View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
A "ballon" or "pop up"message always comes up when I turn on my computer "You have files waiting to be written...to see this files click this balloon". Re-booting means re-installing all my programs all over again a massive job.
Well, when I said "reboot" the computer, that's what I meant. I didn't mean to reinstall your programs from scratch. I simply meant a reboot of turning the computer off and back on -- a simple restart to wipe the memory clear. Yes, that often means you lose some information for a project you were working on (or at least any information since your last save), but more often than not that usually unclogs the plumbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
I was told that I could actualy go into "System"----"Hardware Profiles"----"CD/ROM"----"Driver Profile"----"Delete Driver"----and then "Re-Install". But before I would even try that, since I am terrible with this "tech stuff", I thought I would get some second opinions.
This doesn't sound like a driver problem, but I could be wrong. It doesn't sound like something corrupted the actual driver. It seems more like you were trying to save this file and it simply got stuck in the program's memory. For example, like when you shut the computer off quick without shutting down your browser properly (say Firefox), at which point the next time you turn the computer on you get a message saying "Firefox did not close properly last time. Do you want all your previous open tabs restored?" -- that kind of thing.

Just so you don't have to reinstall any programs or go into your drivers or anything drastic like that...and since you have a Windows system...have you tried doing a System Restore and just going back one day? So the computer simply resets itself to how it was running YESTERDAY when you were having NO problems?