Thread: World Cup -2010
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Following the incident that has now been branded "The Hand of Frog", I'm sure FIFA won't act on the Irish FA's request for a replay. A precident for a replay has never been set and I'm sure rule changes would be required for FIFA to do this.
I heard this morning, on the news, that FIFA won't allow a replay. It's too bad because I'd rather see a team win a World Cup spot honestly instead of by cheating.

From what I understand FIFA won't allow a replay because that would set a precedent and they are also concerned about how many games would have to be replayed and the length of time that it would take to reschedule games to be replayed. I can understand this reasoning as the regular professional leagues schedule their games to work around qualifying matches. Any delays would throw a monkeywrench into the works.

I have heard that there is a proposal to place an official at each goal to watch for such things as a hand ball. I don't like that idea because the current three officials are sufficient.

Another proposal is to allow video replay. I think this has possibilities, but some regulations will have to be set out on when video replay will be allowed.