Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I like to check out Hockey Night in Canada just to see what he is wearing.
I'd only heard him but had never seen him. I didn't realize that the jacket/tie combo I saw a short while ago was actually rather tame. A Google search just informed me that he is a consistently frightening dresser and that you, ila, are not alone among people who tune in just to see what he is wearing.

I'm glad I can touch type. I can watch the game without ever looking at the keyboard!
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I'd only heard him but had never seen him. I didn't realize that the jacket/tie combo I saw a short while ago was actually rather tame. A Google search just informed me that he is a consistently frightening dresser and that you, ila, are not alone among people who tune in just to see what he is wearing.

I'm glad I can touch type. I can watch the game without ever looking at the keyboard!
It is quite an action packed game. It looks like we're going to have do shadows job today and keep the site updatedon the game.

smc, did you see Don Cherry when he used to coach Boston? I'm sure he dressed more conservatively back in those days.

I also saw that Don Cherry is predicting that Canada will win today's game 5 -3
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

GOAL!!!

Team Canada 1
USA 0
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Update. 1 - 0 for Canada. Goal scored by Jonathon Toews (of the Blackhawks) with 7:10 left in the third period.

Last edited by ila; 02-28-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
smc, did you see Don Cherry when he used to coach Boston? I'm sure he dressed more conservatively back in those days.

I also saw that Don Cherry is predicting that Canada will win today's game 5 -3
Yes, I meant I hadn't seen him as a broadcaster in Canada. When he was here he was a little bit crazy, but nothing like the jacket I just saw on Google: white with maple leafs all over it.

I think his prediction is off. It's tough to imagine 8 goals being scored in this game. The defensemen on both sides are setting up textbook-style.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Why are there Americans rooting for Team Canada?
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

I see Michael J. Fox is in the crowd at the arena and he's wearing a Team Canada hat.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I don't see how the USA has a chance after the perfect execution of that goal just now.

Canada 2-0!!!
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Maybe that prank caller ought to be put in at goal for Team USA (see my post from last night).
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I don't see how the USA has a chance after the perfect execution of that goal just now.

Canada 2-0!!!
That was an excellent goal. There's still 1 1/2 periods to go so nothing is wrapped up yet.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That was an excellent goal. There's still 1 1/2 periods to go so nothing is wrapped up yet.
True that. It's now 2-1. I should have been more specific. I meant that if Team Canada continued to play as they were, and if the USA couldn't do anything better than 1-and-done shots on goal during their power plays.

Trying to watch and "blog" at the same time has its limitations.
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
True that. It's now 2-1. I should have been more specific. I meant that if Team Canada continued to play as they were, and if the USA couldn't do anything better than 1-and-done shots on goal during their power plays.

Trying to watch and "blog" at the same time has its limitations.
I missed the goal as I had to leave, but I did hear the noise on tv as I was leaving the room. Now Canada better get down to business if they don't want to lose this game.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I missed the goal as I had to leave, but I did hear the noise on tv as I was leaving the room. Now Canada better get down to business if they don't want to lose this game.
Luongo is starting to look a bit tentative goal, and Ryan Miller seems to be shaking off whatever nervousness he had earlier in the game and is showing the form of the past games in these Olympics. The momentum has, I am sorry to say, shifted to Team USA. The second intermission could not have come at a better time.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Now the game goes to overtime!
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Gold for Team Canada!!

(I lost my Internet connection for a long while.)

What a game! Ryan Miller definitely deserves the MVP award. But what a game. As Mike Millbury said as a commentator for NBC, "If you didn't like that third period then you just don't really like hockey."

And now back to watching my Bruins fail.
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

That game was really intense. The third period and overtime were nailbiters all the way. It was a gold medal game worthy of the name.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Yeah, I couldn't believe the US tied the game with less than 30 seconds left on the clock. Canada then commenced to outshoot the US in overtime.
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
Yeah, I couldn't believe the US tied the game with less than 30 seconds left on the clock. Canada then commenced to outshoot the US in overtime.
I think Canada woke up during the break between the third period and overtime. Overtime was really good, fast, hard hockey. They played the way hockey should be played; skate, pass, and shoot. Crosby's goal was really nice. Miller didn't have much of a chance to stop the puck.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I don't know about the rest of you, but that was just exhausting. I feel like I just competed in a cross-country skiing event! Off to make some dinner.
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but that was just exhausting. I feel like I just competed in a cross-country skiing event! Off to make some dinner.
You'd better have a cold beer to go with that dinner.
Old 02-28-2010
Natalie_J

