Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 01-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Devils 2-0 Panthers

Shutout #108 for Brodeur on Wednesday night in the Devils 2-0 win against the Panthers.

Although the Devils have followed their last four shutouts with bad losses. And next up for the Devils on Friday are the Habs.

shadows, tough break for the Leafs in OT against Tampa on Thursday.
Old 01-22-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I guess the only silver lining I can take from that game is that I got a total of 7 points(3 for Stamkos, 3 for Lecavalier, and 1 for St. Louis) for my hockey pool. I am pissed that they blew another lead, though. I am liking that they are at least getting the first goals now. Earlier in the season, they were always playing from behind!

Now if only they could hold on to their leads...

----------------------
----------------------

Ila, what do you think of Montreal getting rid of George Larroque(sp?)? I think he added a measure of toughness to Montreal and that they will sorely miss that if they make it to the playoffs(as they have a lot of small guys on that team). Look at what happened to Carey Price the other night for example!
Old 01-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Ila, what do you think of Montreal getting rid of George Larroque(sp?)? I think he added a measure of toughness to Montreal and that they will sorely miss that if they make it to the playoffs(as they have a lot of small guys on that team). Look at what happened to Carey Price the other night for example!
I was quite surprised, although maybe I shouldn't have been. He has scored only one goal this season. The newspapers out here are calling him the reluctant enforcer as he's only been in four fights this season. I would think that that makes him a better player as I don't like fighting in hockey.

I think that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that the fans haven't been made aware of. I'm sure though that if Laracque signs with another team that we'll hear more from him about what went on. I'm sure we'll also hear some rebuttals from Gainey if that happens.

I don't think that Montreal will miss him too much. He was good for public relations events, but he wasn't producing on the ice. What Montreal will miss most is not being able to fill the roster spot until Laracque's contract is up.
Old 01-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadiens 3-1 Devils

Quote:
Shutout #108 for Brodeur on Wednesday night in the Devils 2-0 win against the Panthers.

Although the Devils have followed their last four shutouts with bad losses. And next up for the Devils on Friday are the Habs.
ila

Following the shutout another Devils loss, conceding three goals on 24 shots. The Devils defence is blowing hot and cold at the moment.
Old 01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
ila

Following the shutout another Devils loss, conceding three goals on 24 shots. The Devils defence is blowing hot and cold at the moment.
Name:  d'oh.gif
Views: 65
Size:  2.1 KBFilling in what I left out of the above post:

Name:  clap.gif
Views: 65
Size:  702 Bytes Congrats on the win ila Name:  bowdown2.gif
Views: 67
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 01-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Hey, friends, sorry I haven't been posting in this forum. But, as a Bruins fan, it's just so damn depressing.
Old 01-24-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Hey, friends, sorry I haven't been posting in this forum. But, as a Bruins fan, it's just so damn depressing.
Um...you're talking to a Leafs fan here, so I hear you loud and clear(and feel your pain!).

Also, I apologize for being behind on the reports. I promise I will catch up on Monday.
Old 01-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

I just have to beat shadows to this one.

Montreal 6
Rangers 0

It was Halak's third shutout this season.

Yes, it's happy dance time.
Old 01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post

Montreal 6
Rangers 0

Four second period goals for the Canadiens in eight and a half minutes, that had to be pleasant viewing.

Now the Canadiens have joined the Flyers in the top 8 in the Eastern Conference. Are both teams hitting form as the regular season enters the final 30 games?

At least my Devils bounced back from Friday's 3-1 defeat to the Canadiens with a 4-2 win at the Islanders, Parise scoring the equaliser on the Devils ONLY shot of the 2nd period.
The Devils need to score more goals, they're only the 11th highest scorers in the East, it puts too much pressure on the #1 defence.
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Montreal 6
Rangers 0

At least Gaborik didn't use his face as a punching bag in this one.
Old 01-25-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
At least Gaborik didn't use his face as a punching bag in this one.
Thanks, shadows. I almost pissed myself laughing when I read this.
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thanks, shadows. I almost pissed myself laughing when I read this.
No problem.
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

The decision on how long Patrice Cormier has been rendered. This article is from tsn.ca.

CORMIER SUSPENDED FOR BALANCE OF QMJHL SEASON AND PLAYOFFS

The verdict is in.

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies forward Patrice Cormier was suspended for the balance of the season and the playoffs by the QMJHL on Monday.

Cormier, 19, created a firestorm of media attention last week when he elbowed Mikael Tam of the Quebec Remparts in the head, sending Tam into convulsions on the ice and causing him to be taken to hospital with brain trauma and broken teeth.

Chief disciplinarian Raymond Bolduc called the hit "dangerous and unacceptable" after laying out the punishment on Monday.

The incident occurred in overtime of a game on January 17. Cormier took to the ice to start his shift, cut through the centre ice area and threw his right elbow up into Tam's face. Tam then collapsed, his body shaking until he was taken off the ice on a stretcher by medical staff and players.

Cormier, who was playing in just his third game with the Huskies, was suspended indefinitely by the league pending further investigation.

The hit generated a massive amount of discussion in Canada, drawing the ire of head shot critics from the hockey world. The day after the incident, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie took to his Twitter account, writing, "This Cormier elbow is sickening on so many levels. I have never been so discouraged about the game of hockey as now."

The league announced last Wednesday that it would be unveiling "disciplinary measures" the following Monday for Cormier, who was serving as the captain of Canada's world junior team no more than a few weeks ago.

This suspension also comes just four days after the OHL suspended Windsor Spitfires forward Zack Kassian for 20 games for delivering a charge against a vulnerable player who did not have the puck. That hit was on the Barrie Colts' Matt Kennedy back on January 14th.

Bolduc had spent recent days looking over testimony from players, officials and team representatives who witnessed the incident.

He added on Monday that Cormier would not allowed to play in any leagues under Hockey Canada's jurisdiction, but that he had five days to appeal the suspension if he wished to do so.

Cormier is not allowed to play for the Devils or their AHL affiliate until his QMJHL team is eliminated from the playoffs.

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said the organization would respect the QMJHL's ruling.

"We will honour the league's suspension, have not considered, and will not explore other avenues for his return this season," Lamoriello said in a team release. "We are pleased to hear Mikael Tam is doing well. Our thoughts are with him for a full recovery."

Lamoriello said the Devils organization does not condone Cormier's actions but also defended the player they picked 54th overall back in 2008.

"This unfortunate incident does not reflect the character of the Patrice Cormier we know," added Lamoriello. "We trust that Patrice will have learned a valuable lesson that will serve him well when he returns to hockey as a valued player in our organization."

Meanwhile, Tam is now out of hospital but is waiting to hear whether he'll be able to resume his hockey career in the near future, if at all.

-----------------------------------------

I think that is a good start, but I honestly feel that he should have been suspended for an entire year at least. That means NO hockey at all. The way it stands now, he can play for either the New Jersey Devils or their AHL affiliate next season. Meanwhile, Tam may never play again.

So like I said, it's a start but not as much as he deserved.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Here comes another big one! I'm going to try and make these more frequently to prevent crazy ones like this in the future.

Here are the scores from Jan 19th's games:

1. The Rangers crushed Tampa Bay 8-2. Can this be true? The Rangers scoring more than 2 goals? Marion Gaborik had 4 assists in this game. He must have known that his punching bag debut was coming so he wanted to get some points while he could still see the puck.

2. Philadelphia beat Columbus 5-3. While Columbus is not a great team to say the least, a win is a good thing for Philly. It seems like everything is falling into place for them now, which is a good thing.

3. Washington beat Detroit 3-2. I read an article today that said that Detroit is near the bottom of the league with goals scored. Considering all the firepower they had last year it was a shock to read that!

4. Atlanta beat Toronto 4-3. I am really getting sick and tired of this song and dance. Win one game, lose one game, win one game, lose one game! Damn it! Can you PLEASE win more than one freaking game in a row?!?!

5. Ottawa beat Chicago 4-1. Ottawa is playing very well right now, while the Blackhawks are stumbling around a little. It seems that since the 6-5 shootout loss to Minnesota a while back(where Chicago originally had a 5-1 lead!) they have been a totally different team than what they were earlier in the season. I am sure they will turn it around but they need to hurry up! Vancouver is hungrily eyeing their spot.

