Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

I have to give Obama credit. He impressed me by getting onto this Palin's pregnant daughter thing quickly and telling folks basically "it's not important, it's not our business, irrelevant to the campaign."

And I find it ironic that the Dems aren't running with it. Thus far, in the political arena few give a shit. As it should be. So a 17 year old is knocked up? Has little bearing on her mother's abilities as a politicians. Oh some can say it reflects on Palin's values. But Palin isn't pregnant. It's all on her daughter.

So what is ironic is who is making a big deal out of it: two groups.

The media. They're running with it. Why make a big deal of it if the Dems aren't?
And the far left. This is the people who think teens ought to get abortions if they want. The people who tend to embrace things traditionally not considered moral and socially acceptable. You'd think they'd embrace a 17 year old who is knocked up. Yet they're making a ruckus only because it's a Republican issue they can use to attack the party.

Now, we all know some folks look down on teen pregnancy and we know why. It's all about social norms, morals, ethics, etc. The left ought to like this since it falls into their progressive agenda. But we all know it doesn't mean shit at all.

My town...we got little girls at 14 making babies. Most have 2 or three kids before they are out of high school. If they want to make a big deal about a pregnant teen then please...come here and do it for crying out loud! We're knee deep in babies here!