Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Yeah me too LOL
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olmes-did.html

Look, there's stupid people in every country. Trust me, I have no respect for the growing bible thumping masses in my country. But for the most part this country doesn't suck. I'm just tired of all the anti-america crap going on when the actions America took that everyone is griping about were unanimously endorsed by the UN.

There is plenty of revisionist history going on in the US too. I'm sure you've heard all the 'Bush Lied about Iraqi WMD' BS.

The democrats were agreeing on the WMD intelligence up until the 2004 elections. Then they conveniently found fault in the intelligence and it all suddenly became Bush's fault.

And what do we say today? It's aaaaaaaall Bush's fault. Forgive me if I don't put much stock in people like yourself and

who have no grasp of the big picture.
Clearly you have little knowledge of how the American government works. It is a two party system and there's always one in control until the other claims control. The control is in Congress, not the Presidency. It is not as if when a new president takes office all the work, intelligence, and other things from the previous administration are discarded.

Quite the contrary. Each successive president inherits everything from the previous. They take on their responsibilities, unfinished business, crisis, war, recession, whatever. And while in office they add to it.

See, it is a growing body work building on the past. And in some cases undoing the past. The point being that the man in office is essentially a caretaker. Picks up where the other left off. Continues the work or goes in a new direction.

The man in office is powerful. And much responsibility is on his shoulders. "The buck stops here." Problem is, in any government everyone wants to pass the buck.

What you fail to understand is that it is Congress that has more direct influence and actual impact on the daily lives of Americans. Congress is where the true power is. It is easy to pass the buck and blame on the president. Especially since he does have real power. But often, his failings stem from Congress, as Congress is in a perpetual feud with itself for control. Democrats want it. They get it. Reps want it. They get. Whoever is in office often has to wade through lots of red tape. Congress is the real problem in America. Especially the current one.

You, have much to learn about how this government works. Yet you don't want to learn. You want to complain. And the more you do the more evident your ignorance of the issues is apparent.