View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Bionca;68179]Generally, the support I receive is mainly from non-trans women and feminists in particular. I am active online and offline with feminist organizations. That said, some of the most mean and hurtful comments I have seen and have been directed to me are from Rad Fem lesbians.[QUOTE]

Probably my best friends are a lesbian couple who I LOVE to death! But I know what Bionca is talking about...While feminism in theory is in support of a break-down of gender assignments and patriarchy, there IS a certain cross-current of feminist thought which believes we are NOT women, and will NEVER know what it's like to be women, thus we are not part of "the cause."

Similarly, I think some of the concept of female prejudice arises from the the fact that many transgendered individuals marry straight women without being out. Only after several years of marriage do the straight women discover that they married a "fairy boy" or however they conceive of trans-people. I don't fault them for this...The vanilla-heterosexual conception of marriage is so predominant in our society, it MUST be a shock to find out you married someone who doesn't fit the mold. But I think that shock and disillusionment is where you find many women less than admirable of T-Girls.