View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
Who knows what that is? No, it's not dirty (I know what you're thinking... ). I actually learned how to use one. I have a whole box of them with "Detroit Diesel" logos that were my dad's. Don't know how he got them. Passed 'em out to one of my programming classes to see if they could figure them out.
That was my calculator in highschool. They're quite easy to use and very accurate.

A few years ago I was working on the same project as a couple of engineering students. Naturally they used portable calculators and their phones when they had to do any mathematics. I amazed them when I could do the same calculations faster in my head than they could on their calculators. I told them about slide rules as a calculator and at first they thought I was pulling their leg. I told them to 'google' slide rule. It was quite the revelation for them after I explained how to use one.