View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvenada View Post
HANK,

Does it have anything to do w/ what I've heard of as trans women will go way beyond their genetic sisters to please a man? In other words a gen girl will go at %'s of 50-50 to 75-25 to get a man, while a trans girl will go 100-0: a total sacrifice of self toward a relationship goal. It seems logical, but my sample is very small. In your travels, have you encountered that at all?
I think Hank is mostly correct in that it is cultural. However - you need to remember that as children Trans* women often picked up gendered behavior messages and applied them mentally in odd ways (because we didn't have a safe social context to experiment and get them right on our own).

So, I could see a Tranbs woman giving all of herself to a relationship thinking it was what she was suposed to do, or it was the "feminine way" or "noble" or simply in an attempt to "keep a man". Lord knows having a man who is willing to stay after he comes is rare enough...