I don't really pay that much attention to ice hockey normally, but I thoroughly enjoyed that game. If it's all as good as that I shall have to take more notice in future.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Not all games are that close, nor do they usually have so much at stake. That was an exceptionally good game. But then again, as long as the score of a hockey game is within a point or two, anything can happen, and the game can remain exciting. About the only time I snooze through a hockey game is when one team has a runaway lead like 4-0...It's hard for me to stay interested in matches like that. Hockey is a great sport...Easily my second favorite, second only to American Football.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You'd better have a cold beer to go with that dinner.
Thanks, ila, for the suggestion. In fact, I celebrated with a Trois Pistoles, from Unibroue in Montreal. I am a bona fide beer geek, but if someone put a gun to my head and said that I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, that would be the one. And it went down very well with the lingering Sid the Kid goal replaying in my head.

I heard Al Michaels call Crosby the "Gretzky of the 21st century" a short while ago. Thoughts?
Old 02-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
......I heard Al Michaels call Crosby the "Gretzky of the 21st century" a short while ago. Thoughts?
I think it's premature to start making a prediction like that.
Old 02-28-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Canada woke up during the break between the third period and overtime. Overtime was really good, fast, hard hockey. They played the way hockey should be played; skate, pass, and shoot. Crosby's goal was really nice. Miller didn't have much of a chance to stop the puck.
The 4-on-4 rule had something to do with the exciting hockey we saw during overtime. Maybe 4-on-4 is the future of the NHL.

All the expectation on Crosby's shoulders, I suppose it was obvious that he'd score the winner and become a national hero. But he needs at least another 5 years in the NHL and a couple more Stanley Cups before anyone should even start to compare him with Gretzky.

I was out earlier today and had to record the game (set the timer to overrun by 90 minutes to make sure I caught any OT or a shootout). The curse of the dreaded 2-0 lead almost struck again. What is it about not hanging onto 2-0 leads? And finally 2-2 with only twenty-four seconds left, it's more like a Hollywood movie than an Olympic final, though in the movie the USA would've scored the OT goal.

Thankfully today was the first Canada match when my 'favourite' commentator didn't use his "Nash, Crosby but no Stills" joke.
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I think it's premature to start making a prediction like that.
Of course it is! But you know some Americans: they believe that all they have to do is say it, and it will be so. Arrogance knows no bounds!
Old 02-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
The 4-on-4 rule had something to do with the exciting hockey we saw during overtime. Maybe 4-on-4 is the future of the NHL.

All the expectation on Crosby's shoulders, I suppose it was obvious that he'd score the winner and become a national hero. But he needs at least another 5 years in the NHL and a couple more Stanley Cups before anyone should even start to compare him with Gretzky.

I was out earlier today and had to record the game (set the timer to overrun by 90 minutes to make sure I caught any OT or a shootout). The curse of the dreaded 2-0 lead almost struck again. What is it about not hanging onto 2-0 leads? And finally 2-2 with only twenty-four seconds left, it's more like a Hollywood movie than an Olympic final, though in the movie the USA would've scored the OT goal.

Thankfully today was the first Canada match when my 'favourite' commentator didn't use his "Nash, Crosby but no Stills" joke.
I like the 4-on-4 rule, too. It made for an amazing OT.

dauls, you left something out of the Hollywood movie. There would have been some invented connection between Team Canada and either Russian spies or Al-Quaeda. Otherwise, simply beating the team from the north (which, after all, many stupid Americans think is just a very cold part of the USA) wouldn't have been very interesting.

As for the "Nash, Crosby, but no Stills" guy, he needs to spend some time in a jail cell with David Crosby. That would shut him up fast.
Old 03-01-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road
Default Heartbreak

I'm proud of the effort today. No shame on the USA for the effort or the result. Tournament MVP. Youngest team. Well disciplined. The USA will be back to win it in 4 years.

Congratulations to Canada. The best team won. Skill beat will (although they had plenty of will too).

The silver lining is that four Sharks will come back energized and ready to win Lord Stanley's Cup.
Old 03-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post

Congratulations to Canada. The best team won. Skill beat will (although they had plenty of will too).