6. Pittsburgh beat the Islanders 6-4. This was an amazing game for Pittsburgh's offense! Malkin had a hat-trick and Crosby had 2 goals and 4 assists! 6 points! That's a pretty good night! This was the game that helped Crosby get back into the points-leader race.

7. Anaheim beat Buffalo 5-4. Anaheim had a 4-0 lead after the first period, and they almost blew it! If they hadn't scored that 5th goal in the third, they probably would have lost. Anaheim is playing quite well right now, and they could be a force to be reckoned with if they make the playoffs.

8. San Jose beat LA 5-1. I would have thought with the two teams involved to have a closer game. However, once San Jose had a 3-0 lead, it would be quite a hill for LA to climb up. LA had outshot San Jose 37-24, but it did them no good.

All games ended in regulation this night. A rarity to say the least.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 20th's games:

1. New Jersey beat Florida 2-0. Not a hard game for Brodeur this night, as they only allowed 22 shots to get to him. Their offense has been a little weak the past little while, and they are relying entirely too much on Brodeur to bail them out. Elias is needed, and they are probably hoping he will be back soon.

2. St. Louis beat Montreal 4-3 in overtime(so much for two nights in a row where all the games end in regulation). Montreal came back from being down 3-1, so they were able to at least get a point out of it. They also outshot St. Louis 38-28, so that is another good sign. I wish the Leafs could at least start getting points, then we could all be happy.

3. Vancouver beat Edmonton 3-2 in overtime. Edmonton just keeps finding ways to lose. As bad as the Leafs are, at least they are not this bad. Yikes! Henrik Sedin had 3 assists and Daniel Sedin had 1 goal and 2 assists. They are an excellent duo on the ice. They have helped Burrows to have an excellent year as well.

I don't want to run out of room again, so I will continue this in my next post.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 21st's games:

1. Columbus beat Boston 3-2. Columbus won again, and came back from a 2-1 deficit. Boston is reeling right now, and they are not playing very good hockey at all. They can say it is injuries, but Ottawa and Montreal had lost more man-games to injuries than Boston, and they have managed to play well and remain in the top eight. Lucic receiving a high-stick double-minor in the last two minutes of the game pretty well gave the game to Columbus.

2. Ottawa beat St. Louis 3-2. Don't look now, but Ottawa is climbing up the standings. I honestly don't think they'll get very far in the playoffs(if they end up making it at all), but at least they seem to be playing good hockey right now.

3. The Islanders beat Florida 2-1 in the shootout. Both teams had over 30 shots apiece, so it wasn't a snooze-fest like the score would suggest. Both goalies played well from the looks of it.

4. Philadelphia beat Gabor....I mean the Rangers 2-0. The Rangers really took it on the chin in this one, as did Gaborik. For some reason that only Gaborik will ever know, Gaborik dropped the gloves and challenged Dan Carcillo to a fight. As Jennifer can attest to, Carcillo is a "tough guy" on Philly, and easily won the bout. To add insult to insult(as Gaborik's only injury was to his pride) the Rangers lost 2-0! Another shutout loss for them!

Here's another fact about this game. The Ranger players on the ice, knowing that it was their STAR PLAYER about to get pummelled, chose to just stand around picking their noses rather than intervene! He is your star player, you idiots! Take a penalty if you have to, but you've got to protect him! What would happen if you lost him for a significant amount of time due to him breaking his hand on either Carcillo's helmet or his face made of rock? I am not even a Rangers fan, and I call that gutless! PROTECT HIM!!!!

At least Philly won.

5. Carolina beat Atlanta 5-2. This one wasn't even close. Eric Staal had a had trick in this one. Considering what a dismal season he was having before getting hurt, it is amazing how well he's playing now. He will help Team Canada for sure!

6. Tampa Bay beat sad-sack Toronto 3-2. This...is...pathetic. Toronto at least got a point, but these are games that they NEED to win! Argh! Anybody want a bandwagon-jumper on their team for the remainder of the season? I don't cost a lot, and I'm housebroken.

7. Washington beat Pittsburgh 6-3. This game was tied 3-3 at one point, and then Pittsburgh fell apart in the third period. Even though this was touted as a "rivalry" it didn't really seem that way to me. Neither Ovechkin or Crosby got into it, and there really weren't that many penalties in the game. Much ado about nothing, it looks like!

8. Detroit beat Minnesota 4-3 in the shootout. Minnesota rallied from down 3-1 but could not finish the comeback. The shootout went 8 rounds.

9. Phoenix beat Nashville 4-2. Nashville had a 2-1 lead going into the third period, but Scottie Upshall decided to take matters into his own hands and scored a hat-trick to give Phoenix the win. Nashville outshot Phoenix 43-23 but could not get the victory.

10. Chicago beat Calgary 3-1. A cure for the losing blues? Play Calgary and get a victory. Calgary is really struggling to score goals right now, and tonight was another example of this. They only had 20 shots on net, and that won't cut it the majority of the time(sometimes you can win with that tally, but not often).

11. Vancouver beat Dallas 4-3. Vancouver is on a roll! Not a lot of chances for either team(both had 23 shots), but they still managed to find some offense.

12. LA beat Buffalo 4-3 in the shootout.

13. San Jose beat Anaheim 3-1. If San Jose can play like this they have a very good chance to win the Stanley Cup. The big question is whether or not this will be the team that shows up in the playoffs, or if it will be a repeat of years past.

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 22nd's games:

1. Montreal beat New Jersey 3-1. The offense for the Devils looked to have disappeared again, but that is not the only reason they lost. Halak played well in net, again. I wonder if they really will trade him at the deadline, or if they will try to trade Price instead?

2. Colorado beat Nashville 2-1. Will Colorado be the Dark Horse pick for the Stanley Cup this season? It certainly looks like that could be the case.

3. Dallas beat Edmonton 4-3. This was a heart-breaker for Edmonton. They tie the game late from a puck bouncing off the Dallas player's leg, and then give up the winning goal 39 seconds later. Edmonton just continues to find ways to lose. Lottery pick for them?

Another big night of hockey coming up, and I don't want to run out of room so this concludes this one. Part 3 coming up.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 23rd's games:

1. Ottawa beat Boston 2-1. The hits keep coming for the Bruins. They are spinning their wheels right now, and it seems they are getting deeper and deeper as time goes on. Jason Spezza scored his 6th goal after returning from an injury that kept him away for a long time.

2. Philadelphia beat Carolina 4-2. Even though the Flyers will lose their next game to Pittsburgh, they are now in 6th place in their Conference! I told you not to give up on them yet, Jennifer. I do have some good advice from time to time.

3. Montreal hammered the Rangers 6-0. This was ugly folks. Ugly like Gaborik trying to fight Carcillo! Cammalleri had 4 points in this one(2 goals and 2 assists). Lundqvist got yanked after Montreal scored 4 goals in about a 6 minute span(give or take a few seconds). This was also the second game in a row where the Rangers were shutout! Their offense is pretty bad! No fights for either Gaborik or Avery in this one, which is probably a good thing for them.

4. New Jersey beat the Islanders 4-2. I thought for a little while that this would be like the previous game for the Devils(have a 1-0 lead and then not be able to score another goal the rest of the game), but they proved me wrong! They picked up their pace and took the victory.

5. Washington beat Phoenix 4-2. Closer game than you might think, as the fourth goal was an empty netter. Ovechkin got the cherry-picker goal.

6. Florida beat Toronto 2-0. Toronto lose? No! It can't be! They never lose! Oh wait. They never win! That is what I meant to say. At least Wilson said that Gustavsson is now the #1 goalie for the rest of the year. It should have been like that since the start of the season. Bandwagon jumping sounds good this time of the year.

7. LA beat Detroit 3-2. Detroit blew a 2-0 lead in this one. I don't think you would see that happen last season, or at least not with as much regularity as it happens this season.

8. Tampa Bay beat Atlanta 2-1 in the shootout. *snore* Wh...? Oh, hello there. Yep. This was a snoozefest.

9. Anaheim beat St. Louis 4-3 in the shootout. St. Louis had a 3-0 lead and they gave it away(they really should not be taking lessons from the Leafs).

