View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Everybody has their own reality. Conservatives have their reality. Liberals have their reality. As humans we naturally gravitate to groups and news that matches our reality. For example, almost 50% of the people in the country watch Fox news and believe it is reliable and honest. Fox News fits their perception of reality therefore it is reliable and honest. The facts are otherwise, Fox News obviously caters to the conservatives in the country. They say what conservatives want to here. The same is true of liberal media. I listen to PBS's Bill Moyer's. I believe what he says and think he is a really good guy, that's my reality. Perhaps we are genetically endowed to "fit" into certain political/ideological categories. Tracy and I are poles apart politically but we both love this country. That's the way its always been since the first George.

RANDY:

My gripe isn't with perception based on ideology; it's that there are 2 types of debate: honest and political. Political debate is what allows Conse 'Pubs to say: It's only my opinion that Obama is an American, and others don't feel that way.

Then there is the wordplay trickery. Chicago pols are crooks and Obama is from Chicago, which proves Obama is a crook. Bill Ayers was a terrorist and Obama met Ayers, which prove Obama is a terrorist. Guilt by association, guilt by geography. Of course, it is worded to look like something else.

TAL