View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossymax1981 View Post
Remember the old films when men would get up when a woman entered a room? I watch those movies all of the time. If ever a man does that for me, he'll win my heart for ever. I think this phase of manners is over, and it's a shame. Because that would do it for me. That would win my undying devotion. And, yes, my undying devotion is worth striving for.
Well, I don't agree that those manners are gone, so keep thinking positive. "Nice guys" and Cary Grant-like gentlemen are still out there -- or at least I'd like to think so since I consider myself to be one!

In fact, I think there really are MORE nice guys out there than there are bad guys -- it's just that they go unnoticed so much of the time. The problem is, in today's world, where everything is SO fast paced and it often seems that people are too self-centered or they're only interested in immediate gratification, we often fail to notice the "good" people around us. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way -- and the media has ALOT to do with creating this effect and instilling it into our daily mindsets -- the "bad boys" (and bad girls) started to get all the attention. I mean, seriously, who gets to be on the news tonight? The fireman who heroically saved a kid from a burning building or some star in Hollywood who got high on drugs and caused a scene? Who will you be reading about online -- the female teacher who helped her students hit new academic highs in a poor school or Paris Hilton because she was out flashing her flesh in a short dress at some snobby club party, at which point she'll then take home two guys. "Leaked photos" of which (leaked only to help keep her in the news) will then be plastered all over the internet and rammed down people's throats? Whether you want to read about her or not?

So don't give up on the Cary Grants of the world. The truth is, if you ARE a Cary Grant type, you actually go about being a nice guy and don't try to call attention to yourself. You don't try to be a glory hound. You just try to BE a nice guy and go about your daily life. So they're out there willing to hold the door open for you or hold your chair at a restaurant -- you just have to keep your eyes open. :D