Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Just so there's no confusion, which could be inadvertently sown by your posting CreativeMind, my posting of the editorial from the Boston Phoenix should in no way be construed as my agreement or disagreement with the points it made. I thought it was interesting and humorous and simply wanted to share.
No prob, SMC -- that wasn't the conclusion I was drawing, nor trying to infer with my post either. So, sorry if MY post read that way. I realize you posted the excerpts for the reason you stated -- namely, the article made you laugh. Hey, for that matter, a few of the images it called up made ME laugh too!

And, on the flip side, my post shouldn't infer that I'm endorsing Palin either because I'm not. To be honest, I'm the one person (as of now) in the poll who voted in the middle and said he could take her or leave her.

Personally, I think Palin is a work-in-progress and that's what makes her frustrating for me, given the amount of national attention she gets. Do I think she's qualified to run for President? Sure. After all, there's only two rules to run. She's of age and was born in the U.S. So, she's good to go. And I hold that opinion for ANYONE -- rich or poor, famous or not, a background in politics or not -- who decides to run for the office. I think that's part of being an American and respecting that our Founding Fathers wanted the presidency to ALWAYS be a wide-open competition, which is exactly why they DIDN'T put further limitations on "who" can run.

Does she have the background? Sure. She was in regional politics and rose up the ladder to winning a governorship. So that puts her in a semi-exclusive league. Do I think she has the intelligence? Yes -- at times. That's why she frustrates me and I consider her a work-in-progress. Sometimes she totally nails things in a very succinct way...and yet otimes she comes off like the kid in class who got caught not doing their homework, and you're left wondering "Who the fuck prepared her for this interview today?"

As for personality and star power -- she's certainly got that. Historically speaking, for all the attention (at the time) that centered on Obama potentially being the first Black president ever...and for all the hype and hoopla that surrounded his convention speech in Denver, which attracted so many people they had to hold it in a football stadium...let's not forget that ultimately Palin's convention speech actually drew MORE TV viewers and had HIGHER ratings, which was amazing because -- in comparison to Obama -- it was on fewer broadcast outlets. And her fame and popularity was only cemented with her recent book tour, where thousands upon thousands showed up to see her.

Would I vote for her? I don't know. It really depends on how the 2010 midterm elections go and Congress is balanced out. Overall, I'm with the majority in the Gallup poll, who feel that having the Democrats controlling all 3 branches of government right now is a bad, bad thing. So, ironically, if the Republicans get back Congress, I could see Obama winning reelection (since I think people personally like him) and him then having a fairly successful presidency by becoming another Bill Clinton -- where he's literally forced by the balance of Congress to keep things straight down the middle, and thus satisfy the majority of Americans.