View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

With four of the eight first-round Stanley Cup Playoff series completed, I thought I'd review my earlier predictions ... just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Los Angeles will beat Vancouver in six games -- a big UPSET and a huge blow to my imaginary NHL in which Los Angeles doesn't even have a team.
I took a lot of heat from my local hockey friends for this prediction, and it turns out I was wrong. Los Angeles only needed 5 games!

Quote:
St. Louis will beat San Jose in five games.
I called the Blues over the Sharks in exactly the right number of games.

Quote:
Phoenix will prevail over Chicago in six games, despite -- again -- that there shouldn't even be a hockey team in Arizona.
If the Coyotes win tonight, I will have called this one exactly. Chicago has home-ice advantage for Game 6, though, and the Coyotes are 0-7 in their history in games to win a first-round series.

Quote:
Detroit will beat Nashville in seven games.
The only thing that would have made me more wrong on this prediction would have been for Nashville to sweep the Red Wings, rather than losing one game.

Quote:
Ottawa will make the New York Rangers work much harder than anyone expects, but the Rangers will advance after six games.
I was definitely right that the Senators would make the Rangers work, and New York is facing elimination. I have very serious doubts now as to whether this series will end up with the victor I predicted.

Quote:
Florida (another place that shouldn't have a hockey team) will beat the New Jersey Devils in six games.
If Florida wins Game 6, I will have predicted this one correctly.

Quote:
Pittsburgh will defeat Philadelphia. It will take seven games, and there will be several Penguin players who are physically unable to advance to Round 2.
The Flyers have prevailed, and I was wrong. I am not surprised, given the poor play of the Penguins.

Quote:
The Boston Bruins will beat Washington in six games.
I am already wrong on my Bruins prediction, as far as number of games, but I am confident that with Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand finally coming alive, the Caps will have a difficult time prevailing at the Garden on Wednesday. The story of this series though far, though, is the amazing play of Washington goalie Braden Holtby.