Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
During WWII I wonder how many Germans wanted Hitler tried for war crimes.
Just before you go out on TOO wild a limb, let me get this straight -- now you're comparing any Americans (like myself) who supported the Iraq War OR, as I cited before, the 80-plus percent of Americans who DON'T want to go after Bush, who have NO interest in it AT ALL and who just want to move on, to Nazi Germans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
The meltdown? The consensus is that Greenspan was the key player. The conservative fundamentalist philosophy of Milton Friedman that the Republicans and Greenspan worshiped is what led to this debacle.
I would hardly say that's the consensus. But, hey, I'm also sure that the banking regulations that the Clinton era imposed (for example, where banks started to be rated by the government and thus were literally FORCED into making unsecured loans to unqualified and low income people in the name of "social justice") -- not to mention all the corruption and lying that people like Dodd or Frank (democrats both) both participated in as heads of Congressional banking committees -- played NO part at all in the collapse. Nope! It was ALL the Republicans fault and their philosophy, this despite the fact that Democrats (as I noted before) had ALREADY been in control of Congress for 2 years BEFORE the crisis hit.

So, feel free to keep singing that Greenspan/Republican tune and see how far it gets you since all of America is more than fully aware that it's now Obama (democrat) in charge of a Senate (democrat) and a House of Representatives (democrat) who are totally controlling things -- and thus credit AND/OR blame falls squarely on their shoulders. And given what I pointed out before -- namely, that only 40% of the American people now feel the government is doing the right thing and 60% now feel the democrats in Congress are actually making things WORSE -- it's gonna be pretty tough to blame the Republicans much longer.

As I noted before as well, with every passing day...as thousands and thousands of people continue to lose their jobs and homes and bank accounts...or as this meltdown continues to spiral around the world, prompting unrest overseas and protests and violence or whatever...this falls squarely on the Democrats now and THEIR ideological practices. And frankly, they're already running into trouble since not too many people are drinking the kool-aid they're trying to sell these days, with such ridiculously silly ideas such as spending half a billion dollars on condoms for kids or giving honeybees insurance or re-sodding some Washington DC monument lawns is going to give them back their jobs or revive the economy or put money back into their lost retirement accounts.

Bottom line: who do you REALLY think the average American is going to hold accountable come midterm elections IF things don't get substantially better? Do you actually believe they'll be sitting at home...broke and unemployed...and thinking, "Damn that Greenspan! This is STILL all his fault!" OR do you think that maybe...just maybe...they'll be turning on their TVs, seeing Obama and the democrats all over, and find themselves thinking "These guys told me if I put them in power they'd fix everything. And look where I am now!"

Me, I'm going with the latter. Like I said before, people always vote their pocketbook. And since most economists now predict it will take up to 3 years before we see any kind improvement, that isn't good news for the Dems. Then again, Jimmy Carter was the shittiest President ever (yes, even worse than Bush) and even he still goes around saying what a great job he did, so I guess Carter is proof positive that there's always going to be utterly delusional people out there...