Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
And regarding why it is "brilliant" that a black man gets the presidency? Not only is that in itself of immense historical value for all non-whites (in the whole world), but it is a break with former times inherent racism and is very true to the original American spirit of no judgement based on any thing but talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
But that's the thing. If he did have talent and experience and has some kind of track record to his name (hopefully a good track record), then I wouldn't mind so much that he's president.

His experience? He's the least experienced person to become president in over 100 years. The only talent he has is in giving speeches. Make that reading speeches, he's pretty bad when he's ad libing. He'd make a better public relations person. But putting his lack of experience aside, and his call for 'change' and 'hope'. When you listen to what he says... There's nothing American to it.

So to your comment 'it is a break with former times inherent racism and is very true to the original American spirit of no judgement based on any thing but talent' is complete BS. He is president because of his race and not because of his talent. That is not the American way. That's the Affirmative Action way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
TracyBaby, it would seem that the essense keeps escaping you... if you cannot grasp the importance of what has happened and if you cannot even in your right-wing little heart salute the beauty of it all, then I rest my case.
Ok, so for Hank's reason for why we need a black president regardless of experience or his political leanings is "beauty"... reason ascertained: because America just needs a black president.

Well I guess that about wraps it up. Kind of anti-climactic I'd say. For some reason I thought you had more depth than that.