View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of

Since this is a “retro” thread I though it might be fun to look back 50 years… To 1969! Today is May 17, 2019. I tried to find things that happened in May for comparison. Does it bring back memories for anyone? Or if you weren’t around yet, what do you think of their world? Would you want to have lived back then?

Me, I’d really like the women, cars, and music. Some of the other stuff not so much. Computers and early “technology” would have sucked compared to now for example. No “smartphones.” No "wi-fi." No "Starbucks." No "Amazon." And no "4K Ultra HD" TV's. And I’m not into drugs.

Joni Mitchell Although I’m from a totally different musical era, she is a legend. Have (older) friends that have met her. And I think she’s really cute as well.

Marlo Thomas Very popular show of the time. But I have never seen it, not even in repeats. I can see there’s a reason they called it “That Girl.” However, my favorite “celeb crush” from the 60’s is Sharon Tate . I think she’s one of the most beautiful women that has ever lived. I’d rank her right up there with my current favorites. And from all accounts I’ve read, a sweet person. We all know what happened that night. Wish I could have been there to stop it. But you already knew that. Have been working on a tribute to her that I’ll post later this summer in the “Divas” thread.

You mean I could’ve seen Led Zeppelin on this night (as an "added attraction" WTF?) for $2.50 USD. In Ohio? That's just a short drive from here. Awesome!

Of course I would have taken my date to see Led Zeppelin in this. A ’69 Chevelle SS 396. Dark green just like my uncle’s. This is pretty much the same car I learned to drive a “stick” in and took Stephanie for a ride in. His is not in as good of shape as this one but it’s mine one day.

Apollo 10. The “dress rehearsal” for the moon landing in July. They separated from the command module and descended to within 50,000 feet of the moon’s surface. The “moon lander” was called “Snoopy” after the dog. The launch date was May 18, 1969.

Nixon was President from 1969 until he resigned in 1974. The United States was deeply involved in the Vietnam War in 1969. This is a clip of Nixon from May 14 addressing the nation. There’s also a clip of Nixon on “Laugh In” saying “Sock It To Me” (a phrase of the time, sort of like “groovy”). Go find it on YouTube.
Attached Thumbnails
jonimitchell.jpg   bbccf117757fe90ba60ffc3013cb0d73.jpg   1969-05-17-ohioad-j1.jpg  

1969-chevrolet-chevelle-ss-396.jpg   Apollo_10_Saturn_V_immediately_after_lift-off.jpg   height.432.no_border.preferPromo.width.768.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 05-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.