The silver lining is that four Sharks will come back energized and ready to win Lord Stanley's Cup.
If they are not completely worn out, because there is no rest for the wicked. One game tonight and a full schedule of games tomorrow. Hope you are right about the sharks, but I don't feel near as confident as before the OLympics. The key to the cup is goal tending. Everyone said the sharks choked last year, but the main reason the ducks beat them last year was goaltending. The shark's out shot the ducks in all but one game, but Nabby was not real sharp. I didn't think he played nearly as well all season as he had previously. This year he has been stellar, but the biggest game for him this year against Canada and he is pulled. Makes you wonder if he mentally tough enough. He has had a few bad games this year and has bounced back each time, will see when the real season starts.
Old 03-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

km1 will become famous soon enoughkm1 will become famous soon enough

I love goooooold!
Old 03-01-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I could have sworn I posted that I thought that Canada would win 3-2(I know that I told a fellow guard it would be that score, while he said that it would be 6-1 US...he said that to jinx them even though he has Ryan Miller in his NHL Hockey Pool).

Or perhaps I said that to one of my friends here via PM.

Either way, great game! Both teams played their hearts out and the game could not have been any more exciting! Congratulations to both teams for giving us fans(and our respective countries) a game that was nerve-wracking right to the end.

I will admit that I only watched the third period and overtime(I woke up late...darned midnights!), but it was still worth watching. I cringed when Kane knocked the puck off Crosby's stick during the breakaway(I think that Crosby would have scored if Kane hadn't done that) as I had a gut feeling that the US would tie it up. Darn gut feeling! You cannot fault Luongo on either of the goals(the first was a deflection, and the second had 3 US players in front of him...where the heck was the defense?). They both played well in this game.

I think that Luongo proved that he can be a big-game goaltender after his performance in the Olympics.

One thing I must talk about. I, among many other Canadian fans, have bashed the play of Chris Pronger for this entire Olympics. I will admit that. I will also admit that I admired Pronger during the playing of the Canadian National Anthem after the medals were handed out. Most players sang the anthem, a couple you could tell were nervous about it(they probably are like me, and do not like singing in public), but Chris Pronger was the loudest of them all! You could tell he was proud to be Canadian, and that put a smile on my face. Good on ya, Chris!
Old 03-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I heard it today on the subway, and then again at lunch in a pub, and then from a student at school, and then again on the subway home, and then from a sportscaster on a Boston TV station:

"The Canadians won because they are NHL players."

In almost every case, I pointed out that the entire roster of both teams were NHL players, but for Americans, they have to find an excuse. So out with the logic, and in with the rationalizations. Even completely illogical rationalizations.

One guy said, "Yeah, that's true, but I don't think they should let the NHLers play."

Had Team USA won, I know he would not have had the same opinion.

For the few of you who asked why I (an American) rooted for Canada, this is part of the explanation. Americans! Ugh!
Old 03-01-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Actually I think it's more a case of sour grapes.
Speaking of sour grapes...

From Slam Sports on Canoe.ca.

Pravda questions Canada
Accuse Olympic hosts of cheating

When the Olympic flag was passed on to Russian officials at the conclusion of Vancouver?s spectacular Olympic closing ceremonies, maybe someone should have handed over a few crying towels as well.

Given all the whining coming out of Russia, the host country for the 2014 Winter Games, they probably could have used some.

Having watched its Olympic team underachieve the past two weeks, the lead column Monday in the Russian-based publication Pravda ripped the 2010 Games, even pondering the unsubstantiated accusation that the gold-medal Canadian men's hockey team might have been using performance-enhancing substances.

Said Pravda: "Doesn't it feel great to slam the door behind you as you walk out, stick up the middle finger using the palm of the left hand on the upper right forearm for extra leverage and blow a giant raspberry? That is exactly how it feels as Russia leaves Vancouver after disappointing Games with a question: was the Canadian ice hockey team on drugs?"

Where did that come from? Do the Russians know something that the IOC's drug testers don't? Was there tomfoolery going on while potential Team Canada players were peeing in bottles in the months leading up to arguably the greatest hockey tournament we have ever seen? A little switching of the specimen bottles, perhaps?

If that's the case, we have a question for Pravda: Where?s the evidence to back up those allegations?