10. Minnesota beat Columbus 4-2. Columbus losing again. Are they back to their losing ways?

11. Vancouver beat Chicago 5-1. Wow. Vancouver is looking good right now, and Chicago(besides the Calgary game) is looking rather ordinary. Goal-tending woes for the Blackhawks? Not good for the playoffs if that is the case. Henrik Sedin had 2 goals and 1 assist and Daniel Sedin had 1 goal and 2 assists. Man, I wish they were on the Leafs. What a duo!

12. San Jose beat Buffalo 5-2. Honestly, I was expecting Buffalo to be more of a challenge to the Sharks. They had Miller in net, but that did not make a difference.

-------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 24th's games:

1. Pittsburgh beat Philadelphia 2-1. This was a weird one. Arron Asham of the Flyers accused Matt Cooke of Pittsburgh of biting his finger. What makes this all the more bizarre is that Scott Hartnell(of the Flyers) was accused of biting the finger of a Pittsburgh player last year(I can't recall who's finger he is accused of chomping on like a Chicken McNugget). Weird game full of penalties. I guess these two teams don't like each other very much.

2. Carolina beat Boston 5-1. Boston had a bad night in net, and they could not score again! I can just imagine how frustrated smc is right now(you thinking of doing a bandwagon jump for the rest of the season too, my friend?)

3. Colorado beat Dallas 4-0. Anderson was stellar in net for the Avalanche yet again. He's a good one!

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 25th's games(I'm finally caught up! Yay!):

1. Pittsburgh beat the Rangers 4-2. At least the Rangers scored a goal tonight. Since Gaborik signed up to be a test subject in Carcillo's Head-Club For Men project, he has had 0 points. Maybe he is a little shaken up?

2. St. Louis beat Calgary 2-0. Calgary's offense was absent again. If this happens much longer, they will be expelled for prolonged truency.

3. Vancouver beat Buffalo 3-2. Both Henrik and Daniel Sedin had 2 points in this one. They are flying right now!

Two nights in a row with all games ending in regulation! Can we go for three in a row tomorrow? Looking at the games that are on tap, all signs point to "Not A Chance".
Old 01-26-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.....3. Vancouver beat Edmonton 3-2 in overtime. Edmonton just keeps finding ways to lose. As bad as the Leafs are, at least they are not this bad. Yikes! Henrik Sedin had 3 assists and Daniel Sedin had 1 goal and 2 assists. They are an excellent duo on the ice. They have helped Burrows to have an excellent year as well.
Edmonton only needed to find one way to lose and they managed that quite well. They have Pat Quinn who is doing to Edmonton what he did to Toronto.
Old 01-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

MEATLOAF said it best 2 outta 3 ain't bad
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-26-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.......6. Tampa Bay beat sad-sack Toronto 3-2. This...is...pathetic. Toronto at least got a point, but these are games that they NEED to win! Argh!
It is indeed sad losing to a sunbelt team. Is there a priest around that can exorcise the ghost of Harold Ballard?

Quote:
Anybody want a bandwagon-jumper on their team for the remainder of the season? I don't cost a lot, and I'm housebroken.
You may jump on the Montreal bandwagon, but be prepared to eat a lot of pea soup.
Old 01-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Carolina beat Boston 5-1. Boston had a bad night in net, and they could not score again! I can just imagine how frustrated smc is right now(you thinking of doing a bandwagon jump for the rest of the season too, my friend?)
Never, never, never.
I will, obviously, choose teams to root for other than the Bruins when the playoffs begin, assuming the Bruins don't make it (a fairly safe assumption right now), but a "bandwagon jump"?!?!

That is the equivalent in Boston of being a "pink-hat" Red Sox fan.
Never, never, never.

(Ask me what the pink hat is all about if you're interested.)
Old 01-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:

Never, never, never.
Oh come one i love the pink hats and would be happy to wear one even tho i'm a Phillies fan
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
MEATLOAF said it best 2 outta 3 ain't bad
Jerseygirl Jen
And they could have won all three. Pittsburgh played well and Fleury was back in net(and back to his old self, and by that I mean the goalie he was earlier in the season when he was good).

I honestly like Philadelphia's chances to make it to the playoffs now(maybe I found my bandwagon team for the rest of the season?). They got through that horrible stretch of bad games and recovered rather than fall further down(which I had honestly thought was going to happen a while back!) and now they are in 6th place in the Conference!
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It is indeed sad losing to a sunbelt team. Is there a priest around that can exorcise the ghost of Harold Ballard?

You may jump on the Montreal bandwagon, but be prepared to eat a lot of pea soup.
I was gonna give you some Rep for that pea soup comment(I got a good laugh from that), but I have to spread it around first. I figured I would let you know that I liked the comment, though.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Never, never, never.
I will, obviously, choose teams to root for other than the Bruins when the playoffs begin, assuming the Bruins don't make it (a fairly safe assumption right now), but a "bandwagon jump"?!?!

Never, never, never.

(Ask me what the pink hat is all about if you're interested.)
I was only saying that in jest. Of course us true fans never bail on our team no matter what, and we will be their fans until the day we die(which will probably be a long time and I'll be old and gray by the time the Leafs win...but I digress).

I will also choose a team to root for once the playoffs hit(because, let's face it, there is NO chance the Leafs are going to even have a sniff of the playoffs this season).

And even though Jennifer could wear a pink hat(and look very beautiful in said hat), I have to inquire what you mean by that pink hat comment. I don't think I've ever heard it before.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Here is a post I have to make. Believe it or not, Patrice Cormier is appealing his suspension rather than taking it like a man. Gutless. He (and his team) are calling it too "excessive". Excessive? What the are they talking about? The only thing excessive about all this was his elbow! I hope they turn around and give him a longer suspension now!

The article is below and it is from tsn.ca.

HUSKIES PLAN TO APPEAL CORMIER'S SEASON-LONG SUSPENSION

Patrice Cormier will not accept his suspension by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League after all.

The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies said Tuesday they will appeal the suspension handed Cormier for his hit to the head of Quebec Remparts defenceman Mikael Tam.

Coach and general manager Andre Tourigny said on a conference call that the suspension for the rest of the season and the playoffs was "excessive."

"He could serve up to 48 games, that's too much," Tourigny added.

Later, Cormier read a short statement to The Canadian Press over the telephone. It said:

"I respect the decision of the QMJHL even if I find it too severe. I deeply regret the circumstances surrounding this event and I wish Mikael Tam a speedy and full recovery. Thanks for your attention."

He declined to answer questions on the decision.

Earlier Tuesday, the Huskies centre had seemed to suggest he had accepted the league's ruling in statement released through his Halifax-based agent Tim Cranston.

"I fully respect the Quebec Major Junior League's decision regarding the Mikael Tam incident," Cormier said in that statement. "I deeply regret the circumstances surrounding this event and wish Mikael Tam a speedy and full recovery."

A spokesman for the QMJHL said in an email that the league had no comment on the appeal and added it had yet to receive the appropriate paperwork. No date for a hearing has been set and Cormier will remain suspended during the appeal process.

The league gave one of the longest suspensions in its history to Cormier on Monday for his hit in a Jan. 17 game that sent Tam into convulsions and left the 18-year-old with brain trauma and several broken teeth.

Cormier, who served as captain of Canada's team at the world junior championship, had already served two games and is to miss the Huskies' 18 remaining regular season games, plus the playoffs.

The 19-year-old New Jersey Devils prospect had a five-day window to appeal.

Tourigny called Cormier's hit "regrettable" and that the team accepted that it deserved "severe" punishment, but that the league went too far.

The Huskies were gunning for a league championship and participation in the Memorial Cup tournament and made a handful of trades in the January dealing window to bolster their roster with experienced talent.

Among them was a trade with the Rimouski Oceanic to land Canadian junior team players Cormier and Jordan Caron in exchange for two 17-year-olds and a package of draft picks. They also acquired defenceman Steven Delisle and forward Antoine Quevillon from other clubs.

Cormier was in only his third game with the Huskies when the hit on Tam took place.

Video of the ugly hit has been replayed numerous times over the past week. On the play, Cormier came off his team's bench and caught Tam with an elbow in the neutral zone, sending the Quebec defenceman into convulsions.

Tam spent two days in hospital with head trauma before returning to Quebec City last week.

