Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Cool Golly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Okay, sesame it's time to revive this thread.

Aramaic is a Semitic language that was thought to be the language that Jesus spoke. Aramaic belongs to the Canaanite languages which is includes Hebrew and Arabic. It is still spoken by small groups of Christians, Jews, and Arabs in the Middle East. If I'm not mistaken the alphabet used in Aramaic is the forerunner of the Hebrew alphabet.

This information is easily verifiable if one does an internet search. I did not however, do a search for any of this information. What I wrote is all from knowledge I have picked up over the years as well as my travels in the Middle East.

Now, sesame I asked you to challenge me. Ask me something that I will at least have to do a search on.

While you are trying to think of something I have several questions for you.

1. How many languages are in common use in the country of China (dialects excluded)?

2. What is the main language of China?

3. How did the main language of China become the main language?

4. How much influence did the Mongol language of Ghengis Khan have on the Chinese languages?

I look forward to your report, sesame. (BTW I don't know the answers to any of the questions that I posed)
Yeah, ha ha
Ila, you little turtle, it took you one whole year to answer my question. So, I will answer your 4 questions within the upcoming four years. Until then, rest in peace.