View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010
Mr. Grooby

seanchai will become famous soon enough

Very sad, one of our original models. RIP.

http://www.fallenangels.com

Amanda was one of the first transsexuals I ever met. She'd appeared on Shemale Yum in 1999 and that was the year I went to New York to shoot the first ever Grooby videos with Tony Vee, "Shemale Yum's New York Transsexuals". Amanda was on my shortlist along with Lisa Kage, BamBam and Kitty.

We picked up Amanda at her place and suggested we do some out door scenes. She was immediately into it. For a young, English guy who wasn't exactly a stranger to traveling and to NYC, Amanda was still, very exotic, very different to the girls I was used to - and very funny and cool. I enjoyed my time with her a lot and the scene stuck out as one of the most memorable I ever shot.

Frank worked with her in a fantastic shoot in 2005 and of course, she also appeared in a wild scene in Joey Silvera's Rogue Adventure #11.

Honestly, I know very little about Amanda apart from two brief encounters. The fact that this sort of crime is committed is bad enough but it does touch home a little more, when it is somebody you've met and worked with.
I hope by running this blog and putting this sad news out, people will become more aware of the tragedies that happen to so many, of the girls that we see on our screens each day.

Amanda was 29 when she was murdered, in the last week of March 2010.