Old 01-26-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
[COLOR="Navy"][B]Here is a post I have to make. Believe it or not, Patrice Cormier is appealing his suspension rather than taking it like a man. Gutless. He (and his team) are calling it too "excessive". Excessive? What the are they talking about? The only thing excessive about all this was his elbow! I hope they turn around and give him a longer suspension now!
This is true bull. It was a deliberate premeditated hit. Cormier is lucky that I don't have a say in his punishment or he would be sitting in a jail cell right now for assault. His intent was to injure Tam and he used a weapon that he knew would accomplish long lasting effects. He is a coward and his team management are cowards. I have no respect whatsoever for him nor for his team. I hope the QPP investigation results in charges of assault against Cormier.

Play hockey dammit. Don't assault players and quit whining!!!!!!

Yes, I'm pissed. I'm more than pissed really. It's goons like Cormier and the gutless management of his team that are ruining hockey.

Last edited by ila; 01-26-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
This is true bull. It was a deliberate premeditated hit. Cormier is lucky that I don't have a say in his punishment or he would be sitting in a jail cell right now for assault. His intent was to injure Tam and he used a weapon that he knew would accomplish long lasting effects. He is a coward and his team management are cowards. I have no respect whatsoever for him nor for his team. I hope the QPP investigation results in charges of assault against Cormier.

Yes, I'm pissed. I'm more than pissed really. It's goons like Cormier and the gutless management of his team that are ruining hockey.
I don't blame you Ila, you have every right as a hockey fan(and human being) of being pissed over this. We see it every day as well when criminals are let off easily in Canada(justice? What a pipe-dream, eh?), and can it be any different in sports? Actually, it can...thank goodness. He can appeal, but that doesn't mean anything. They can say "Tough shit(well, I am paraphrasing, but you know what I mean), you take your punishment like we say you're going to take your punishment, coward!" if they want to. I think the judgement will stand, to be honest. They basically have to if they want to have any respect from most hockey fans.

He is a coward and I hope they actually give him more time this time.
Old 01-27-2010
Dark Overlord

*grumble* *grumble*

What a lousy night of hockey. Ugh.

Here are the scores from Jan 26th's games:

1. LA beat Toronto 5-3. Might as well start the report off with a stinker. The Leafs played like they weren't even interested out there. Disgusting! The only good thing about this game is that Niklas Hagman got his 19th and 20th goal. The rest? Garbage.

2. Washington beat the Islanders 7-2. The weird stat about this game is that even though Washington scored 7 goals, Ovechkin was held without a point. That does not happen very often, especially when so many goals are scored by Washington.

3. Atlanta beat Anaheim 2-1. Anaheim held a 35-34 shot advantage, which shows that the low score doesn't mean it was necessarily a boring game. Anaheim's offense was stymied again.

4. Columbus beat Nashville 3-2. Columbus had a 3-0 lead at one point and almost coughed it up. Nashville got the 2 goals but could get no closer. Columbus managed only 17 shots the entire game, while Nashville had 31 shots. Amazingly, Mason played fairly decent in net for Columbus(shades of last year).

5. Phoenix beat Detroit 5-4 in overtime. Well, so much for going three straight nights with all games ending in regulation. At least this was the only game to do so this evening. Detroit actually had a 4-2 lead until the last two minutes of the game! They allowed Phoenix right back into it, and they scored a goal at 18:30 and 19:37 to tie it all up. Detroit is not known for coughing up leads like this, but of course they are doing lots of things this season that they weren't known for in recent years.

Of note, Niklas Kronwall(defenseman) returned to the Red Wings after missing many games with a knee injury. He was held pointless and was a -1 for the night. He played 21:57, which is a lot of time to play for a first game back from a long-term injury!

6. Ottawa beat New Jersey 3-0. What is with the Devils not being able to score lately? Not a good night for anyone on the team, Brodeur included. New Jersey outshot Ottawa 24-18 which would make for quite a boring game to watch. Plus, Ottawa scored 3 goals off 18 shots which shows that Brodeur was not overly sharp. Lately, it seems that the Devils are either getting shutout victories or losing by getting shutout. It is puzzling to say the least.

7. Florida beat Montreal 2-1. This was a bad one. Montreal only managed 17 shots on net, while allowing 29 for Florida. Halak kept them in the game, but their offense has gone back to their bad habits from earlier in the season. The shot tallies of 6/4/7 are not going to win very many games.

8. Chicago beat Edmonton 4-2. Wow, now here is a team that you DON'T want to play when you are struggling! That being said, Edmonton did play them and the end result was pretty much what everyone was expecting. 11 game losing streak now for Edmonton. Ugly.

So, not a good night for Ila, dauls, or myself. I keep thinking to myself that the Leafs cannot get any worse, and then they play an absolute shit-fest like they did last night. Disgusting, just freakin' disgusting.
Old 01-27-2010
Dark Overlord

Click image to open a larger version of hockeyfight.gif. Views: 3.

Old 01-27-2010
Dark Overlord

Ila, there may be a little bit of a battle going on with your team!This is from tsn.ca.

REPORT: CANADIENS' MARKOV CALLS OUT PRICE AFTER LOSS TO BLUES

Things may not be well in the Montreal Canadiens' dressing room with a report that Andrei Markov and Carey Price had words following their 4-3 overtime loss to the St. Louis Blues last Wednesday.

According to the TEAM990 radio in Montreal, Markov approached the goaltender after the 4-3 loss in overtime and told him "If you are not going to play with heart, stay home. We don't need you here."

The radio station's account also stated the dressing room was split with some players coming to Price's defence and others siding with Markov.

The Canadiens had no comment on the report.

Price is expected to get the start against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night. The 22-year-old has a 11-16-4 record with a 2.73 GAA and .913 save percentage this season.

Personally, I don't think that the goaltending is the problem for the majority of Montreal's losses. Scoring 1 or 2 goals or getting just 17-20 shots is the main culprit. Prices stats aren't horrible by any means. Our goaltending is weak, not Montreal's. That being said, our defense is quite porous at times and leave the goaltenders out to hang in the wind. That is a problem that Montreal suffers from time to time as well.

Maybe Markov should look at his glass house that he lives in before casting stones.

This could all be a fake rumour for all we know. It would not be the first time that the media has embellished something.
Old 01-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 27th's games:

1. Buffalo beat New Jersey 2-1 in the shootout. Not a good start for hockey fans of this forum. The second game in a row that the Devils did not have any offense. It seems to be a trend this year. Perhaps it would be better for them if Brodeur did not get any more shutouts this season as they seem to taper off after he gets one. New Jersey outshot Buffalo 40-32 so at least there were chances.

2. Carolina beat the Rangers 5-1. Talk about no offense. The Rangers could only get 1 puck in the net yet again. They are horrible! Gaborik was pointless yet again since volunteering to donate his teeth to science a few games ago!

3. Washington beat Anaheim 5-1. This was tied up 1-1 at one point, I went to do something real quick, and then it was 4-1 for Washington! One thing you have to say about Washington is that they are an offensive threat no matter what. If you give them a chance, the floodgates can open up and then it's curtains for you!

4. Another bad night for the hockey fans of this forum. Tampa Bay beat Montreal 3-0. Montreal outshot Tampa Bay 33-30 but they just couldn't seem to get anything going. The first and third period were relatively quiet but a lot of shenanigans happened in the second. Lots of penalties(including two 10minute misconducts) happened at 9:51.

5. Minnesota beat Detroit 5-2. This game was tied 2-2 at one point, and then it all came crashing down for the Red Wings. The main reason Minnesota won this game is that Chris Osgood was in net(first time in quite a few games...now you know why!) and he sucked a lemon yet again. I cannot determine who is worse out of the two, Toskala or Osgood. Yuck!

6. Dallas beat Calgary 4-3 in the shootout. While it should be noted that this was Calgary's 8th loss in a row(and Iginla finally scored a goal in 12 games), the main story is that Calgary blew a 3-1 lead that led to the loss. They are playing some pretty bad hockey right now.

7. Vancouver beat St. Louis 3-2. While Calgary has lost 8 in a row, Vancouver has won 6 in a row. They have now vaulted into 3rd place in the Western Conference with 68 points(only Chicago with 76 and San Jose with 78 are ahead of them)! They are playing some great hockey! I remember at the start of the season they kept winning a game or two, then losing a game or two. How the season can change as it wears on!
Old 01-28-2010

Quote:
Here is a post I have to make. Believe it or not, Patrice Cormier is appealing his suspension rather than taking it like a man. Gutless. He (and his team) are calling it too "excessive". Excessive? What the are they talking about? The only thing excessive about all this was his elbow! I hope they turn around and give him a longer suspension now!

