Thread: Justice?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracy
Quote:
Just wondering... say we never went to war with Iraq in 2003. Flash forward to 2011 and there are riots happening in countries all over the middle east as there are now. Do you think the Shias and/or the Sunnies would rebel against Saddam? It's happened in so many countries I can't imagine that it wouldn't have happened in Iraq as well. Some will call that hypothetical, but I really can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. And I find it interesting that neither of the two groups are rebelling now.
Interesting thought. After years of war and violence, the Iraqi's are free of tyranny. Conflict continues between the the religious sects for power. As tyranny declines in Africa and the Middle East, I suspect tribal and religious conflicts will escalate and make governing these countries very difficult. Western style democracy is wishful thinking. Some kind of strong leadership will eventually evolve that is able to suppress all the conflicts. Syria is coming unglued. Who is next Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Quote:
btw... for those who say our presence there caused bitter acrimony against the US in the muslim world, they should have thought about that before they attacked the US. The fact is that the US was attacked by muslim extremists. I don't criticize them for attacking the pentagon. It's an act of war, certainly, but I recognize that that's a military target. That bullshit they pulled in New York is another matter. Did Al Qaeda consider that that might cause bitter acrimony in the US against muslims?
The "terrorist" mentality seems very self destructive to me. Everything they do strengthens their opposition and increases the hate and suspicion of Islam. What is the point of suicide bombers that kill themselves and a few innocent people? To me Al Quida is the very essence of evil.
I understand the opposition of Muslims to the dominance of the West in the middle East. The rebellions across the area are not inspired by Al Quida, however, they are derived from over population, unemployment and lack of opportunity to have a decent life.

Last edited by randolph; 04-24-2011 at 09:19 AM.