Thread: World Cup -2010
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
.....On the radio today an Irish player (can't remember name) compared Henry's cheating with his own rule breaking in the game, which was intentionally tripping an opponent to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity. Which act of cheating on the pitch goes too far?
Any act of cheating goes too far. This puts a whole new light on the game, too. I didn't see the game (damned work got in the way of letting me watch it). Two wrongs don't make a right though. I would like to know if the trip was seen by an official. This is the first that I've heard of it and it sounds like the trip wasn't seen. Still tripping an opposing player on a scoring opportunity is poor sportsmanship and I hope it was caught.

Quote:
I approve the above trial of the two extra officials, TV footage shows that the game is too fast for only three officials to see everything, and when they miss something the media crucify them.
Based on your description then I think that this may have potential. Maybe the first leagues in each country should try it to see how it works out. If it's worthwhile then FIFA should adopt it.

Quote:
Typical FIFA, they always want fair play, but do nothing to help the officials and nothing to punish the cheats. Fine example to set youngsters who follow the game.
Too true.