View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default facts vs. perception

This thread is supposed to be about Prop 8, so I won't continue this other discussion much longer. I'd like to see more discussion about the Boise/Olson federal lawsuit I wrote about earlier, how to organize the fightback against Prop 8, and so on. But you wrote something that I can't let pass without comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by new believer View Post
I work were I come in contact at times with both 'classes' and from personal knowledge, todays social graces bend further toward 'minorities' in every aspect. Maybe that's why more 'whites' which includes gays and transgenders having to work for their wants rather than just saying "I'm not white,so you owe me" and getting more than I have to work for. Please do not try to say it's not so because in my line of work, I travel through various cities and it's the same.
I don't know what work you do, but most people in this country are discriminated against -- irrespective of their race -- by virtue of having to sell their labor for a wage. Perhaps you are part of that "class," and if so you most surely suffer at the hands of those who control the wealth.

Facts, though, have a nasty way of getting in the way of perceptions, and they are particularly pesky when they get in the way of people who, because they suffer in this society, perceive incorrectly who is to blame for that suffering. If you think it is minorities who are responsible for your station in life, you are so off base. You have no idea the discrimination they face in every aspect of their lives, every day, that you will never feel. You have no idea how many more opportunities you have to get out of your situation that they do not have, for no reason other than their skin color.

I would stand on a stage before any audience in this country, with you by my side, and debate this with facts at hand and crush your argument. You should rethink your position, my friend, and focus your wrath on the system that oppresses you as a worker, not your fellow workers -- no matter their color -- who are your natural allies in a fight against the misery our system imposes on far too many of us.

And now, let's get back to the California discussion!

Last edited by smc; 05-30-2009 at 02:10 PM.