View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ShemaleFan_UK is on a distinguished road
Default Transsexuals in Iran

Quote:
Nope - is it available online somewhere? I'd think that being a trans-woman in Iran or any other hard-core, mentally and spiritually screwed-up religious society is no fun at all. Well, being any gender there must be the closest to being placed in hell on earth... in spite of their (the clerical leadership's, of course) self-proclaimed closeness to God and Heaven... those hypocritical, evil bastards.

Or am I getting ahead of myself...???
Given what we are told about things in Iran, your comments are pretty much what we would expect - I certainly thought as you do as I sat down to watch the programme. However, as I said, the film was a real eyeopener.

The fact of the matter is that transsexuals appear to be getting a decent deal there, with full sympathetic support up to and including SRS and, if I remember correctly, beyond as well.

I don't know whether or not they can have their birth certificates changed and get married like they can here in the UK.

The surprising thing is that, in this case, Iran's religious dogma is actually working in their favour since, although the Koran forbids and condemns homosexuality, it says nothing about transsexualism, so that makes it acceptable in their eyes.

As to whether or not this film is available online, I honestly can't say. The film appeared on satellite TV here in the UK about a couple of months ago.