View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011
CuriousJim

It doesnt really paint a good picture for London or the United Kingdom ahead of the Olympics next year. But then China's human rights record didnt paint a good picture for them, but they did alright out of the Olympics...

Anyhow, that's off topic a little.

I dont really like the term "riots" because there was no political motive for any of the rioters. All that took part are feral scum who deserve nothing in life and all that the law can give them (in terms of punishment). They were opportunistic thieves who think blaming the government for everything will get them places in life. Duh. No.

People have lost homes, cars, possessions, businesses and possibly their jobs because of businesses not being able to afford to open up again.

Some of the yobs that took part in this did so to further their own greed and gain. They could afford items they stole. One of the first to be charged was (and I say was, because I doubt he will be in September) a primary school teaching assisstant. A member of society and the community that children are supposed to look up to. Another was a 19 year old university student whose father is actually a millionaire. They had no reason to riot or protest.

The police should have used a very heavy hand with the apes that tore up London, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham and other cities in the United Kingdom. But given the outcry over their tactics at the G20 protests two or so years ago, they were worried that their actions would be condemmed.

The past few days have really angered me and many people in this country. Yes, the economy and job market is bleak at the moment, but it will pick up. There are jobs around, just people are too stupid and lazy to go a look for them.

The next time this happens I hope the police give these idiots a bloody good hammering. There was no reason for cities to be torn up as they were.