View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
...CompuServe? Through a 300 bps modem? The kind you put the phone into. Anyone remember those? ...
300 bps was far faster than the first modem I ever used. It transferred data at the screaming rate of 75 baud.

Actually I do remember 300 bps modems. I also remember having to put a telephone handset in the cradle of the modem so that it could transfer data.

One time I upgraded my computer so that I had a fax/modem card inside it. I was so ultramodern with that. I purposely bought a fax/modem card because some companies still did business with a fax machine and I could send documents directly to a fax to be printed out.

One thing I learned from the above attached pictures is that CompuServe was owned by H & R Block. I had previously only ever thought of them as a strictly financial company that did personal income taxes as a sideline.