Thread: Self Defense
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009
aw9725

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKaiti View Post
My point is that I have some sort of natural security system where if I'm in danger and unconscious or asleep, my body takes control and does stuff for me. I believe that if we had a fire and there was smoke or if I was attacked while sleeping, that my subconscious will defend me or get me to safety. I'm not willing to test that theory but strongly believe it might be true. I guess that would be the best self defense weapon anyone could have.
Animals have a "higher" sense of danger. I'm sure it can exist to different degrees in humans as well. One night a while back (April 2008 I think) my two cats were going crazy running around and meowing and the dog was panting and pacing all over the house. At about 3AM I woke up to a low rumble and then the whole house started rattling and shaking--it was an earthquake. I had never been in one so at first I thought it might have been a tornado or a plane crash or something. Anyway, the cats and the dog could tell something was wrong several hours before it happened. I think people can have that ability too.

We also had a german shepard that could predict storms. You could tell if something was going to be really bad--like a tornado, by watching her. Same kind of "pacing" and whining. She also was a good watchdog!

That's great to have that ability. I think I have something like it too--but not as much.

Last edited by aw9725; 10-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.