The article is below and it is from tsn.ca.

HUSKIES PLAN TO APPEAL CORMIER'S SEASON-LONG SUSPENSION

Patrice Cormier will not accept his suspension by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League after all.
/~/
No date for a hearing has been set and Cormier will remain suspended during the appeal process.
A few aspects of this story stand out for me.
"It is not yet known when or even if Tam will return to play."

"The decision to appeal was greeted with loud applause from Huskies fans present at the event."

Andr? Tourigny, the coach & GM of the Huskies said, "...we were fully conscious that this act deserved a severe sanction. From our point of view, the sanction the QMJHL imposed yesterday is not severe, it is excessive."

Up to a 48 games suspension is nothing compared to Tam potentially never playing hockey again. How excessive a 'punishment' is that for Tam just for being a victim of a cowardly assault?

Perhaps Cormier's suspension should have been for twice the length of time Tam was kept out of the game by his injuries.

The attitude of the Huskies fans to applaud the decision to appeal the suspension is bad for the reputation of hockey. A bunch of fg aholes.

Since Cormier will remain suspended during the appeal process, maybe the QMJHL can make his appeal last for at least a couple of years.

Quote:

I agree Cormier must face criminal charges for this assault. Players get away with violence inside the game too often.

Clampdown on violence in Rugby Union

Recently an independent judicial officer handed David Attoub (of Stade Francais, a French Rugby Union Club) a 70-week ban for eye gouging in a Heikeken Cup defeat by Ulster.

The ban means Attoub will not be available to play again until April 22, 2011.

His team-mate Julien Dupuy was handed a 24-week ban, reduced to 23 on appeal, for his role in the incident.

Attoub's 70-week suspension is the second heaviest eye gouging ban ever handed out. And falls in line with an increasingly tough stance against gouging within Rugby Union, following the outrage over the 8-week ban handed to South Africa flanker Schalk Burger for his gouging of British and Irish Lions wing Luke Fitzgerald during 2009's second Test in Pretoria.

As expected Attoub has made an appeal against this ban.

The independent judicial officer who imposed the suspension, described it as "the worst act of contact with the eyes I have had to deal with".
Old 01-28-2010

Quote:
Here are the scores from Jan 26th's games:

6. Ottawa beat New Jersey 3-0. What is with the Devils not being able to score lately? Not a good night for anyone on the team, Brodeur included. New Jersey outshot Ottawa 24-18 which would make for quite a boring game to watch. Plus, Ottawa scored 3 goals off 18 shots which shows that Brodeur was not overly sharp. Lately, it seems that the Devils are either getting shutout victories or losing by getting shutout. It is puzzling to say the least.
Quote:
Here are the scores from Jan 27th's games:

1. Buffalo beat New Jersey 2-1 in the shootout. Not a good start for hockey fans of this forum. The second game in a row that the Devils did not have any offense. It seems to be a trend this year. Perhaps it would be better for them if Brodeur did not get any more shutouts this season as they seem to taper off after he gets one. New Jersey outshot Buffalo 40-32 so at least there were chances.
Name:  aaarg.gif
Views: 32
Size:  676 BytesMore Devils blowing hot and cold.

Conceding 3 goals from 18 shots against Ottawa is typical of their recent form. Followed by conceding just 1 from 32 against the Sabres.

I suppose this must have been what Lemaire was referring to when he said, "he was a little concerned," and "could see the team slipping a bit," following the Devils disastrous 4-0 shutout by the Islanders earlier in January.

Name:  ranting2.gif
Views: 33
Size:  5.4 KBThe Devils just aren't scoring enough. They've scored 33 fewer than the Penguins, 16 fewer than the Flyers and the Caps have out scored the Devils by 68 goals. Even the Leafs are outscoring the Devils (142 to 139).Name:  eek_animated.gif
Views: 33
Size:  484 Bytes

This offensive form won't see the Devils go far in the postseason.
Old 01-29-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ila, there may be a little bit of a battle going on with your team!This is from tsn.ca.

REPORT: CANADIENS' MARKOV CALLS OUT PRICE AFTER LOSS TO BLUES.....
I finally found an article on it in the newspaper. Apparently the intial report came from an anonymous reporter so I don't put too much reliability in the story.

Today's article stated that there are no hard feelings between Markov and Price. Quite possibly there was an exchange between the two of them. If so it was probably borne out of frustration from losing two games that they should have won, espcially considering that last week they had two really good games.

The article went on to state that after the Canadiens' last practice Price gave a bearhug to Markov. Whatever happened there doesn't appear to be a rift in the team. Perhaps the whole controversy was wishful speculation from someone that doesn't like the Habs.

Last edited by ila; 01-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I am quickly coming to the realization that a regular report of "professional" hockey should probably not include the Bruins.
Old 01-30-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I am quickly coming to the realization that a regular report of "professional" hockey should probably not include the Bruins.
I think we should drown our sorrows. Drink up, my friend! Name:  drink1.gif
Views: 23
Size:  6.7 KB

I guess I can be happy that the Leafs came back from a 4-2 deficit and were able to get a point....but I won't be. They are really irritating me right now. Getting a penalty in overtime? WTF?!?!?!
Old 01-30-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 28th's games:

1. Atlanta beat Philadelphia 4-3. This was not a good game for the Flyers. They had a 3-1 lead and then it all fell apart in the third period. Emery gave up 3 goals off 8 shots in the third. Probably just a minor bump in the road for them, but they should be careful not to fall in the same pit they were in earlier in the season.

2. Ottawa beat Pittsburgh 4-1. I guess this really isn't surprising any more. Pittsburgh has been decidedly average for a while now, and Ottawa has now won 8 games in a row(tied a franchise record). Spezza scored a goal again, and now has 1 in each of the three games he has been back from injury. Can they keep it up? I cannot honestly see this Ottawa team making a serious run for the Cup this year, but at least they are playing well and giving their fans something to cheer about.

3. Carolina beat the Islanders 4-1. Don't look now, but Carolina is only 2 points back of Toronto(this is including Toronto's point from Friday's game)! Looks like it is basement time for us! Yay.

4. LA beat Columbus 4-1. There are a lot of 4-1 scores this evening! Anze Kopitar(the guy's picture at nhl.com makes him look like he is a serial killer!) scored 2 goals in the victory which gave him his 100th of his career(his second was the 101st). He should be a good player for the Kings for a long, long time.

5. Minnesota beat Colorado 1-0. This was less than 5 minutes away from going to overtime, but thankfully they scored in regulation. Havlat scored his 11th goal of the season. To say that he is having a dissapointing season for the Wild is a huge understatement, especially with the way he played for Chicago last season.

6. Phoenix beat Calgary 3-2 in the shootout. This is Calgary's 9th loss in a row. They are reeling, and on a night where they come back from 2-0 their offense fizzles yet again when it counts the most. I don't forsee Sutter being head coach for much longer if this keeps up(I wish the same could be said for Ron Wilson, but Burke says he is "as safe as the gold in Fort Knox". That doesn't really make me happy to hear that.

7. Speaking of long losing streaks...St. Louis beat Edmonton 2-1. Not much to say about this except that this is Edmonton's 12th loss in a row. That is downright ugly!

8. Chicago beat San Jose 4-3 in overtime. This game pretty much lived up to the hype. Two of the best teams in the league right now going at it toe-to-toe! Chicago had a 3-0 lead at one point, and then San Jose came storming back! Chicago luckily was able to squeak away with the victory. Chicago outshot San Jose(San Jose getting outshot rarely happens) 39-37.

-------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 29th's games:

1. Oh, what new level of Hell am I witnessing now? New Jersey beat Toronto 5-4 in overtime. Toronto came back from down 4-2 and looked to have the momentum going into overtime(New Jersey totally outplayed the Leafs in the first and second period and then it was all Toronto in the third), but they decided to fall flat on their face...again. Luke Schenn took a stupid hooking penalty and that was all she wrote(since we all know that the Leaf's Penalty Kill is a freaking joke!). Zach Parise had 2 goals and 2 assists.