Continued Pravda: "The middle finger and the giant raspberry go to the Canadian ice hockey team. Were they on drugs the day they beat Russia so overwhelmingly? These days, and since the USSR's 8-1 thrashing of Canada in the early 80s, Canada-Russia ice hockey games are always very closely fought events and there has not been such a monumental difference between the two sides. Very strange, the more so since the same Team Canada (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean) put in an extremely lacklustre performance against lowly Slovakia and was lucky to reach Sunday's final. And for anyone who is about to be shocked by the question, one supposes it is OK to make cheap and gratuitous references to Russians and doping, but when the ball rolls back home it hurts. Right?"

In the end, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes -- or, in Russian, "????? ????????."

Unless proof of Canadian cheating is provided, we'll stick with the premise that Team Canada crushed Russia 7-3 in the quarterfinal because the Russians were outscored, outhit, outskated, outclassed and outworked.

The stage had been set for Alexander Ovechkin to prove to Canada and the rest of the hockey world that he was the best. Didn't happen. In fact, on the day the gold medal hockey game was held, the only sweat produced by The Great Eight came from participating in the closing ceremonies.

And, by the way, how do you think Alexander The Great feels after watching his rival Sidney Crosby a) beat him in the Stanley Cup playoffs; b) win a Stanley Cup; and b) score an Olympic golden goal on home soil, igniting a coast-to-coast celebration?

All in the span of 10 months.

According to the Pravda column, the entire Russian contingent may have been the target of some fiendish scheme aimed at curtailing their medal count.

"We will never know, will we?" asked Pravda about the potential of the Canadians being on drugs. "We will never know, because the officials at Vancouver predictably did not mete out to the Canadians the shockingly humiliating treatment given to the Russian skier Natalya Korosteleva, asked to produce a urine sample during the break between the quarter-and semi-finals of her event. Had she complied, she would not have had time to enter the semis. And such was the hounding of the Russian athletes that there are rumours many refused to eat for fear their food would be laced with steroids."

Lacing their chow with drugs? Quite the conspiracy theory.

By slagging the Games and the Vancouver area, the Russians are walking on thin ice. Criticize if you like. It?s called freedom of speech. But you certainly are setting the bar higher when the world congregates in Sochi, Russia in 2014.

When you rip others, you expose yourself to be equally slagged. And, after evaluating and dissecting each and every wart of the 2010 Vancouver Games -- even when there didn't seem to be any there at times -- you can bet that any hiccups will be that much more magnified in Sochi.

Especially by many of the so-called experts and observers who considered Vancouver 2010 to be one of the most popular and successful Olympics of all time.

So rather than blame the Russian team for deciding to pull a disappearing act, this "newspaper" chooses to slag the Canadian team instead. Classy!
Old 03-01-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I heard it today on the subway, and then again at lunch in a pub, and then from a student at school, and then again on the subway home, and then from a sportscaster on a Boston TV station:

"The Canadians won because they are NHL players."

In almost every case, I pointed out that the entire roster of both teams were NHL players, but for Americans, they have to find an excuse. So out with the logic, and in with the rationalizations. Even completely illogical rationalizations.

One guy said, "Yeah, that's true, but I don't think they should let the NHLers play."

Had Team USA won, I know he would not have had the same opinion.

For the few of you who asked why I (an American) rooted for Canada, this is part of the explanation. Americans! Ugh!
I could be mistaken, but wasn't the American team made up of all NHL players as well?
Old 03-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
I could be mistaken, but wasn't the American team made up of all NHL players as well?
Yes, that's the point I was making. Read again, and shadows, man, GET SOME SLEEP!
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yes, that's the point I was making. Read again, and shadows, man, GET SOME SLEEP!
Sleep not required, but paying more attention would be a good thing.
Old 03-02-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Pravda questions Canada
Accuse Olympic hosts of cheating
Remember when the Soviet Union and the rest of the old Eastern Block (especially East Germany) were used to winning scores of medals and topping the Medals Table while pumped full of performance-enhancing drugs.

Well their logic follows that the countries who now win the most medals, must be doing today what they were doing in the 60s, 70s, 80s and possibly the 90s. Hence their accusations this week.
Old 03-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Remember when the Soviet Union and the rest of the old Eastern Block (especially East Germany) were used to winning scores of medals and topping the Medals Table while pumped full of performance-enhancing drugs.

