View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

lebguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
WEll, in almost every case the murderer used the "trans panic" defence. In essence claiming that the "discovery" of their partner's birth gender was enough to make them kill. Even in cases where the guy had a history of seeing Trans* women this has worked. Read some of the cases on the current list I linked - Kellie Tellesford and Angie Zapata.

Indeed there are a couple guys on the list -Barry Winchell (killed because he was dating a transwoman). He was the subject of a movie "Soldier's Girl".

I have to be honest, this fear is in the back of my head every day. It runs with me every time I get asked out, when I'm getting ready for a date, and makes it that I'm sometimes a little relieved when the guy doesn't show up for the date.
Bionca I am reading these stories everyday now and being shocked more and more everyday on how violence is increasing daily. The "trans panic" defense if bull****. It works because the jury and the judge are not accepting the fact that trans women have the same rights as them. I don't get it how people think, do I have the right to kill you if you're different? Why I should look at you or any trans women as being different, what's different, you have a heart, a soul, a brain. Ahhh maybe because you have the brain but they don't. They say the states is the country of freedom and democracy? Yeah, I can see that. I live in Lebanon, here there have never been one crime related to trans women, gays or lesbians, and unlike other arab countries you are not executed if you are, because we are a mixture of different religions, plus I don't think any religion talk about killing trans women, gays or lesbians, as far as I know not the christian one.

I don't know how much it will take people to accept everyone not matter what and as Jamie said, it all starts at schools, I mean when you see kids of 13, 14 and 15 years committing murder crimes, I mean what the heck, what have we done to kids, I can't express my feeling right now. Parents are putting hate, rage, violence, hate in their children's heads instead of love, happiness. Maybe I can't believe that because I was raised in another way and surely I will raise my children (if I get any) the same way. For me life is too short and I want to spend everyday of it trying to be as happy as possible, and believe now if someone provokes me I turn my back and go the other way because I don't want to get into anything that will bother me. You know in Holland gays and lesbians and of course trans women can adopt kids. You want a free country this is one and this was few years back. Maybe some dutch people will disagree that their country is the most country where an individual can have her/his own freedom but I've been there so many times and I have friends there and I've seen how people live. Maybe all people should follow them.

it is normal to be afraid when you go out on dates especially of what you hear and see happening girl, but that shouldn't keep you off living your normal life, I told you somewhere, if you don't stand up and fight no one will stand for you but when you stand up, fight back and make everyone see that you're not afraid and that whoever is gonna try to be violent with us is gonna regret it then you'll see laws changing, people changing things going for the better. Plus, you should always have something on you to defend yourself. You don't have to get a gun but at least a pepper spray and maybe gather some other trans friends and get someone to teach you self defense course.