I am sure that dauls cannot be too happy with the way his team played tonight even with them winning.

2. Washington beat Florida 4-1. Mike Green had two incidents occur. The first was him hitting an elbow to someone's head(he got a 2 minute elbowing penalty) and then he got hit with a knee-on-knee later on in the game. The Capitals are saying that he is not seriously injured(could play in Sunday's game if he is not suspended for the elbow). He may be looking at a suspension for the elbow. Knowing that he is a star, he may get a more lenient suspension than perhaps a "plugger" would get.

3. Buffalo beat Boston 2-1. Want a scary fact? Toronto is only 9 points behind Boston now. Theoretically, if Boston were to end up in second last place at the end of the year(not saying this will happen of course) they could end up with the 1st and 2nd picks in this year's draft(thanks to the Leafs)!

4. Anaheim beat Tampa Bay 2-1 in a real humdinger of a shootout.

5. Detroit beat Nashville 4-2. Despite being badly outshot(48-29), Detroit was able to claim the victory. Lidstrom is heating up right now, and he had a goal and an assist.

6. Dallas beat Colorado 3-2. This was Colorado's 2nd loss in a row.

--------------------------

Games that matter for us hockey fans tonight(Jan 30th):

1. Philadelphia VS the Islanders

2. Toronto VS Vancouver(oh great!)

3. Boston VS LA

4. Montreal VS Ottawa

Except for Jennifer, we will probably be a little worried. The opponents of our teams are all playing very well right now!
Old 01-31-2010
Dark Overlord

Well, it looks like my predictions about the games were correct. The only team that won(that matter for us here) was Philadelphia. Toronto found yet another way to lose. I need some love...but I will settle for a hug.

Here are the *sigh* scores for Jan 30th's games:

1. Philadelphia beat the Islanders 2-1. A closer game than I thought it would be, especially since Roloson was in net. Philly scored both their goals in the first period and then tried to protect their lead. They gave up a goal in the second period, but were able to prevent the Islanders from getting any more. I am sure that Jen is happy. This is all the joy us TLB folks will enjoy from this night of hockey.

2. Ottawa beat Montreal 3-2 in overtime. Not a good game for Montreal. They had to play from behind yet again. They were able to tie it up at 2 after being down 2-0, but they fell short in overtime again. Hal Gill took an absolutely idiotic penalty which pretty well cost them the game. True, Spezza took a penalty later in O/T but that doesn't really help too much. I believe that Ottawa scored the first ever 3-on-3 goal in the history of the NHL.

Some potential bad news on the injury front for Montreal as well. Mike Cammalleri was injured in this game, and they won't know the extent of his injury until Sunday. If they lose Cammalleri they are in a LOT of trouble, as he is their leading scorer. Another injury happened to Ottawa. Mike Foligno broke his leg blocking a shot. Ouch!

3. LA beat Boston 3-2 in the shootout. Boston's freefall continues. Some unruly behaviour in the second period led to a slew of penalties. Boston capitalized with a goal, but that is all they got in that period. Savard got his second point in his second game back from a lengthy injury, but he was not able to get Boston to shake their scoring slump. Boston got a point out of this loss, but it is probably a point that is hard to swallow for Boston fans.

4. Vancouver beat Toronto 5-3. What can I say? What do I want to say? I want to let loose with a whole lot of profanity, but that won't make a lick of difference. Toronto had a 3-0 lead after the first period. Do you know what I thought when I saw that? I thought "Toronto is going to lose this game. I just know it." And I was right! Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Carolina has now passed Toronto in the standings. Just lovely.

At least Edmonton is sucking even more than Toronto, so we aren't in last place for the entire league...yet.

5. Carolina beat Chicago 4-2. And this is why Carolina went past Toronto. They won when they had to(against a tough team!), and they got it done even though they were outshot 41-24. Hossa had a goal and an assist. I wonder if the limo incident(Kane and two other players were allegedly in a limo with two girls and had pictures taken with them. The players did not wear shirts.) had anything to do with this loss? Perhaps this distracted the Blackhawks?

6. Columbus beat St. Louis 3-2 in overtime. I would like to say that I care about this game, but I do not wish to lie. I don't care about this game.

7. Nashville beat Atlanta 4-3. Jason Arnott scored the winner for the Predators just 7 seconds into the third period.

8. Phoenix beat the Rangers 3-2. This was a battle of the back-up goalies. Phoenix had a 3-0 lead until the third, and then they let their foot off the gas. The Rangers scored two goals, but as is the case many times for them this season, they did not score enough. They have a very poor offense.

9. Calgary beat Edmonton 6-1. I can almost guarantee that Calgary saw this game and licked their chops with anticipation. They had a 9 game losing streak and they could almost be certain that playing against Edmonton would stop that streak. Edmonton has now lost 13 in a row. Bad, putrid, ugly, you name it, that pretty much describes the Oilers right now.

10. San Jose beat Minnesota 5-2. Dan Boyle(defenseman for San Jose) missed his 4th game in a row with an undisclosed injury.

------------------------------

Mike Green of the Washington Capitals was suspended for 3 games for his elbow to the head of a Florida player Friday night. This was almost a given, especially with the vicious elbow that Patrice Cormier was suspended for(and is currently appealing). Boudreau(Washington head coach) complained that he saw no reason why he should be suspended(he never does...his players do no wrong apparently) but Green's teammate(and NHLPA representative) Brooks Laich said that hits to the head need to be punished so obviously it was a hit that deserved a suspension. Some of the head coaches in the NHL need to give their heads a shake and realize that they need to tell their players to stop with the head shots. If the head coaches basically do not hold their players accountable(by saying that they think the player did not deserve to be suspended, for example), then why would the players care about whether or not they hit someone in the head. Sheesh.
Old 02-02-2010
Dark Overlord

I have a couple of trades to post about, and then I will post the scores.

The first one occured on Sunday Jan 31st. The Leafs and Flames did a big trade, and then Toronto made another trade with Anaheim.

Going to Toronto: Dion Phaneuf(Cal), Fredrik Sjostrom(Cal), Keith Aulie, Jean-Sebastien Giguere(Ana).

Going to Calgary: Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White.

Going to Anaheim: Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake

I hope this will help Toronto in the long run, and having Giguere may be the tonic to help the Monster develop into the good goaltender that the Toronto brass believe him to be. If Phaneuf can revert back to his good play from a couple of years ago, he will help us immensely.

Whether losing so much of our goal-scoring will hurt us remains to be seen.

Here is an article, from tsn.ca, talking more about the trades.

---------------
---------------

FLAMES TRADE D PHANEUF TO MAPLE LEAFS IN SEVEN-PLAYER DEAL

Two teams in dire need of a shakeup have done just that.

The Calgary Flames have traded defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and prospect defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

The Maple Leafs and Flames have been working on the components of this blockbuster for a week to ten days, but sources say the details of the deal didn't fall into place until late last night.

"[Phaneuf] is a warrior. He's got a cannon for a shot," explained Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke on Sunday. "He plays the game hard and I want players who play the game hard because they're hard to play against."

The former all-star defenceman was emotional when he told reporters that he was caught off guard by news of the trade.

"It was definitely a shock, but I'm very excited about going to Toronto and being a Maple Leaf.

''The toughest part is saying goodbye to your buddies,'' he said. ''It was a great four-and-a-half years in Calgary. But it's part of the business.

''It's a cliche, if Wayne Gretzky can get traded anyone can get traded," he said. "I was very surprised, but on the other hand I'm very excited to be going to the biggest hockey market in the world.''

Phaneuf and Sjostrom will arrive in Toronto on Sunday night and will skate with the team on Monday. Aulie will join the AHL Toronto Marlies on Monday.

''It's a fresh start for me now, and I'm looking forward to going to Toronto and hopefully making an impact there,'' Sjostrom said.

Flames general manager Brent Sutter said that seeing both Phaneuf and Sjostrom leave town was tough, but he was looking forward to the players that were coming in.

''I have a lot of respect for Dion, but this is part of the business,'' Sutter said. ''It happens at times, and it's happened here.

''It's tough to see Freddy leaving too because he had a roll on our team, but we're getting some established players right now that bring us some needs that we can use.''

