Thread: Arab Spring
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Just to clarify, my point was to question why you would describe Islam as a religion for which a god was "created," while not similarly calling Judaism or Christianity or any other religion one for which a god was "created." The way in which you wrote that originally (see above) could be construed as a negative statement about Islam exclusively. I am glad to see that you have clarified your view and now state that all gods are creations of the human imagination.

As for your statement that the reason humans create gods is because "humans just seem to enjoy having them around": well, I think this speaks to a lack of perspective and historical understanding. Gods were created by humans to explain phenomena that science had not yet explained. The endurance of these creations (gods) is part of a socio-political system in which some people saw how much they could manipulate other humans via this god belief. That is the basis for organized religion.
"humans just seem to enjoy having them around": I made that comment in jest, but actually, in the absence of science, rational thought is difficult. Consequently, humans construct a system of explanations based on imaginations fostered by witch doctors, prophets and gurus. I think people who are sincerely religious have a feeling of well being and that there is a God that cares about them and their behavior. These people just ignore scientific rationality when it comes to what they want to believe.
God bless America.--- We are always right --- Right?.