, he initiates a secret code Order 66, which triggers the clone army to eliminate all members of the Jedi order by surprise. Publicly he vilifies the Jedi and claims total power from the hands of the Federation. You will find all this in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The Great Jedi Purge.

But there is a serious flaw in the film. They devoted very little time to build up the character of Jedi Mace Windu. They should have, for the story behind him is brilliant. He developed Vaapad and was the best lighsaber duelist ever. Also, there should have been more substance on Palpatine's dark side. The film-makers spent all the time on the sticky love affair between Anakin and Padme Amedala. Or they wasted precious resources building funny side-kick alien characters.

Finally Anna, I was not talking entirely about the 6 movies. I was also referring to the fabulous buildup of Jedi-Sith information written by novelists like Drew Karpyshyn who contributed very interesting details about Darth Bane and the Sith order. Also works like Jedi vs Sith have added new dimensions to the Starwars concept. The movies are but a narrow slice of the Starwars world, the tip of the iceberg.
I just chewed someone out on another forum over the exact same thing.

I'll say very clearly:

Star Wars Expanded Universe is utter shite. It's a load of fucking chum for fanboys who would gobble a fat steaming turd if it had a star wars stamp on it.

Take your Jar Jar Binks and your midichlorians and fucking keep them, no one wants them, they are shite.

We want Luke, Han, Chewwy and Leiha. And Obi Wan is fucking Alec Guinness.

And Anakin Skywalker is Sebastian Shaw, and it's a fucking disgrace to paste that chimpanzee Christensen on top of him. http://rmcantin.blogspot.com/2005/06...pisode-ii.html

Lucas is a twat.
Old 08-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

:D Ah, thats what you think? Thanks for your opinion.
As for me, I just like the complexity of characters, holocrons, Jedi philosophy, Sith conspiracies, the richness of ideas.

And in my world, I have better things to compare with than shit, turd, fuck or twat!
Old 08-18-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
:D Ah, thats what you think? Thanks for your opinion.
No, not just my opinion, the majority of people's opinion. look the the ratings for old vs new.
Old 08-18-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleekShemaleAnna :p
No, not just my opinion, the majority of people's opinion. look the the ratings for old vs new.
Phew, I am so relieved to have escaped with just one line of protest! I thought you would chase me around the website with a mallet!

As said earlier, I was referring not just to a bunch of films but the whole concept. I dont hold any grudge against Hayden Christensen either. He did his best. But I do think that the way in which he cut off Jedi Mace Windu's hand was clumsy and abrupt. One moment he is a good Jedi, the next moment he is a rotten darkling! It doesnt make sense. The change should have been more gradual. After all, it was he who identified Palpatine as a Sith lord and tried to get him arrested. The events escalating to Anakin's conversion to the dark side should have been more detailed. It seemed that they ended the movie in a hurry.