Phaneuf has two goals over his last three games and is signed through the 2013-14 season ($6.5 million per). He had 18:49 TOI last night, only the third time this month he's been under 20 minutes in a game. The big defenceman has 10 goals and 12 assists to go with a minus-3 rating over his 55 games.

Sjostrom has played 46 games with one goal and five assists for Calgary this season. Aulie was drafted in the fourth round, 116th overall of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot-six defenceman had spent this season with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL.

Hagman has 20 goals and 13 assists, while Stajan has 16 goals and 25 assists, each over 55 games this season. Both players have a minus-3 rating. Mayers had expressed interest in being traded earlier in January. He had two goals, six assists and 78 penalty minutes over his 44 games with the Maple Leafs this season. White had nine goals, 17 assists and a plus-1 rating over his 56 games.

Burke admitted the loss of Stajan and Hagman would leave a hole in the Maple Leaf attack, but explained that acquiring Phaneuf was too good an opportunity to pass up.

"It takes some offence out of our lineup and that's the next question ... who replaces that offence we lost today, but it puts a major weapon on the blueline and makes us much more difficult to play."

Since he entered the NHL in the 2005-06 season Phaneuf is tops among defenceman with 75 goals (2nd Sheldon Souray - 68), power-play goals with 48 (2nd Zdeno Chara - 41), game-winning goals with 21 (2nd Dan Boyle - 15) and shots at 1,150 (2nd Chara - 992) over that span.

In addition, Phaneuf (48) ranks second to Paul Coffey (50) in power-play goals by a defenceman over the first five seasons of their career and he is tied with Denis Potvin for game-winning goals (21) over the same span.

The Flames were mired in their worst slump (0-6-3) since an 11-game losing streak in 1986 before getting on the winning side of the tracks on Saturday night with a 6-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers in the Battle of Alberta.

The Maple Leafs are coming off a dramatic loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday evening, giving up a three-goal first period lead before falling 5-3. With the loss, coupled with Carolina's 4-2 victory over Chicago, Toronto now sits 29th in the NHL standings. The Hurricanes and Leafs are tied in points with 45 but Carolina is ahead because of more wins.

The Maple Leafs also acquired veteran goaltender Jean-Sebastien from the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday. In exchange, the Leafs shipped netminder Vesa Toskala and veteran forward Jason Blake to the Ducks.
Old 02-02-2010
Dark Overlord

(Man, the Calgary Flames are cleaning house right now!)

Here is another trade the Calgary Flames were involved with. They made a trade with the New York Rangers on Tuesday Feb 2nd.

Going to Calgary: Chris Higgins(I wonder what Thomas Magnum would say?) and Ales Kotalik.

Going to New York: Olli Jokinen and Brandon Prust.

Not as big of a blockbuster as the trade with Toronto, but it could potentially be a noteworthy one down the road.

Here is the article from tsn.ca.

FLAMES SEND JOKINEN, PRUST TO RANGERS FOR HIGGINS, KOTALIK

While it took some time, in the end the Calgary Flames finally got their men as the 'on again, off again' trade between the Flames and New York Rangers is official after a trade call was made following Calgary's loss to the Flyers on Monday.

The deal, which sees Olli Jokinen and Brandon Prust heading to Manhattan in exchange for Chris Higgins and Ales Kotalik, was reportedly held up because the Flames wanted Jokinen in the lineup for Monday night's game against Philadelphia. Jokinen played just over 15 minutes, took three shots on net and finished at a minus-one. Prust skated just over seven minutes.

With rumours of the trade circulating for more than 24 hours, the team on the ice appeared lethargic as they were soundly beaten by the Flyers on Monday. Jokinen said that he did not want to use the speculation as an excuse.

"You've got to play hard every time you go on the ice no matter what kind of distractions that you have going on," said Jokinen. "You play for that sweater, that logo. Until they tell you you're not part of the team, and I just got the news that II'm not part of the team so I've got to turn the page."

Jokinen realized his high salary mixed with low production was likely a big factor in his exit from Calgary.

"It comes with the salary, you make $5 million, 11 goals isnot going to cut it," said a visibly shaken Jokinen. "It's definitely a slap in the face to get traded."

Jokinen did see an upside in heading back to the Eastern Conference.

"I get a chance to play with one of the better players in the league in (Marian) Gaborik."

Although he was aware that a deal was likely, Prust also found it difficult to prepare for.

"You're waiting to hear confirmation, pacing around for hours," Prust admitted. "I definitely didn't sleep too well"

Both Jokinen and Prust will join the Rangers in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning while Higgins is currently in Los Angeles. Kotalik remains in New York after being sent home by the Rangers on Sunday after being told by the team that he would be traded. The Flames pushed back their practice on Tuesday in hopes that both players will be able to skate with their new teammates.

There had also been several reports that Kotalik was not prepared to waive his no-trade clause to go to Calgary; however earlier in the day he reportedly changed his stance to accept the move.

Both Jokinen and Higgins are set to become unrestricted free agent at season's end, while Prust will become a restricted free agent. Kotalik has two-years and $6 million remaining on a three-year deal he signed prior to the season with New York.

Jokinen was originally acquired by Calgary from the Phoenix Coyotes at last year's trade deadline. The 31-year old veteran has 11 goals and 24 assists in 56 games with the Flames this season. Jokinen is set to represent Finland at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. It will be his third Olympic appearance. He helped lead Finland to the silver medal at the 2006 games in Torino. The Kuopio, Finland native was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Kings with the third overall pick in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft.

The 25-year old Prust was drafted by the Flames in the third round of the 2004 draft, and was traded to Phoenix at last year's trade deadline in the deal that brought Jokinen to Calgary. Prust was then traded back to the Flames last summer for Jim Vandermeer. The native of London, Ontario has one goal and four assists in 43 games this season in Calgary. He ranks second in the NHL in fighting majors with 18.

"I'm looking forward to going to the big city and playing in Madison Square Garden so I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sad to leave again," said Prust.

Kotalik, 31, has been made a healthy scratch by head coach John Tortorella in eight of the club's last nine games. In 45 games, Kotalik has eight goals and 14 assists, with a plus/minus of -18. His best offensive season was with the Buffalo Sabres in 2005-06, when he scored 25 goals and added 37 assists.

Higgins, 26, is in his first season with the Rangers after he signed with New York last summer. Originally, the Montreal Canadiens had traded his rights to the Rangers prior to the July 1 free agent signing period.

Starting in 2005-06, Higgins had three straight seasons in which he scored 20 or more goals with Montreal, but his production dropped to 12 last year in an injured-shortened season. This season he has six goals and eight assists in 54 games.

This is the second major deal that the Flames have pulled off in as many days after shipping Dion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom and prospect Keith Aulie to the Maple Leafs on Sunday in exchange for Matt Stajan, Ian White, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers.

The two trades leave the Flames with a surplus of wing players, 13 in all, possibly setting up additional deals prior to the NHL's trade deadline on March 3rd.
Old 02-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 31st's games:

1. Pittsburgh beat Detroit 2-1 in the shootout. Crosby had a goal in regulation and scored the winner in the shootout. He is potting a lot more goals than he was last year, and has a chance to beat Ovechkin in that department.

2. Washington beat Tampa Bay 3-2. Speaking of Ovechkin, he had a goal and an assist in this game. He is making a run for the complete points lead this season, not content with just trying to win the scoring race.

3. Florida beat the Islanders 2-0. The Islanders are having a hard time scoring right now.

4. LA beat New Jersey 3-2. The Devils, as they have done so many times in recent games, blew the lead. They had a 2-0 lead in this one and coughed it up in the last two minutes of the game(it actually reminded me of the playoff game last season against Carolina that eliminated the Devils). LA tied it up at 18:14 of the third and won it at 19:32 of the third(on a Power Play, no less!). Andy Greene is the one wearing goat-horns for this loss.

5. Phoenix beat Dallas 4-2. Phoenix is starting to play good hockey again and this is without one of their leading scorers in Scottie Upshall. This is their 4th win in a row.

6. The Rangers beat Colorado 3-1. Gaborik got all three goals for the Rangers. I wonder how many times they would have gotten shutout this season were it not for him? Their offense is putrid for the most part, and that will be the main reason they either fail to make it to the playoffs or they get eliminated early.

