View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

Two anacedotal comments that back up Bionca here.

Firstly, about three years into oestrogen HRT
Climaval {Estradiol Valerate} 6 mg / day
& Finasteride 2.5 mg / day

I commenced using Progesterone
Cyclogest 200mg pessaries
1 per day, up up bum.

I used it for a year.
I didn't get any increase on breast size
nor did it increase sex drive ~~~ Things Ts women often attribute to progesterone.

I did get some affects:
Mood swings, big ones. ~~~ Ask Mr Jodie, he had to live through it
Weight gain. Progesterone increases water retention
Flatulence ~~~ A recognised side effect of Cyclogest

I've a ton of the stuff left over, you are welcome to have it
but as it's prescribed drugs you would need to collect it
in person on foot...

Second anecdotal recollection:
By Kate Craig Jones, who is a friend of my ex girlfriend.
I've met Kate a number of times and she is balanced and straight talking.
This is what she says:
http://iwanttobeagirl.org/kate-transition.html

Update - hormones

I had been on Ovysmen (little bit of oestrogen plus a fair bit of progesterone - a contraceptive pill) until about 9 months ago. I spoke with Dr. Curtis (I kept forgetting to make an appointment) and he was rather surprised and got me to ask my GP to change onto just oestrogen (Zumenon, 2mg).

Oh. My. God. I so wish I had done this sooner! I thought progesterone was good since it appeared to make my boobs grow; that was just water retention! Also, it was making me hungry (it is the pregnancy hormone) and bonkers (I can think so much more clearly now - that 'fog' has gone).

The most amazing thing is my body though; I have lost weight, but my hips have gone from size 10 to size 12 (no more bloody boy-hips!!), and I have CURVES! I mean, proper curves - my waist nips in and I curve out over my hips. My breasts have also grown significantly, which is actually a bit of a problem since now (with implants) they are too big!

If you're on progesterone + ovysmen and are post-op, get your bum to your doc and talk about changing! All the evidence from GIRES suggests that is the right course of action - after all, post-menopausal women only get given oestrogen.

A useful search, for you [you need to join first for free]:
http://www.tvchix.com/search.php?st=...or=&btn=Search
Still need more info?
Then post a thread there.