View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankhavelock
Acceptance is, how ever, a keyword... one thing is the lack of acceptance from friends and family (and society in general). That can be dealt with - for example relocation can be good in such a situation. Or finding a supportive boyfriend. How ever, lack of self-acceptance is more tricky - and I believe that no kind of "good-hearted" talk or any thing can truly matter in such (luckily rare) cases.

As my dearest friend and first trans-girlfriend once postulated: "In order to be a "succesful" trans, you MUST not only accept but, indeed, enjoy your masculinity..." That's her story, but it holds some truth. My personal belief is that if a trans-woman unhappy with her exterior could just learn to see herself in another light where her penis is no longer a symbol of masculinity, then a lot would be happier. Unfortunately so many still focus on what's between the legs rather than on what's between the ears... and in ones heart...
Hanky, I praise thy good nature and deep wisdom.

Very nice speech. I especially like what you have said about self-acceptance. If you have confidence in your beauty, the world will reflect it. What people really do is echo our beliefs and fears. If someone needs acceptance, she should accept it in her own heart first.

If you want the society to believe in something, ... believe it firmly yourself! The society will follow you.