Thread: "Real Girls"
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold
Default "Real Girls"

I'm really not fond of non-trans women being called "real" girls, or for that matter trans women being referred to in the feminine with quotes around the pronouns - Like:

I really had a good time with a hot "girl" from the local tranny bar. "She" was pretty and looked like a real girl until "she" got naked.

Aside from the obvious trivializing of my identity and the stuff I had to go through and endure; it's dangerous. Seriously dangerous - Angie Zapata's murderer told the cops "I had to hit it" - Angie wasn't a woman..she wasn't even a person. To a lesser degree, I have been with at least 5 guys who at some post let me know that they were done with me because they liked "real girls". One of them minutes after he talked me (begged is probably a better term) into giving it up for him. I was in bed when he got that stupid awkward look on his face and said "wow you were really hot - but I like the real thing".

I could point out the purely physical stuff and say that they are "feminine" or "womanly" - but really, I was as much a woman before I ever laid eyes on hormones or a skirt or some eyeliner so that whole "femininity" thing doesn't really prove anything - I'd be a chick if I stopped shaving my legs and wore a suit - it's who I am not what I'm wearing.

I think the part that stinks for me (and probably most Trans* folks) is me transitioning was me being 100% authentic - ultimately honest with myself and the world. When that honesty is called dishonest it hurts.