View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass View Post
Popular movies I can't stand. Good topic! Though this is going to get me hated, lol...
To keep it fair, I'll only include movies I've actually seen. Let's see...

1) A Christmas Story - holidays are coming and for some reason, people love this movie. Why they do continues to baffle me.
2) Fight Club - interesting premise, with perhaps the worst ending in the history of motion pictures.
3) The Matrix - the first one. I enjoyed the second and third, but the first one was like watching a documentary with the occasional stunt thrown in to keep people awake.
4) There's Something About Mary - was this supposed to be a comedy? If so, I'm missing something.

I'm sure I'll think of others. Will update when I do.
I really enjoy A Christmas Story. I think that one of the reasons (for me, anyways) is that it takes place at a different time, when people's attitudes regarding the holidays was different. Plus, it was a story about a family and not about a dog/kid/adult/man-formerly-without-a-heart saving Christmas(or the world!). A consider it a classic!

With regards to The Matrix, I enjoyed the first one a lot more than the second two. That is not to say that I did not find some enjoyment in them, but they came across as just being made for the sake of being made. Something that made sense by the end of the first movie got way too obfuscated by the end of the third. They do it all again? The cycle is broken? Huh? LOL!

And there seems to be a lot of hate for the Harry Potter movies. I guess I am one of the few here that seems to enjoy them. LOL! I enjoyed the books more, though. I liked the journey that Harry and his friends were on, and how the story got darker as they got older. I could also see how she grew as a writer as each book went along.

Of course, these are just my opinions. There is certainly nothing wrong with anyone not liking the aforementioned movies. Heck, there are probably some people out there that enjoyed the movie 'Abandon'.:D