Well their logic follows that the countries who now win the most medals, must be doing today what they were doing in the 60s, 70s, 80s and possibly the 90s. Hence their accusations this week.
I've heard that some of the Canadian players were, in fact, pumped full of poutine. Have you seen what that can do to your testicles?
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I've heard that some of the Canadian players were, in fact, pumped full of poutine. Have you seen what that can do to your testicles?
*looks down to see if testicles are full of poutine*

Old 03-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
*looks down to see if testicles are full of poutine*

Hold on a sec. You mean it's not cheese curd and gravy coating those fries?
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Hold on a sec. You mean it's not cheese curd and gravy coating those fries?
Nope.
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Here is the score from the game played on March 1st:

1. Detroit beat Colorado 3-2. A good first game for the Wings, perhaps they are healthy enough to give another run for the playoffs this year(darn). With this win they bumped Calgary out of 8th and took their place.
Old 03-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Nope.
I might have to rethink my opinion of poutine.

Bruins and Habs tonight. I think it will be a letdown after Olympic play!
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I might have to rethink my opinion of poutine.

Bruins and Habs tonight. I think it will be a letdown after Olympic play!
The difference(if Thomas ends up being in net for Boston, that is) is that Thomas is rested as he never played in net for the US, while Halak played in net for Slovakia. So Thomas should theoretically be more rested for tonight's game.

Toronto has Carolina tonight. Oh boy! That should be a real humdinger.

And what's the matter, smc? Didn't you like the taste of my poutine?
Old 03-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Speaking of sour grapes...

Pravda questions Canada
Accuse Olympic hosts of cheating........
(sorry for deleting so much of your quote, shadows, but I did it in the interest of brevity.)

Pravda should be renamed njet Pravda. It was always the organ of the former soviet government and never did live up to its name.

I'd like to know how steroids could be put in the food that only the Russians would get. When there are a few thousand athletes to feed how those that want to put steroids in the food know what any particular Russian would eat and at what time any particular Russian would show up to eat. How also would anyone be able to slip steroids into the food so that only a targeted athlete would get it? It's all just one big case of "penis envy" with a real nice whine to wash it down.
Old 03-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:

I saw a documentary not too long ago about the doping that used to happen to the East German women. A lot of the women who were given drugs were interviewed. The doping on them started when they were still in their early teens and were injected by their coaches, doctors, etc. They were told not to worry because everything was okay. As it turned out everything was not okay and these women are still paying the price in health problems to this very day.
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
(sorry for deleting so much of your quote, shadows, but I did it in the interest of brevity.)

Pravda should be renamed njet Pravda. It was always the organ of the former soviet government and never did live up to its name.

I'd like to know how steroids could be put in the food that only the Russians would get. When there are a few thousand athletes to feed how those that want to put steroids in the food know what any particular Russian would eat and at what time any particular Russian would show up to eat. How also would anyone be able to slip steroids into the food so that only a targeted athlete would get it? It's all just one big case of "penis envy" with a real nice whine to wash it down.
No worries ila.

Did you hear that the President of Russia wants all the people that were in charge of the Russian contingent of athletes to either quit or they will get fired. All of them. That is why I am glad that I live in Canada. Can you imagine if our Prime Minister tried something like that?

And it would take time for the level of steroids they were discovered to have to develop. It wouldn't immediately show up from "contaminated food" like they tried to say. Bullplop!
Old 03-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Did you hear that the President of Russia wants all the people that were in charge of the Russian contingent of athletes to either quit or they will get fired. All of them. That is why I am glad that I live in Canada. Can you imagine if our Prime Minister tried something like that?
Yes, I heard that. I had a good laugh. If anything it will probably force a review of how they can do better for the next winter Olympics, which Russia is hosting.
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yes, I heard that. I had a good laugh. If anything it will probably force a review of how they can do better for the next winter Olympics, which Russia is hosting.
I have a feeling the 2014 Olympics are going to be a cluster.

(too many egos involved)
Old 03-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I have a feeling the 2014 Olympics are going to be a cluster.

(too many egos involved)
It should be interesting. The site is near a war zone. Having said that though I would like to be able to attend those games. The Caucasus is a very interesting area and the scenery I've heard is something else.