Thread: "Real Girls"
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by racquel View Post
I guess sometimes you have to use labels. I'd certainly rather be just referred to in standard feminine terms. But I really don't mind "girl like you" or "pre-op" or just about anything. The only thing that really bothers me is being referred to as "gurl" online. That's such a fucked up word. Are people trying to combine "girl" and "guy"? And cranky lesbians who act like I'm a drag queen annoy me.

Shemale protector? Is that some kind of heavy-duty version of the Reality condom that's made for anal?
Ouch... ;-) Considering my nasty history of BBing I don't think so... :D

Nooo, Fey got slightly political... the way I like my women ;-)

I don't mind labels at all - actually it's kinda interesting. In branding and identity-design where I have by daily capacity, we SEARCH for labels to simplify and enhance communication. The fact is that whether we like it or not, we all get assigned an identity - and if we don't attempt to control the labelling (aka branding) then the market will control it - and most often NOT to our benefit. Companies, organisations, people, sexualities, politics... it's human nature to label and to identify aspects in ways so that they can relate to it more easily.

Nothing bad about that unless the labelling is based on ignorance, which it most often is in regards to trans-life from cis*folks.

The labelling must come from us!

H