View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousJim View Post
I wouldnt pay that much for a camera session with her, the real deal yes, but not webcam!
I dated a girl once who made money on the side doing cam work, and the whole issue of pricing is always such a dicey issue. On the one hand, cam girls want to make as much as possible (just like anyone else in life), on the other hand there's a point where they just price themselves outside the reach of an average guy's wallet -- at which point suddenly their cam work dries up and they find themselves out of work. And in today's crappy economic climate, setting a right price is tougher than ever.

The problem is the girls just sit there and wait...and wait...and wait...for a paying customer to come along. In the meantime, at sites like LiveJasmin or Webcams (for example), guys can jump into a chat room and see the girls and chat for free, where they'll usually say things like "Strip a bit or flash me some stuff and then I promise to take you private" -- which of course they then never do. Or you'll have guys who will jump into free chat and then -- on their side of things -- will jerk off to simply looking at the girl as she sits there.

Also, keep this in mind: cam performers only keep 1/3 of the money. Sites like I'm Live or Jasmin take a whopping 2/3 as their cut. So, in defense of Areeya, she's charging $4.80 a minute, but is is only taking home a measly 1.60 of that. So, you could look at it this way: If I said "Would you spend $1.60 a minute to spend time talking with Areeya?" I think pretty much everyone here would jump on that in a second.

This is why most working cam girls (much to the frustration of the cam sites) will often try to figure out "who" is a loyal and trustworthy customer, at which point they'll slip the guy their Yahoo messenger ID and offer to do cam shows across that, where you then pay them through PayPal. Because then they can charge something reasonable and keep ALL of the money.

But I understand what you mean. Given today's economy where so many people are losing their jobs, maybe even their homes, and you have to work harder and harder to have ANY disposable income at all, there's a point where a ceiling is hit for the average guy and they find themselves saying "Holy cow, is it REALLY worth spending $150 on this?" Or for the average working stiff, they probably find themselves making a direct financial comparison and saying "Is it really worth giving up a whole day's pay to spend only 30 minutes talking to this person on cam?" -- at which point most guys, certainly these days, probably put their credit cards back in their wallet.

Although as I say that, the irony is that on Areeya's I'm Live profile page, under DISLIKES, she does have written: "Cheap Charlies " So maybe she recognizes that things are tough all over and she just figures only those that can afford the bucks to see her will get to see her, so she might as well go for broke and set her price as high as she wants.