----------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Feb 1st's games:

1. Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 5-4. Sidney Crosby got a hat-trick in this one. Pittsburgh came back from down 3-1 and scored 4 unanswered goals. Crosby had the game-winner for the second straight game(that includes the shootout winner).

2. Anaheim beat Florida 3-0. What a way for Hiller to show Anaheim that he was worth the new contract that he just signed(which was the reason Giguere was available to trade).

3. Philadelphia beat Calgary 3-0. Not such a good debut for the new Flames. The Flames had a grand total of 18 shots for the entire game. You are not going to win very many games with that low of a shot total. I think the way Sutter has them play(a defensive-minded style) is one of the main reasons they stink so horribly with regards to their offense. Jennifer does the happy dance!

4. Edmonton beat Carolina 4-2. IT IS OVER!!!! Edmonton finally won a game. I will bet there were some happy guys in that locker room! About time, I say. It was looking pretty sad as the losing streak went on and on.

Here are the scores from Feb 2nd's games:

1. Washington beat Boston 4-1. Despite outshooting Washington 42-26, the Bruins took the loss. Thomas only gave up 3 goals, as the fourth goal was an empty netter(no surprise, but Ovechkin seems to like getting the empty netter to pad his stats). Things are looking quite grim in Bean Town.

2. Toronto beat New Jersey 3-0. A pretty good debut for Giguere, especially since the Devils are a very good team(recent struggles notwithstanding)! He made 30 saves for the shutout, and Phaneuf was +1 for the night, with a fight against Colin White to add to his total. While dauls is no doubt rightfully pissed off that his team lost, I am glad that Toronto played so well. They have had so many crap moments the past couple of weeks that I was getting sick and tired of it all. I am glad they made me happy again! Happy dance for ME!

3. Tampa Bay beat Atlanta 2-1. This game was so boring, Ilya Kovalchuk broke his stick in boredom at the end of the game(well, it was actually frustration, the boredom was mine)!

4. Montreal beat Vancouver 3-2. This was the first game for Montreal without Mike Cammalleri(who is gone for 6 weeks. I will post an article about it after this report), and they did not buckle under the pressure. Halak was the main reason Montreal won this game as he ended up making 45 saves for the victory. Perhaps this will be the start of a winning streak for the Habs? Happy dance for Ila!

5. Phoenix beat Nashville 1-0 in the shootout. What a bore-fest! Snore! Yawn! Bleh! To top it all off the shootout went TEN rounds. Yikes! At least I got 7 points for my pool due to Bryzgalov getting the shutout and win.

6. Dallas beat Minnesota 4-2. Despite being outshot 42-18 the Stars got the victory. Forget what I said earlier about not being able to win when you only get 18 shots on net, as I was just proven wrong. What I should have said was that you shouldn't win with just 18 shots on net.

7. Colorado beat Columbus 5-1. Well, this was a close game....at least it was until Columbus gave up two(count 'em , TWO!) short-handed goals in a row. That has GOT to hurt!

8. LA beat the Rangers 2-1. Remember what I said about Gaborik being the Ranger's only source of goals? Well guess who had New York's only goal tonight? Yep. Gaborik. Big surprise, eh?

9. Detroit beat San Jose 4-2. This was a bit of a surprise to be honest. San Jose had a 2-0 lead and blew it. Joe Thornton had both goals for San Jose. The shot total was 37-34 for Detroit.
Old 02-03-2010
Dark Overlord

(from tsn.ca)

HABS' CAMMALLERI WON'T NEED SURGERY, BUT OUT SIX WEEKS

MONTREAL - Michael Cammalleri will be out for about six weeks with a knee injury but the good news is the Montreal Canadiens' goal-scoring leader won't require surgery.

Cammalleri suffered the injury during a 3-2 overtime loss Saturday in Ottawa when he fell awkwardly into the boards after being hit by Anton Volchenkov.

"I've always had respect for him (Volchenkov) - he's a real honest player," Cammalleri said Tuesday. "He's a real honest player, the kind who wouldn't hit you from behind or elbowing you or anything like that. But I kinda let my guard down and never touched the puck. "

The 27-year-old is one of Montreal's top offensive guns with a team-leading 26 goals and 48 points in 56 games.

The Canadiens were to play without him for the first time this season Tuesday night against the visiting Vancouver Canucks.
Old 02-03-2010

Quote:
...scores from Jan 29th's games:

1. Oh, what new level of Hell am I witnessing now? New Jersey beat Toronto 5-4 in overtime. Toronto came back from down 4-2 and looked to have the momentum going into overtime(New Jersey totally outplayed the Leafs in the first and second period and then it was all Toronto in the third), but they decided to fall flat on their face...again. Luke Schenn took a stupid hooking penalty and that was all she wrote(since we all know that the Leaf's Penalty Kill is a freaking joke!). Zach Parise had 2 goals and 2 assists.

I am sure that dauls cannot be too happy with the way his team played tonight even with them winning.
shadows, this game was just typical for the way the Devils had been playing in 2010. Little did I know worse was yet to come.
I'm glad ESPN-UK haven't been showing them.

Quote:
...scores from Jan 31st's games:

4. LA beat New Jersey 3-2. The Devils, as they have done so many times in recent games, blew the lead. They had a 2-0 lead in this one and coughed it up in the last two minutes of the game(it actually reminded me of the playoff game last season against Carolina that eliminated the Devils). LA tied it up at 18:14 of the third and won it at 19:32 of the third(on a Power Play, no less!). Andy Greene is the one wearing goat-horns for this loss.

...scores from Feb 2nd's games:

2. Toronto beat New Jersey 3-0. A pretty good debut for Giguere, especially since the Devils are a very good team(recent struggles notwithstanding)! He made 30 saves for the shutout, and Phaneuf was +1 for the night, with a fight against Colin White to add to his total. While dauls is no doubt rightfully pissed off that his team lost, I am glad that Toronto played so well. They have had so many crap moments the past couple of weeks that I was getting sick and tired of it all. I am glad they made me happy again! Happy dance for ME!
Giving up a 2-0 lead to the Kings and then being blanked by the Leafs. Looks like February is going to be as bad for the Devils as January was.

A record of 3-6-1 in the last 10 games. Unless they improve it looks like the Devils are going to have a short postseason this year.
Old 02-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.......The Maple Leafs also acquired veteran goaltender Jean-Sebastien from the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday. In exchange, the Leafs shipped netminder Vesa Toskala and veteran forward Jason Blake to the Ducks.
Apologies to you shadows, but I just can't resist this one little jab.

Now that Toskala is gone who are you going to blame now when Toronto loses?

Seriously though I think Toronto made the right move and they will profit from their trade. Toskala had to go for the good of the team and Toronto can only improve with the deals that they made.
Old 02-03-2010

Quote:

Seriously though I think Toronto made the right move and they will profit from their trade. Toskala had to go for the good of the team and Toronto can only improve with the deals that they made.
I'm sure shadows will find a way to blame Toskala.

If Jean-Sebastien Giguere has a bad night the Leafs fans will still blame Toskala for the loss. If Toskala hadn't been so bad they would never have needed to trade him to the Ducks for Giguere. Toskala is to blame if Giguere's mistakes cost Toronto a game.

It's always Toskala's fault.
Old 02-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
I'm sure shadows will find a way to blame Toskala.

If Jean-Sebastien Giguere has a bad night the Leafs fans will still blame Toskala for the loss. If Toskala hadn't been so bad they would never have needed to trade him to the Ducks for Giguere. Toskala is to blame if Giguere's mistakes cost Toronto a game.

It's always Toskala's fault.
I love the analysis.
Old 02-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

No worries, Ila. I will just blame him from afar! His horrible play was soooo bad it infected the other players like a virus. From time to time, when their immune system is down, it will strike like a cobra and they will catch playlikeshititis. Thankfully, it is not a fatal disease.
Old 02-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I love the analysis.
That is due to it being correct.
Old 02-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
No worries, Ila. I will just blame him from afar! His horrible play was soooo bad it infected the other players like a virus. From time to time, when their immune system is down, it will strike like a cobra and they will catch playlikeshititis. Thankfully, it is not a fatal disease.
It is quite a common disease, happens to all times at some point, and will strike unexpectedly.
Old 02-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It is quite a common disease, happens to all times at some point, and will strike unexpectedly.
And the only known fatalities are to the careers of Head Coaches.