View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Inference: Due to the incessant repetition of the mantra for long hours at a stretch, which is not a normal human behavor, my mind slowly entered an altered state. On the sixth day, I became conscious of some form of energy and that trauma pushed my bodily functions to a shutdown, temporarily. After that, I stopped the practice and never again witnessed such a light.
But isn't the idea behind meditation and reptition of a mantra for the mind to enter an altered state? Could it be that the mantra really was faulty and that caused your bad experience? Or perhaps you were trying too hard or expecting too much and pushed your mind to an altered state that it was not prepared for?