Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Here are the scores from Dec 7th's games.

1. New Jersey beat Buffalo 3-0. While the win is nice, the shutout is of more importance. Brodeur has now tied Terry Sawchuk for the most shutouts of all time! It may be time for a happy dance from dauls.Name:  happydance.gif
Views: 50
Size:  1.5 KB

2. Toronto beat Atlanta 5-2. Toronto scored all of their goals in the second period, and Toskala(surprisingly enough!) played well for the most part. I'm definitely doing the happy dance now!!Name:  happydance.gif
Size:  1.5 KB Name:  happydance.gif
Size:  1.5 KB

3. Montreal beat Philadelphia(what are the odds that all four of our teams would be the first three mentioned on NHL.com?) 3-1. Jen is probably not doing the happy dance.Name:  sad2.gif
Views: 49
Size:  244 Bytes I hope they win soon. Also, the shots per game were pretty bad for both teams. Montreal only had 13 shots on net, while Philadelphia only had 15 shots on net. Judging from that, it may not have been the most entertaining game to watch.

4. Carolina beat Pittsburgh 3-2. Second win in a row for Carolina, and a win against a very good team!

5. Washington beat Tampa Bay 3-0. For Jen, this is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" since both teams are disliked.

6. Edmonton beat Florida 3-2 in the shootout. Notice the hatred that exudes from my words as I type the word 'shootout'.

7. Colorado beat St. Louis 4-0. I guess they didn't want Brodeur getting the only shutout of the night.

8. Phoenix beat Minnesota 2-0. Another shutout. Considering how there weren't too many games played, there were an amazing amount of shutouts! Four games out of nine to be exact!

9. LA beat Calgary 2-1. LA only managed 16 shots on net, so they are lucky they won the game.