Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Here are all the scores from the Dec 8th games.

1. Philadelphia beat the Islanders 6-2. While it is good news for Philly that they got a solid win, it has to be tempered by the news that they will be without the services of goaltender Ray Emery for six weeks due to surgery on an abdominal tear. He tried playing through the pain, and that was probably the reason for his poor play of late. Hopefully he'll make a complete recovery. Richards had 2 goals and an assist, Carter had 2 goals, Giroux had 2 goals, and Hartnell had 2 assists. A lot less chippy affair than the game against Washington.

2. Montreal beat Ottawa 4-1. Halak was the main star here, making 45 saves. Kovalev had 1 shot on net and 0 points in his return against his old team. I wonder. Does Montreal miss him?

3. Nashville beat Vancouver 4-2. Martin Erat had a hat-trick against the Canucks.

4. Anaheim beat Dallas 4-3 in overtime. First Anaheim victory in quite a while.

Tonight is packed full of games. Daul's team(the Devils) plays against Carolina. I expect Cam Ward to be in net for Carolina, as they activated him off of IR yesterday. As long as New Jersey doesn't take the game for granted, they should win.

My team(the Leafs) play the Islanders tonight. Again, if they play a good, smart game, then we should be able to win. If they play undisciplined, then the Islanders can make them pay dearly!