Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

To be honest for a minute, Tracy, I think we've roamed into the PERSONAL area here, where it's about winning an argument.
I think all people have positive characteristics like intelligence, faith, honor, empathy, charity, hope, happiness, the list goes on, all the stuff that makes life worth living. But every INDIVIDUAL has 4 or 5 defects, ..personality flaw, sin, physical disability, foolish pride, laziness, whatever, that define who that person is. I'd say most people go to there grave with some of them that are deeply ingrained in their personality.
These FLAWS will not be litigated away by the Supreme Court. Or by who is President.
But a robust economy can put people to work. A sound foreign policy can prevent nuclear war. A medical plan like Europe can heal people! And social security can insure people a basic human dignity when they get too old to work.
Carrying your own weight, keeping what's yours, that was a real good plan years ago when this country was being built. It's called survival. But corrupt oilmen and Wall St Traders are mutating "self-reliance" into "legally stealing" and this country has to guarantee each citizen a realistic plan for equal opportunity. To Thrive. It's called survival.
I am proud of this country for electing Barack Obama. Bush was a goddamn liar. Debate that!